+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics instruction letter - when to expect?

Komal7899

Jan 10, 2020
On the cic website they say:
"After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says so and where you can go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.
If you applied online
The letter will go to your account message box within 24 hours of applying. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message."

Now needless to say that i havent received the letter (and yes, i do need biometrics and charge was collected upfront while paying for application). From what i understand, nobody really gets it as early as 24 hours.
Anybody who has any information on this, please share.
Did you receive the biometric instruction letter? Or when you receive the letter

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I submitted my PR application for myself and spouse on December 27th 2019. I am yet to receive the biometric instruction letter. Do I need to followup with CIC? Usually after how many days after PR submission does the letter inviting for biometrics come?

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi everyone, have you guys received your Bil ? I'm still waiting haven't hard nothing
Just don't know maybe due to the pandemic will course delay

Sep 17, 2020
"After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says so and where you can go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.
If you applied online
The letter will go to your account message box within 24 hours of applying. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message."

Now needless to say that i havent received the letter (and yes, i do need biometrics and charge was collected upfront while paying for application). From what i understand, nobody really gets it as early as 24 hours.

Sep 17, 2020
If you applied online

after checking your applications package, making sure no errors ,any missing signatures, missing forms or any important documents etc....the office which received your applications , will send a letter for biometrics.....then they will start processing your applications

Ranglapunjab

Nov 2, 2020
So my Brother in Law got his Bio-metrics done today but VAC center have no clue whether they need to send it to CIC or what? Can somebody please guide what needs to be done?

He submitted his application on 3rd Jan and got the Bio-metrics letter on 15th Feb. Got it done today at Chandigarh
I have query about biometric.. can i can get biometric done before medical examination?? Bcz I haven’t got any letter from IRcc yet..

Sep 17, 2020
I have query about biometric.. can i can get biometric done before medical examination?? Bcz I haven’t got any letter from IRcc yet..
to my understanding that first biometric then medical. normally biometric required for your sponsored person after your eligibility approval (sponsor ) done and cic ready to send your applications to sponsored person born country for further processing about your sponsored person eligibility and approval.

Ekete

Sep 2, 2023
Hi everyone,
It's been 83days since I submitted my PR application. But have not received biometric request letter, can someone tell whether it's normal to wait this long for the letter?

Thanks in advance.

Sleek007

Aug 29, 2023
I'm having same issue. I submitted my application on 26th of October and it's been over 70 days, I'm yet to get the Biometric letter

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14