+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics instruction letter - when to expect?

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello

I got the Medical examination pass update on my profile but haven’t received any update regarding BIL. Is there anyone with this scenario too?
Any idea as to when the update for BIL comes?

Sarahmj57

Apr 15, 2019
Hi, so I've recieved my AOR on April 17th and there has been no changes to any of the stages. Can someone please shine light on what happens next, plus how long should we wait for a letter for biometrics?

May 23, 2019
On the cic website they say:
"After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says so and where you can go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.
If you applied online
The letter will go to your account message box within 24 hours of applying. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message."

Now needless to say that i havent received the letter (and yes, i do need biometrics and charge was collected upfront while paying for application). From what i understand, nobody really gets it as early as 24 hours.
Anybody who has any information on this, please share.
Smae problem here

thebawas

Jun 1, 2019
Hi Everyone... I applied online form Canada TRV, along with biometric fees. I received Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) for me and my family members within 24 hours. I think, it is a total automated process without any human intervention as I could make out that they have picked my address exactly the way I mentioned in my Application Form. Pretty Streamlined process as of now.

Also the online instructions on biometric state very clearly state that visa processing will start only after receipt of biometric finger prints by them. Hence all the more clarifies that getting or not getting a BIL is no indication that visa has been not approved or not approved.

This is my understanding, as I am also applying first time for Canada TRV.

Mia_0113

May 22, 2019
Hello

I got the Medical examination pass update on my profile but haven’t received any update regarding BIL. Is there anyone with this scenario too?
Same situation here. It's been over a month since MEP but I still haven't heard anything regarding BIL. Did you get any updates since then?

Mia_0113

May 22, 2019
You could call or raise a webform for the enquiry on BIL. what’s your AOR?
AOR-3.12
MEP-5.1
My lawyer has sent a CSE and their response was that this situation is normal...but from what I've seen is that almost everyone received their BIL pretty soon after MEP. I guess the only thing I can do is wait now:(

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
AOR-3.12
MEP-5.1
My lawyer has sent a CSE and their response was that this situation is normal...but from what I've seen is that almost everyone received their BIL pretty soon after MEP. I guess the only thing I can do is wait now:(

Yes! That’s all that we can do... how’s your file progressing otherwise? Any updates post May MEP?

i.grace

Oct 22, 2018
Hello

I'm in the same situation too. Have you received your BIL yet? I received my MEP on the 21st of June.

Syed Majid

Jun 24, 2019
My question is,
I applied for vist visa, and at the time of submission of documents, thay return my passport. Now I received my biomatric validation report.
I don’t know what is next ?