+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
SufferInCan said:
There are no residency requirements changes yet tabled in the senate
Because cons in the senate are giving us a Chinese water torture. Drop by drop, amendment by amendment.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Yes but you are actually guessing something that nobody has ever talked about it.
Do you have any sort of proof?

sistemc said:
Because cons in the senate are giving us a Chinese water torture. Drop by drop, amendment by amendment.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
sistemc said:
The torture started with the Chinese Senator origin Oh. I liked someone's reply on twitter saying why didn't he propose the minors amendment in 2014? weren't there minors at that time? These senators are playing games and have no real care about immigrants nor future citizens.

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Word coming out if IRCC is Sen. Omdivar and Sen. Harder have been summoned to a high-level briefing tomorrow morning to explain, how, exactly, they plan to fix this mess they've created. Further updates to follow, folks.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee1981 said:
Word coming out if IRCC is Sen. Omdivar and Sen. Harder have been summoned to a high-level briefing tomorrow morning to explain, how, exactly, they plan to fix this mess they've created. Further updates to follow, folks.
What are you talking about "the mess they have created?"

Also, do you understand that a division of the gov does not "summon" senators - senators "summon" depts.

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
jsm0085 said:
What are you talking about "the mess they have created?"

Also, do you understand that a division of the gov does not "summon" senators - senators "summon" depts.
Oooooh... Pardon me. They were "invited to a friendly discussion" about, how, exactly, they planned to shut down these amendments as the department has signalled they are unable to operationalize their pipe dreams, and that the language and child application amendments have been deemed "no go" territory

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee1981 said:
Oooooh... Pardon me. They were "invited to a friendly discussion" about, how, exactly, they planned to shut down these amendments as the department has signalled they are unable to operationalize their pipe dreams, and that the language and child application amendments have been deemed "no go" territory
What nonsense.

The HoC will decide if the amendments pass. If they pass it, IRCC will implement it. IRCC dont dictate legislation, they implement it operationally.

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
jsm0085 said:
What nonsense.

The HoC will decide if the amendments pass. If they pass it, IRCC will implement it. IRCC dont dictate legislation, they implement it operationally.
Why don't you tweet her and ask her if she's meeting tomorrow if you don't believe me. Y'all seem to be experts on that.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee1981 said:
Why don't you tweet her and ask her if she's meeting tomorrow if you don't believe me. Y'all seem to be experts on that.
Lol. Meeting maybe - but your above statements lack accuracy, that's my issue.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Coffee1981 said:
At last someone in the government seems to have realized that Senator Omvidar, Harder et al need a lecture on 'Political Maneuvers 01' and a lot of hand holding to get this bill through.

We should see good movement now. At least (I hope) they will come back with instructions to jump up at the first opportunity and move the senate to adopt (i.e. call for a vote on the) bill and deny any opportunites to the opposition to keep asking for adjournments / putting forward more amendments.

There is no reason to wait till May 03 for the vote either.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
jsm0085 said:
The departments often do have a lot of say in shaping the legislation - and ministers often pay a lot of attention to these views.

I agree, however, that the departmental views do not trump political imperatives. If they do, they are ignored.

In this case, they don't and the minister might well take them into account.

In any case, it seems there is now serious weight behind the bill and that should lead to significant movement.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Coffee1981 said:

B....S........

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain74 said:
At last someone in the government seems to have realized that Senator Omvidar, Harder et al need a lecture on 'Political Maneuvers 01' and a lot of hand holding to get this bill through.

We should see good movement now. At least (I hope) they will come back with instructions to jump up at the first opportunity and move the senate to adopt (i.e. call for a vote on the) bill and deny any opportunites to the opposition to keep asking for adjournments / putting forward more amendments.

There is no reason to wait till May 03 for the vote either.
There is - because debate needs to occur and more amendments need to be tabled, discussed and voted
On. We have a date for voting. It's moving.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request