09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Many of us who landed in 2013 would have been able to apply for citizenship in 2016 (including me) but we were caught in Harper's changes and now we had to wait a year longer to apply, which would be this year (including me, again). People who landed in 2014, would have to wait until 2018, but with this change, they would be allowed to apply anytime.once implemented, which will create a huge backlog because perhaps twice as many will apply during the same period. So, since I can apply in November 2017, I am facing the possibility of twice the backlog if this bill is implemented. Shitty for me once, shitty for me twice.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Canada 1

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
Med's Request
04-25-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-29-2013
Many of us who landed in 2013 would have been able to apply for citizenship in 2016 (including me) but we were caught in Harper's changes and now we had to wait a year longer to apply, which would be this year (including me, again). People who landed in 2014, would have to wait until 2018, but with this change, they would be allowed to apply anytime.once implemented, which will create a huge backlog because perhaps twice as many will apply during the same period. So, since I can apply in November 2017, I am facing the possibility of twice the backlog if this bill is implemented. Shitty for me once, shitty for me twice.
Here is a good note, at least we can apply for Citizenship this year . I also landed in 2013, Happy Friday everyone !!!!!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Is anyone else appreciating the irony that
- People ask Senator Jaffer on Twitter if she thinks the bill will pass by summer
- Senator Jaffer then gives her assessment of the situation, to the best of her knowledge
- People then complain that Senator Jaffer gives not 100% reliable information.

You either get "educated estimations" on how long this bill will take or no information at all. Not at single human on this earth can say for sure that this bill will or will not pass before the summer.

So you shouldn't complain if Senator Jaffer gives her own "educated guess" when you ask her. I mean what do you expect her to say when you ask her? Nothing?

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Is anyone else appreciating the irony that
- People ask Senator Jaffer on Twitter if she thinks the bill will pass by summer
- Senator Jaffer then gives her assessment of the situation, to the best of her knowledge
- People then complain that Senator Jaffer gives not 100% reliable information.

You either get "educated estimations" on how long this bill will take or no information at all. Not at single human on this earth can say for sure that this bill will or will not pass before the summer.

So you shouldn't complain if Senator Jaffer gives her own "educated guess" when you ask her. I mean what do you expect her to say when you ask her? Nothing?
God spyfy, she is senator, we accept her to be more reliable. A month back you were the one who was saying not to belive her everything she said.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Not at single human on this earth can say for sure that this bill will or will not pass before the summer.
We simply must, both individually and as a group, stop stop stop micromanaging the bill's progress. It will ascend when it ascends (or not). Nothing we can discuss, rant or watch will change that. Write a note to our respective MPs and then just crack open a Molsen and wait patiently for the outcome. I am as anxious as anyone on this thread to see this happen and need to remind myself of this. Fretting about this is not helping.

Reactions: Marooned2

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
As it looks I am/will be affected twice:
1. by C-24 prolonged residence requirements
2. by C-6 induced flood of applications causing processing delays

Sadly, but few months from now, I would be looking forward that 3/5 clause come into force sometime in 2Q/2018.

Have a nice weekend.
That's why you should not schedule anything around your citizenship date. Just live your life regardless of these shenanigans. I'm enjoying Canada as a PR, its beautiful, people are great, and I'm very grateful with the job I already have.

Its good to follow the news, but don't let a piece of document torment you.

Reactions: lilen

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
That's why you should not schedule anything around your citizenship date. Just live your life regardless of these shenanigans. I'm enjoying Canada as a PR, its beautiful, people are great, and I'm very grateful with the job I already have.

Its good to follow the news, but don't let a piece of document torment you.
Unfortunately it is not the same way for some of us.
I have been in Canada for 10years, dad passed away 2years ago.. mum is getting sicker back home, I need to take care of her back home but just can't because I m stuck here...

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
God spyfy, she is senator, we accept her to be more reliable. A month back you were the one who was saying not to belive her everything she said.
Yup, and I stand by that: Don't trust anyone who claims to know when the bill passes. You should NOT believe everything she says. But there is a difference between calling someones predictions unreliable (that's what I did) and blaming for someone making unreliable statements/calling her a liar (which is what I was referring to in my last post).

And if you say "she is a senator, we accept her to be more reliable", that's not a valid point. No one, not even a Senator can give you 100% information on this bill. There is too many unknowns. Actually replace "not even a Senator" with "particularly not a Senator", because Senators are not as well-connected with the government as MPs are.

I've said this over and over again: You either get predictions that are only so and so likely to become true or no predictions at all.

We simply must, both individually and as a group, stop stop stop micromanaging the bill's progress.
Amen to that. To be honest, I myself wonder why I come to this forum everyday. It is actually pointless.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Yup, and I stand by that: Don't trust anyone who claims to know when the bill passes. You should NOT believe everything she says. But there is a difference between calling someones predictions unreliable (that's what I did) and blaming for someone making unreliable statements/calling her a liar (which is what I was referring to in my last post).

And if you say "she is a senator, we accept her to be more reliable", that's not a valid point. No one, not even a Senator can give you 100% information on this bill. There is too many unknowns. Actually replace "not even a Senator" with "particularly not a Senator", because Senators are not as well-connected with the government as MPs are.

I've said this over and over again: You either get predictions that are only so and so likely to become true or no predictions at all.

Amen to that. To be honest, I myself wonder why I come to this forum everyday. It is actually pointless.
''liar'' that's just emotion talking, I acutely admire all of her hard work, to push forward C6!

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
''liar'' that's just emotion talking, I acutely admire all of her hard work, to push forward C6!
Let's keep our combined eyes on the ball here, fellows. Senator Jaffer and her office/team put in an extraordinary amount of effort on our behalves in order to advance C-6's progress in the Senate after it had become quite apparent to everyone that Senator Omidvar had absolutely no idea what she was doing. Senator Jaffer does not therefore, in my opinion, deserve even an iota of vitriol from our camp; as for Senator Omidvar, there'd be absolutely no point in even talking to her or to her patently amateurish and inadequate office/team, who had to be led by the nose in the end by Senator Harder and his team in an acutely embarrassing (for the Government) face-saving exercise in order to get the Bill advanced in the Senate against a determined Opposition. Omidvar was clearly way out of her depth and has ended up looking quite pathetic. Let us therefore do absolutely nothing to dissuade Senator Jaffer from being as much on our side as she has been to date, given that C-6 may well end up back in the Senate chamber in the coming weeks.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Ah yes, get that dope legislation moving forward.......priorities. Whether C-6 ever passes or not it will NEVER be studied in future university courses as a model for passing legislation. Two years, friends. I am quickly moving into the "doesn't matter anymore" category for citizenship because of my dates. Thanks for nothing, Justin.
The dope legislation is advancing quickly presumably because there will be thousands and thousands of dope-smoking Canadians actively contacting their MPs' and Senators' offices to push for its rapid consideration. As previous posters on here have remarked, the offices of MPs and Senators do actually keep tallies of how many phone calls and e-mails they receive concerning each of the different Bills presently before Parliament, so as to be able to relay to their Member/Senator which matters are apparently most on the minds of Canadians. So it is not a waste of time for us to be phoning and e-mailing MPs and Senators concerning C-6. For the record, I'm absolutely against legalizing marijuana.