+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Height of pessimism
The applicant is trying to be realistic because right now what seems to be IRCC thought process is

All applicants, Thanks for your application and follow up, We expect you to be Patient but if because of stress and anxiety you become Patient , that's none of our business.

You may be well educated person belonging to very sound financial background but at the same we are sceptical that why a person with good sound financial background and Master's Degree would like to be part of our country, so we need to check all this. To clarify further we are taking time to check your background and security only so if you wondering we are checking 3 to 4 generations background , you are wrong. You should be glad its only for you.

Lastly if you are not satisfied we never asked you to apply and instead you who were dying to part of our country, so we are trying to give you taste at application process only how it works here, so just relax and BE PATIENT...

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I have never said anything about our wait to give biometrics, delayed due to COVID-19. But ever since malls, clubs etc opened, I feel little frustrated with how IRCC is not letting applicants take biometrics when clearly the safety protocols can be followed by taking appointments. TBH, I find it a little ridiculous.
Almost as if you don’t have the full picture or behind the scenes information as to why certain decisions are made.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
what is your progress bar showing? have you passed everything else?
100%
My last update was at the beginning of March (when I passed medical exam)

"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Almost as if you don’t have the full picture or behind the scenes information as to why certain decisions are made.
Yup. Service Canada doesn’t just deal with biometrics and have a backlog of other things they need to take care of for current residents. PR applications isn’t at the top of the list when it comes to everything else they do. Biometrics can, understandably, wait.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Yup. Service Canada doesn’t just deal with biometrics and have a backlog of other things they need to take care of for current residents. PR applications isn’t at the top of the list when it comes to everything else they do. Biometrics can, understandably, wait.
No one is asking to be at the top of the list. The problem here is no information given, no explanation made. Current residents you say? Who am I? I paid $$$k of taxes all these years, I contribute to the community at a good extent and I am living here for years. So you tell me I am not the priority but, as they waived the biometrics for those, temporary permit applicants are?

People need their PR for many, many things. It is not just "oh, I got PR, okay." It affects business, it affects family, it affects everything possible. And again, no one is asking for a priority. We ask for an explanation, and not being put on hold for 5 months without a single word. Gotcha?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
No one is asking to be at the top of the list. The problem here is no information given, no explanation made. Current residents you say? Who am I? I paid $$$k of taxes all these years, I contribute to the community at a good extent and I am living here for years. So you tell me I am not the priority but, as they waived the biometrics for those, temporary permit applicants are?

People need their PR for many, many things. It is not just "oh, I got PR, okay." It affects business, it affects family, it affects everything possible. And again, no one is asking for a priority. We ask for an explanation, and not being put on hold for 5 months without a single word. Gotcha?

I agree with your point, sitting 5 months without saying anything shows how careless they are about new Immigrants. Employers bring you on work permit and you face bias since you are stuck and cannot do anything and all benefits are passed to people from here.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
I have a question for those who have received Biometrics letter and their medical examination has been passed. Is it true that until the biometrics request is completed, application is still considered in progress and if your passed medicals expire while waiting for biometrics, applicants are asked to resubmit their medicals? Can someone please validate this information?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

sigh!

Service Canada handle so much more than just biometrics. Have a look at what they do and then maybe you will understand.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
sigh!

Service Canada handle so much more than just biometrics. Have a look at what they do and then maybe you will understand.
Please, read before you reply. No one is saying that SC has nothing else to do, but only biometrics. They surely have many things to do. That's why it is better to LET US KNOW what exactly is going on. We are not asking anything related to what SC does. What we all want is getting some information. Understand?

Reactions: Rahul81

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
sigh!

What ever they do doesn’t matter. It’s their job and responsibility. Accountability and responsibility matters.You cannot simply blame COVD and escape from your responsibility causing pain in someone’s ass.

Last edited:

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
What ever they do doesn’t matter. It’s their job and responsibility. Accountability and responsibility matters.You cannot simply blame COVD and escape from your responsibility causing pain in someone’s ass.
How incredibly stupid of me to not understand that biometrics gathering is more important than EI, Cerb, or all the other residents of Canada who are out of a job and need financial aid. Or any of all the other services that Service Canada handle. Of course they should allocate more staff to gather biometrics so PR applications can be processed faster. Never mind everything else. My bad.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Yes when they can do draws and collect money they can get biometrics done as well. Either they should stop conducting draw and not have dual policies. on One side you invite people and at same time close the doors since biometrics are closed. Heights.....

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
So what is your suggestion? Beyond complaining on here?

As far as communication goes, they have been consistent about Biometrics collection not being available yet, despite some Service Canada locations being open.

The Minister of Families, Children and Social Development went as far as to say the following:
As we reopen in-person Service Canada Centres, safely serving Canadians will remain our top priority.
Decisions about reopening (Service Canada services) are being guided by public health advice, with the priority that as many Canadians as possible should be able to access an open Service Canada office. Passport and biometrics services will not be available during the first phase of the reopening of Service Canada Centres. This suggests that services are being reintroduced in waves, as and when public health advice is favorable towards those services and the safety of both staff and visitors.

Reactions: yyzstudent

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
So what is your suggestion? Beyond complaining on here?

As far as communication goes, they have been consistent about Biometrics collection not being available yet, despite some Service Canada locations being open.

The Minister of Families, Children and Social Development went as far as to say the following:

Decisions about reopening (Service Canada services) are being guided by public health advice, with the priority that as many Canadians as possible should be able to access an open Service Canada office. Passport and biometrics services will not be available during the first phase of the reopening of Service Canada Centres. This suggests that services are being reintroduced in waves, as and when public health advice is favorable towards those services and the safety of both staff and visitors.
Service Canada is not a farmers market. Passport service are available few weeks back. Only biometrics is not available. For biometrics we need to book an appointment walk in is not accepted. Do u understand how regulated it is. People waiting for biometrics are future Canadians .

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Service Canada is not a farmers market. Passport service are available few weeks back. Only biometrics is not available. For biometrics we need to book an appointment walk in is not accepted. Do u understand how regulated it is. People waiting for biometrics are future Canadians .
You aren’t telling me anything i don’t know. If it helps you sleep better at night, write to your MP about it

Reactions: yyzstudent