+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I have heard "rumors" that PR card holders will be allowed to work abroad and the time spent outside will be added as he is living in Canada "as far as they fill the tax income and pay the taxes according to Canada laws". Is this true?
1. Extremely unlikely.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
I was so fe
I have heard "rumors" that PR card holders will be allowed to work abroad and the time spent outside will be added as he is living in Canada "as far as they fill the tax income and pay the taxes according to Canada laws". Is this true?
No.. Unless you are military or working for a Federal Canadian Company or the the spouse accompanying your husband/wife who works for military or federal govt abroad. But that rule exists in the current version of the law as well.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I was so fe

No.. Unless you are military or working for a Federal Canadian Company or the the spouse accompanying your husband/wife who works for military or federal govt abroad. But that rule exists in the current version of the law as well.
Yes I am aware of these groups. I had a tough argument before a while with a friend who insisted that this will happen in July, 2017. One of these people who claim to have secret people in the government. He said it is for money same as marijuana.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
* You No.3 item: Liberals are supporting maximum age bracket of 54 to facilitate seniors then how could be bad
I viewed it as bad news because it would bring longer useless debate and potentially delay the bill.
From the voting records of third reading in the Senate, more senators disagreed lowering the age bracket and hence such an amendment passed. Although the Senate less-likely insists the amendments, it will certainly raises lots of debates and wastes time.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I viewed it as bad news because it would bring longer useless debate and potentially delay the bill.
From the voting records of third reading in the Senate, more senators disagreed lowering the age bracket and hence such an amendment passed. Although the Senate less-likely insists the amendments, it will certainly raises lots of debates and wastes time.
Thanks sansnom appreciaate!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I was so fe

Actually, as long as a PR is accompanying a spouse abroad working in any profession, his or her time abroad counts as time spent in Canada for the purposes of maintaining PR residency in Canada requirements. This is different however than the citizenship requirements which require that one actually be physically present in Canada. Hope this helps!

C.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
This type of rumor isn't even worth a brain cell to process to know it's fake

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Less than 3 weeks left till Canada Day the Government vacation. Folks do you think it's still realistic to see C-6 approved by July 1st?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Actually, as long as a PR is accompanying a spouse abroad working in any profession, his or her time abroad counts as time spent in Canada for the purposes of maintaining PR residency in Canada requirements. This is different however than the citizenship requirements which require that one actually be physically present in Canada. Hope this helps!

C.
The worst part of bill C-24 was that it is easier to lose your citizenship than your PR status. The intent to reside and the terrorist clauses really weakened Canadian citizenship. According to CIC:
Losing your permanent resident status
You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process.

You can lose your permanent resident status if:
  • an adjudicator determines you are no longer a permanent resident after an inquiry or PRTD appeal;
  • you voluntarily renounce your permanent resident status;
  • a removal order is made against you and comes into force; or
  • you become a Canadian citizen.
Even if you don't meet the residency obligation, you are still a PR until an official decision is made on your status.