+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hey guys,
Anyone here waiting to get biometrics done at service Canada locations since forever?
Anyone considering to travel to US or know someone who has gone to US to get their bio-metrics done?
You can’t go to US to do biometrics done. Non-essential travel is not allowed.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
So are there going to be 40k people flooding service Canada (mainly in Toronto and Vancouver) when biometrics appointments will reopen? doesn't sound sustainable lol

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
So are there going to be 40k people flooding service Canada (mainly in Toronto and Vancouver) when biometrics appointments will reopen? doesn't sound sustainable lol
In the same way CELPIP tests have been fully booked months out, biometrics appointments can be phased over time once Service Canada resumes that service. Maybe IRCC will have vetted and accredited some 3rd party organizations to help with the incoming load by that time as well.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
In the same way CELPIP tests have been fully booked months out, biometrics appointments can be phased over time once Service Canada resumes that service. Maybe IRCC will have vetted and accredited some 3rd party organizations to help with the incoming load by that time as well.
That is also ridiculous. Of course, I would want everyone to get whatever they need asap. However, imagine that. My appointment was on March 16th, and SC canceled all appointments on March 15th. I am waiting for 5 months now for something to be worked out just because of a day. And again, imagine that a friend who got their AOR this week may give their biometrics before me, just if they see the news beforehand. Because there is no rule/regulation/system whatsoever, this will create a lot of problems. IRCC seems to not care and issue invitations like everything is alright, but it is not.

cicmagician

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09/04/2020
AOR Received.
18/04/2020
Med's Done....
11/06/2020
That is also ridiculous. Of course, I would want everyone to get whatever they need asap. However, imagine that. My appointment was on March 16th, and SC canceled all appointments on March 15th. I am waiting for 5 months now for something to be worked out just because of a day. And again, imagine that a friend who got their AOR this week may give their biometrics before me, just if they see the news beforehand. Because there is no rule/regulation/system whatsoever, this will create a lot of problems. IRCC seems to not care and issue invitations like everything is alright, but it is not.
There is also a chance of waiving most of inland applications but that's a long shot. There will be first come first serve mentality and it will cause injustice. Do they care? I don't think so.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
There is also a chance of waiving most of inland applications but that's a long shot. There will be first come first serve mentality and it will cause injustice. Do they care? I don't think so.
You have paid money and biometrics fees as a normal applicant would do in hope of getting it done ASAP, thats way i would be doing as well.

IRCC mindset- You paid money to us and if you being delayed- thats none of our business. At least the way responses come to webforms that i have raised. Its delayed because of COVID which is was unusual, as if they were super efficient before mid March and they were living upto their commitments.

In your case atleast i can say its unlucky to miss window by a day and ideally people like you should get prioritised appointments when situation resumes in 2,3 or 6 months or may be after 6 months also we will be discussing this over the forum.

Fact remains- LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE APPLICANTS

leothelion

Jun 26, 2020
I have a biometric number and the last date I gave biometrics in my status page and the expiry of those biometrics and a BIL they could have skipped for all those CEC stream at least since they already have them in the system it does not make sense

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I have never said anything about our wait to give biometrics, delayed due to COVID-19. But ever since malls, clubs etc opened, I feel little frustrated with how IRCC is not letting applicants take biometrics when clearly the safety protocols can be followed by taking appointments. TBH, I find it a little ridiculous.

leothelion

Jun 26, 2020
True that, however may be they have a different system , database in place for PR applications.
if its a different data base we would not be seeing this info on our PR application status page... so i find it extremely odd, since up until 2018 one never needed a bio metric to get your PR approved and now there are 40K people stuck on that step ... only increasing backlogs to IRCC, no idea what their strategy is.... but atleast you are not waiting 200 years (for indians) like you have to in united states..which is bizzare