+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
It’s already six months and by the time some one notices it will be another 3-4 months. hope marketing agencies across globe stop promoting six month immigration timing and stop be fooling prospective immigrants

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
If they do that that means they will have to refund millions of dollars. Not seeing that happening. Lol. They need money now more than ever
Hmm good point I hadn't thought about it that way! Guess we just need to wait *sigh*

Reactions: Desean

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Believe me it’s unfortunate. but they are doing what they can to keep this economy a float and put money in everyone’s pocket at the same time. It’s just their priorities are to their citizens and residents first and then everyone come after. So take the money from express and help keep the country up. All will be well so just keep the faith. PR’s will be approving on a major scale real soon
Appreciate the positive attitude thanks!

Reactions: Desean

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
No one is asking to be at the top of the list. The problem here is no information given, no explanation made. Current residents you say? Who am I? I paid $$$k of taxes all these years, I contribute to the community at a good extent and I am living here for years. So you tell me I am not the priority but, as they waived the biometrics for those, temporary permit applicants are?

People need their PR for many, many things. It is not just "oh, I got PR, okay." It affects business, it affects family, it affects everything possible. And again, no one is asking for a priority. We ask for an explanation, and not being put on hold for 5 months without a single word. Gotcha?
Lol man you might be living for years and paying taxes that doesnt make you any different from current residents they are doing the same morever they have paid more in taxes than you since the start of their work which could be 2digit year experience easily...Come on man they exempt the biometrics for temp visas obviously there has to be some sort of economy they cant just run the universities and colleges just by holding the newcommers for biometrics..buddy you run a family of max 5 or whatever the number is imagine they have to deal with so many things besides the biometrics for PR applicants..be happy atleast they are processing applications putting biometrics on HOLD...i agree about them updating us what is going on with biometrics...they will update if they decided something its not that they want to keep us waiting forever..and about money as some ppl say they agreed to refund the money they are taking the money for nothing...Remember you might be paying $$$k in taxes there are ppl out there who paid $$$$k in taxes im saying this because some ppl think they are more important to the country than anything else...

leothelion

Jun 26, 2020
You mean the requirement for you to give biometrics for a PR, or an exception that allows you to not provide biometrics and still
get tour PR processed ?

if it’s the former it was not introduced in July ... it’s been there for a while ...as you may see from the forum people are waiting since March to get their biometrics dome

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Honestly, this wait is baffling. We are two days away from September and they have done literally nothing but instruct inland PR applicants to wait for Service Canada to resume biometrics collection services. If the experts are correct, we are a few weeks or days away from the second wave and I just don’t see how they are going to keep Service Canada open.

I think it will be better if Service Canada focuses on services that can not be provided online. My technical background says this biometrics issue can be resolved by having people submit their fingerprints online. FBI is doing it for US police clearance. I guess they have not thought through this as they are probably working on study permits this time of the year to not lose the revenue from international students. Anyway, I would be bummed if we have another lockdown and IRCC maintains status quo over pending inland PR applications.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
The bio metrics where you have to do a new one for PR. I don’t remember exactly but the was recent an updated was given.
The bio requirement for inland applicants came into effect on 3 Dec 2019.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Honestly, this wait is baffling. We are two days away from September and they have done literally nothing but instruct inland PR applicants to wait for Service Canada to resume biometrics collection services. If the experts are correct, we are a few weeks or days away from the second wave and I just don’t see how they are going to keep Service Canada open.

I think it will be better if Service Canada focuses on services that can not be provided online. My technical background says this biometrics issue can be resolved by having people submit their fingerprints online. FBI is doing it for US police clearance. I guess they have not thought through this as they are probably working on study permits this time of the year to not lose the revenue from international students. Anyway, I would be bummed if we have another lockdown and IRCC maintains status quo over pending inland PR applications.
It is odd. Plus people in this situation are needing to get bridging permits too because of the delays, which is again adding more pressure onto to IRCC to process even more applications. Obviously I don't know how things work there but it seems like they are making more work for themselves.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
June 2020 AOR here.

I think it's silly that I got my fingerprints and picture taken during my RCMP check, and the results correctly indicated a match to my previous PGWP biometrics in Aug 2019, yet they still expect me to do separate biometrics check for PR.

There's already a massive backlog of biometric applicants from March onwards, and more continue to pile up as ITA/BILs are issued. When Service Canada reopens they won't be at full capacity. This will take a VERY long time to clear.

The logical thing to do for inland applicants would be to take previous biometrics to process. Like some applicants here they've entered the biometrics field on my online application with the old biometric info, so it's not like they can't link them.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Lol. This is the form they use to make finger impressions with ink. https://www.edo.cjis.gov/artifacts/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf

Seriously, keep laughing now.
LOL

Follow the steps under the “Obtaining Your Identity History Summary” section. If you submit a request electronically directly to the FBI, you may visit a participating U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request. You may go to any of the 81 participating U.S. Post Office locations nationwide upon completion of your request. Additional fees may apply.

If you choose to use a U.S. Post Office location, you must complete your application and payment electronically prior to visiting a U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request.
The other approved options are to send your request directly to the FBI via the mail, or go via an FBI-approved channeler.

All of which have strict guidelines. You don’t just “submit fingerprints online”