+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
quasar81 said:
Delusionals.

My MP listens and their staff pass on messages. I have personally got call from MP once on an issue. I have been called back by staff with updates multiple times.

Too bad you got your 3rd world MP still.
I totally agree and did that last week. Pressure really works as did in the senate.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
quasar81 said:
Delusionals.

My MP listens and their staff pass on messages. I have personally got call from MP once on an issue. I have been called back by staff with updates multiple times.

Too bad you got your 3rd world MP still.
You can get emails or calls back. That's true! That's their (assistants) job to be polite and to reply to you from time to time.
But let's do it this way... if you don't mind, I'd ask you to keep us updated on the results of your calls/email to MPs. If you provide evidences you really effect the process or the replies are something more than just courtesy calls, I'll change my mind and will start calling as well.

P.S. Sorry, don't agree with your comment re 3rd world MP ;-)

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I dont get why you guys think it will get approved in a day or two. I have said it before and I will say it again, IT WILL TAKE THE ENTIRETY OF MAY for them to come to agreement and that is if we are lucky.

The procedure for appeal approved by the senate is very long and it makes sense that they will try to streamline it.
I dont think anyone cares for the age increase to 60 from 55 and it was not backed by any data, only anecdotes.
Allowing a minor to apply might also be modified.

You guys should not worry if they are rejecting/modifying amendments. The main thing is they are working on it which is much better than it sitting in limbo in their backlog.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
_MK_ said:
I dont get why you guys think it will get approved in a day or two. I have said it before and I will say it again, IT WILL TAKE THE ENTIRETY OF MAY for them to come to agreement and that is if we are lucky.

The procedure for appeal approved by the senate is very long and it makes sense that they will try to streamline it.
I dont think anyone cares for the age increase to 60 from 55 and it was not backed by any data, only anecdotes.
Allowing a minor to apply might also be modified.

You guys should not worry if they are rejecting/modifying amendments. The main thing is they are working on it which is much better than it sitting in limbo in their backlog.
Didn't C-14 pass after just 2 days of messages between the HoC and Senate?

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
_MK_ said:
Hemmm... Yes and no...
From my point of view, I think it might that longer than we expect, maybe the entire month of May like you say.

BUT, they don't need to come to an "agreement", the HoC just needs to come to a decision about which amendments (if any at all) they accept and then the Senate will just almost automatically accept their decision. Like mentioned by many people (including Senators), it is extremely rare not to accept the HoC's final decision and send back a message to HoC "insisting" on amendments.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
MarceauBletard said:
Hemmm... Yes and no...
From my point of view, I think it might that longer than we expect, maybe the entire month of May like you say.

BUT, they don't need to come to an "agreement", the HoC just needs to come to a decision about which amendments (if any at all) they accept and then the Senate will just almost automatically accept their decision. Like mentioned by many people (including Senators), it is extremely rare not to accept the HoC's final decision and send back a message to HoC "insisting" on amendments.
Exactly. Either ways there will be some amount of ping pong. This thread is full of people who just despair and complain all the time. Be happy this is happening in one form or another!

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Varangian said:
You can get emails or calls back. That's true! That's their (assistants) job to be polite and to reply to you from time to time.
But let's do it this way... if you don't mind, I'd ask you to keep us updated on the results of your calls/email to MPs. If you provide evidences you really effect the process or the replies are something more than just courtesy calls, I'll change my mind and will start calling as well.

P.S. Sorry, don't agree with your comment re 3rd world MP ;-)

Why did you think the bill get quickly passed in the senate? We worked hard on both twitter and emailing the senators. Probably you did not know this, but it is because of US. Whether you believe it or not, this is your opinion. You can waste your time writing in here, but do not discourage people from contacting their MPs.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
robw said:
Didn't C-14 pass after just 2 days of messages between the HoC and Senate?
Yes, but it they were rushed by the Supreme Court to pass that law.