VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Message sent to Senate

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I have been following this forum for a few months and thank the members for their contributions.
I believe we are close to bill C-6 becoming law. However, the question that concerns us all is regarding when it will be implemented.
In this regard the IRCC website talks about a period of public consultation on this bill after it has been prepublished in the Canada Gazette Part 1.
Request one of the experts on this forum to please throw some light on this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/citizenship-act.asp

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
I have been following this forum for a few months and thank the members for their contributions.
I believe we are close to bill C-6 becoming law. However, the question that concerns us all is regarding when it will be implemented.
In this regard the IRCC website talks about a period of public consultation on this bill after it has been prepublished in the Canada Gazette Part 1.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/citizenship-act.asp
basically this means that the law will not be implemented right away

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

This is a completely formal announcement that tells us nothing. Whenever the government wants to change regulations they make such an announcement. There is nothing to learn from this. In particular it does NOT indicate anything about the speed of implementation, neither in the positive nor in the negative.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
what does it mean no committee?
The stage at which the bill is at doesn't require comitee study anymore.. it has long passed that stage.
For now basically it's all about passing this bill is the exact same format in both houses. They would both keep debating the amendements till it's finalized/one of the houses gives up.
Chill guys.. senate will for sure accept it now and send it to royal assent :)

Reactions: lilen

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
what does it mean no committee?
During the earlier stages of the process, bills go through committee before they are debated in the chamber.

Since the Senate is only considering amendments by the HoC, the bill doesn't go to committee but is debated directly in the Senate chamber. This is nothing new, btw. All considerations of amendments are done like this.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I don't even know w

This is a completely formal announcement that tells us nothing. Whenever the government wants to change regulations they make such an announcement. There is nothing to learn from this. In particular it does NOT indicate anything about the speed of implementation, neither in the positive nor in the negative.
Plus it's from may.. look at the date on the very bottom of the page.

Reactions: lilen

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
May be tomorrow [or correction = within next 2 weeks] is the day to celebrations re #C6!

I sincerely dont think anything could go wrong at this stage with the bill. The worst case - though low probability - will be disagreement on HoC proposed age amendment and that may result in ping pong with HoC for some time until it is finally accepted.

Liberals are racing in to make it a law before Canada Day.

Passing C6 will also put this longest thread on forum to a happy end. *feeling optimistic*

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
basically this means that the law will not be implemented right away
Thank you pkin007.
The questions I have are,
A) What changes can public consultation bring to a bill that has already been passed and is law?
B) Public consultation durations range from 15 days to even three months. Do we have any precedents to inform us of how long the public consultation for C-6 will be?
C) Is it worthwhile for us to participate in this public consultation?

Thanks in advance for your inp

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
May be tomorrow [or correction = within next 2 weeks] is the day to celebrations re #C6!

I sincerely dont think anything could go wrong at this stage with the bill. The worst case - though low probability - will be disagreement on HoC proposed age amendment and that may result in ping pong with HoC for some time until it is finally accepted.

Liberals are racing in to make it a law before Canada Day.

Passing C6 will also put this longest thread on forum to a happy end. *feeling optimistic*
Even Omidvar and Jaffer have indicated that the bill won't pass this week but next week. So don't get overexcited and relax for some days. Even if this were a very uncontroversial bill it would be surprising if they passed it tomorrow right after debate started. They'll need some days for it.

No need not to stay optimistic that it will pass before the break, but wishing for it to pass tomorrow is a bit too much optimism.