+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
It's nothing too exciting but a slight tiny glimmer of hope for some info coming soon. I see IRCC replying to people saying "Only temporary residence applicants in Canada are currently biometrics exempt: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-temporary-residents.html The department is also looking at potential options to help permanent residence applicants in Canada."
This public policy was released on July 15th. IRCC could have already updated this policy to help inland PR applicants.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
This public policy was released on July 15th. IRCC could have already updated this policy to help inland PR applicants.
Since they announced the exemption for temporary applications back in July, from following their tweets, they have been silent on acknowledging the situation for inland PR. People seem to be bombarding them on Twitter asking what is going on and this is their current reply, so at least they are saying they are looking into something.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Since they announced the exemption for temporary applications back in July, from following their tweets, they have been silent on acknowledging the situation for inland PR. People seem to be bombarding them on Twitter asking what is going on and this is their current reply, so at least they are saying they are looking into something.
Look at the situation this way, IRCC likes to brag about the 6-month processing time for 80% of their applications and they have not approved any of the March 2020 AORs yet because of this biometric dilemma. By September, all these applicants would have already waited for a minimum of 6 months because of IRCC's indecisiveness. I am thinking they will be forced to address the dysfunctional operations within the federal government or waive the biometrics. What's ironic is the minister responsible for Service Canada is the ex Immigration minister Ahmed Hussen who happened to be the immigration minister when biometrics were introduced.

If kids can go back to school. they can collect biometrics for sure. Best solution for everyone right now is opening up biometrics just for PR applicants and re-open it for everyone including temporary residents when the backlog gets cleared.

Reactions: Rahul81

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Look at the situation this way, IRCC likes to brag about the 6-month processing time for 80% of their applications and they have not approved any of the March 2020 AORs yet because of this biometric dilemma. By September, all these applicants would have already waited for a minimum of 6 months because of IRCC's indecisiveness. I am thinking they will be forced to address the dysfunctional operations within the federal government or waive the biometrics. What's ironic is the minister responsible for Service Canada is the ex Immigration minister Ahmed Hussen who happened to be the immigration minister when biometrics were introduced.

If kids can go back to school. they can collect biometrics for sure. Best solution for everyone right now is open up biometrics just for PR applicants and re-open it for everyone including temporary residents when the backlog gets cleared.
I agree that it seems crazy that schools, bars, clubs etc are open and these services aren't. But I am concerned about them opening biometrics again because as this has all been going on they have continued to invite applicants. As nobody is progressing forward the queues are getting longer and longer so when they open the centers it is going to take a long time to even get an appointment. In my non-expert opinion, at this stage they need to waive them completely.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I agree that it seems crazy that schools, bars, clubs etc are open and these services aren't. But I am concerned about them opening biometrics again because as this has all been going on they have continued to invite applicants. As nobody is progressing forward the queues are getting longer and longer so when they open the centers it is going to take a long time to even get an appointment. In my non-expert opinion, at this stage they need to waive them completely.
I agree with you. Almost 4000 invitations every fortnight since they decided to shut down Service Canada and people are still getting invitations. If there are already 40,000 people waiting to submit their biometrics, it is going to be a complete shit show. They almost made it impossible for inlands to submit biometrics. Our options are either wait until they get their acts together or go to the US to submit biometrics, come back, and self-isolate for 14 days. Good luck with being employed after pulling this little stunt.

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I sent a Webform 2 days ago asking about that. I already have my biometrics from my WP valid until 2028. I awaiting feedback.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020

If kids can go back to school. they can collect biometrics for sure. Best solution for everyone right now is opening up biometrics just for PR applicants and re-open it for everyone including temporary residents when the backlog gets cleared.
they Open or remain shut for few more months, the fact remains that every passing day is adding to pressure on applicants who are stuck and interesting part you have no rights to ask any question except for raising GCmS notes.
the more concerns you raise on this forum you start getting messages From some scholars on this forum for example- no one is asking you to come to Canada and some other Crap.

further there is no point in calling or sending webform as you will be receiving normal message, so just wait and watch.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
they Open or remain shut for few more months, the fact remains that every passing day is adding to pressure on applicants who are stuck and interesting part you have no rights to ask any question except for raising GCmS notes.
the more concerns you raise on this forum you start getting messages From some scholars on this forum for example- no one is asking you to come to Canada and some other Crap.

further there is no point in calling or sending webform as you will be receiving normal message, so just wait and watch.
While I do not agree with everything you post, I do understand your frustration about this. People really should not be schooling you here.

IRCC has been doing very well compared to other immigration authorities in the world. Let's hope they make the right move before it's too late. It's also a sensitive topic as it is a national security issue. The reason being one could end up living indefinitely (legally) in Canada without having to report to IRCC.

Reactions: Rahul81

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
While I do not agree with everything you post, I do understand your frustration about this. People really should not be schooling you here.

IRCC has been doing very well compared to other immigration authorities in the world. Let's hope they make the right move before it's too late. It's also a sensitive topic as it is a national security issue. The reason being one could end up living indefinitely (legally) in Canada without having to report to IRCC.
thanks for understanding, I understand everyone do get frustrated and do get vocal , but it’s delay beyond usual . Not sure how they will get the backlog out. Once biometrics open it may take 2-3 months to get an appointment which will further delay. Anyways it their country so we cannot do much about it.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
thanks for understanding, I understand everyone do get frustrated and do get vocal , but it’s delay beyond usual . Not sure how they will get the backlog out. Once biometrics open it may take 2-3 months to get an appointment which will further delay. Anyways it their country so we cannot do much about it.
You are welcome. I honestly do not think they will force us to submit our biometrics if getting an appointment would take 2-3 months. In that case, they will probably waive it or have us submit it during the application for citizenship or PR renewal.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
You are welcome. I honestly do not think they will force us to submit our biometrics if getting an appointment would take 2-3 months. In that case, they will probably waive it or have us submit it during the application for citizenship or PR renewal.

Well in that case they should exempt now as its been 5 plus months already. Hope some one is making decision is thinking practically and logically , just for instance i was told by my colleague that one year work permit renewal takes 177 days which was 90 days and than it reduced to 35 days and back to 177. How come that is possible for one year renewal it takes 6 months.

If you are on implied status the province won't cover medical for you, right now its been extended but they don't even guarantee extending further. I am wondering what all is going on.

I agree you cannot do anything but some rational thinking is required as to why there is so much chaos.

Anj84

May 21, 2020
Hi - if you get BIL is that an indication that you meet criteria and points . If not is there any timeline by when you can get rejection.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi - if you get BIL is that an indication that you meet criteria and points . If not is there any timeline by when you can get rejection.
Getting BIL is just an indication that your file have undergone the R10 completeness check. This means that your documents are complete and ready to be reviewed by an agent/analyst to see if you meet the eligibility criteria. Current trend shows it takes at least 50 days since AOR to get BIL for majority of the applicants.

Shireenmag

Sep 17, 2019
Hey guys,
Anyone here waiting to get biometrics done at service Canada locations since forever?
Anyone considering to travel to US or know someone who has gone to US to get their bio-metrics done?