Bill C-6: Senate stage

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
One tweet of some NDP MP and the whole forum freaks out, lol :)

Faites vos jeux...
One week till it becomes law, no two weeks, no before July, no by Christmas, no in two years!
The highest bidder wins!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
lets be realistic, is 1 month before summer break, is absolutely no time, for this bill to become a law, before summer break.
spyfy, was right about sen. Jaffer, we cant trust her.
I'm a pragmatic but since we're all speculating, it's not impossible for the bill to become law by July 1. Other amended bills have become law in a matter of days within the past 5 years. If it happens, it happens. The sky is not falling.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So on what basis do you think they decided to consider Senate amendments for C-4 and C-7 on May 5 and 12 before C-6? Just because they were more important than C-6 or simply because they arrived before?!
Obviously I can only speculate on this question, but a reasonable explanation is this: Bill C-7 was actually sent back from the Senate to the HoC in June 2016 (the year is not a typo!). It was related to Labour legislation. Bill C-4 is also a bill regarding Labour legislation which was sent back to the HoC in May 2017. I don't know about the details of these bills but I think they are in fact related. So once C-4 also cleared the Senate and was back in the House, they debated C-4 and C-7 back to back. One of these bills, mind you, has been back in the House for a full year! At that point, C-6 was only back in the house for two days.

Plus, there was a court ruling that affects C-6 amendments coming up two weeks later, another reason not to be to hasty with C-6.

All this is speculation, but since you asked me what I think, that's the most reasonable explanation I could find.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I'm a pragmatic but since we're all speculating, it's not impossible for the bill to become law by July 1. Other amended bills have become law in a matter of days within the past 5 years. If it happens, it happens. The sky is not falling.
I don't know about other, but for me its a problem. I been I Canada since 2008, I am stateless ( 9 years),which mean I have never been outside of Canada since 2008, and I study aviation (I cost me 75,000 CDN), I cant find a job in my field here, lack of experience, (for now I am working in resturant) but I did have many offer overseas.
I was affected 2 years by bill C24, so if C6 if doesn't become a law before summer break I don't think it will become a law before November, which means I going to be affected by C6 as well.

cloud365

May 3, 2017
Evryone in this forum should stay calm. Liberal is planning to celebrate bill c6 with Canada150 anniversary. Nothing could change the bill again than to becomes law on the July 1.

Wait and see :)

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Evryone in this forum should stay calm. Liberal is planning to celebrate bill c6 with Canada150 anniversary. Nothing could change the bill again than to becomes law on the July 1.

Wait and see :)
Riiiiight.
Except that the truth is, the Liberals have no idea what they're doing.
They are not planning such a thing. You are wearing rose sunglasses buddy.
I respect your opinion but this is my opinion also.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I don't know about other, but for me its a problem. I been I Canada since 2008, I am stateless ( 9 years),which mean I have never been outside of Canada since 2008, and I study aviation (I cost me 75,000 CDN), I cant find a job in my field here, lack of experience, (for now I am working in resturant) but I did have many offer overseas.
I was affected 2 years by bill C24, so if C6 if doesn't become a law before summer break I don't think it will become a law before November, which means I going to be affected by C6 as well.
I empathize with you. We can only hope for the best.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Who made up this legend that Canada Day is in any way relevant to this bill?!

I mean I'm not saying that this bill won't pass before the summer break, but it'll pass because they want to get it done and not because of some "Canada Day Narrative" that someone in this forum made up and is referenced by people again and again.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Who made up this legend that Canada Day is in any way relevant to this bill?!

I mean I'm not saying that this bill won't pass before the summer break, but it'll pass because they want to get it done and not because of some "Canada Day Narrative" that someone in this forum made up and is referenced by people again and again.
I believe that the whole Canada Day significance was actually first specifically alluded to in 2016 by Minister McCallum himself. But of course he was referring to Canada Day 2016, hehe.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
There is no C-6 debate next week probably because Minister A. Hussein is visiting Egypt, so he'll be away from the HoC.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
I believe that the whole Canada Day significance was actually first specifically alluded to in 2016 by Minister McCallum himself. But of course he was referring to Canada Day 2016, hehe.
Yeah. They aimed at Canada Day 2016. We know how that went...
Like I said, they have NO IDEA of what they're doing...