+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics status changed from "Completed" to "We Don't Need Your Fingerprints..."

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
I applied on the 25th of April, game my biometrics on the 26th, status changed shortly after to completed and that was done!
Three or more days ago I saw that my profile status was "updated" but no update was shown. Today I saw that the status of my biometrics section changed from being "completed" to "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."

How come this change happened and why in reverse? Would it be possible that they lost or deleted my fingerprints? Anything I should worry about? other than waiting for 13 weeks for a study permit and school starting in a month?

Thanks!

DammeFavour

May 19, 2018
I think it means they have your biometrics on file now. Mine also changed and I was approved a few days ago. April applicant too

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
I think it means they have your biometrics on file now. Mine also changed and I was approved a few days ago. April applicant too
Thank you, when did yours change? i.e how long after it changed you got your approval?

Congrats and I bet the anxiety and stress were fun!

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hey guys. My Biometric's status changed today from 'Complete' to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

There was information added regarding the Biometrics under Applicant Information:
Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:09/29/2017
  • Expiry Date: 09/29/2027
Any idea what this change/update reflects?

Leedya

Jul 15, 2018
Hey guys. My Biometric's status changed today from 'Complete' to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

There was information added regarding the Biometrics under Applicant Information:
Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
I have the same thing.. I think everybody will have this change.

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
Yea me too. Not sure if this is by any means a good thing or just documentation,

Aes

Jul 31, 2018
Hello,

I applied from London (online application) I'm an international students in UK, and I'm Pakistani, even my biomatric status changed today from completed to we do not need your fingerprints.

Reactions: Ashleeen