+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I share the same feeling. My fingerprints haven't changed either, immigration took my fingerprints in Dec 2018. lol
I call IRCC on regular basis and although some IRCC officers are really nice people they don't have all the answers.

Reactions: dgeorge

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Actually common sense prevails but if they get free from collecting monies it would be good to have some results

Last edited:

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
I wish one day we wake up and get an email from CIC telling that the biometrics for PR is now waived lol. I really don’t get the idea of why they need a new set of biometrics when our current one is still valid up to 10 years since we are CEC inland already.
I agree I just gave my biometrics in January actually for extension of WP and now I have to given again for PR? I called them and they said for PR we take different biometrics??? Confused

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
There is second wave expected in September and therefore focus is to invite maximum people and collect money and keep them waiting for next year or so and than once things settle down to boost real estate the economy will open next year with flood of immigrants which will move real estate.

People still expect to make future in economy which is already very slow and heading for recession so to push it and need some money spenders and nothing best like fresh immigrants.
I’m literally rolling on the floor laughing at this.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I live in Ontario and we are in stage 3 since last Friday. But I cannot predict anything from Service Canada at this point unfortunately.
I just hope IRCC adopts the same procedure they have done for WP and study visas extensions for inland PR applicants who have provided in the past biometrics for WP. My wife and I have already provide our biometrics.
You really can’t say that Ontario is in stage 3. Toronto joined stage 3 yesterday. Windsor is still not in stage 3.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Yes WP no longer required but these are decisions which definitely require people with some prudent mind set Nd not bunch of idiots who are good for nothing.
People with work permit belong to the group TFW - TEMPORARY Foreign Workers

PR is PERMANENT Resident.
The all caps words are keywords.
Security checks for PR applications go much deeper.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
People with work permit belong to the group TFW - TEMPORARY Foreign Workers

PR is PERMANENT Resident.
The all caps words are keywords.
Security checks for PR applications go much deeper.
So up until last year they were doing wrong without biometrics, seriously speaking they are just selling excuses

Reactions: Mzt2020

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
So up until last year they were doing wrong without biometrics, seriously speaking they are just selling excuses
Systems change. People can have same names, one having a criminal record, the other not. Fingerprinting sets them apart as no one has the same print as another person. If anything, biometrics is speeding up the process. Not right now, as we have to wait until we can get printed at Service Canada.

Also, what we pay for this is nothing compared what the processing ACTUALLY costs the Canadian tax payers. That is why fees were raised, earlier this year. I remember people telling me, 15-20 years ago during the old "first come first serve" system before Express Entry, how much it cost back then. What we pay now is about a quarter of what it cost back then.There was no biometrics involved and there was no online application. It also included personal history from the age of 18 onwards. No matter how old you were when you applied. I'm quite happy with the new system.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Wow suddenly some one started being sceptical in IRCc and came up with this approach to make process till date look stupid.
That’s not fair with applicants who are waiting for 4-5 months, if they cannot reopen better switch over to older version without biometrics.
This is something to do with everyone’s future and not matter research.

STazH

Aug 24, 2019
I need to travel outsode Ontario, would I be able to give my biometrics in Vancouver (when they start taking biometrics) when my application is from Ontario?

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Reactions: Mzt2020