Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Coffee1981 said:
As I said on Friday afternoon, IRCC senior management was briefed on Friday that C-6 will not be passed by the government with these amendments. The revocation amendment went against a Memorandum to Cabinet that had already been awarded funding, and they are completely opposed to the language issue. They have also been advised by the Department of Justice that the amendment RE: Children's application violates the law. It's going to be DOA when (if?) it makes it back to the HoC.
So people at IRCC are so stupid that they are discussing something that not happened yet??? It can be a question somebody asked but not briefing....

Ulysses

Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judging by the comments here, it seems that it is all but confirmed that C-6 (along with the residency requirement changes) is not going to pass this year. Is that right or am I missing something?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Ulysses said:
Judging by the comments here, it seems that it is all but confirmed that C-6 (along with the residency requirement changes) is not going to pass this year. Is that right or am I missing something?
Don't read into it too much. Everyone is just speculating here.

Most of us are just frustrated with the progress and have given up on this bill. Plan according to C-24. If C-6 passes, it's a bonus, else life goes on

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Ulysses said:
There are no residency requirements changes yet tabled in the senate

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Ulysses said:
I have a strong feeling C-6 will pass before the summer break. It is implemented as soon as it becomes law according to the minister. This is government bill and government does not take lightly their bills. Bill can't be delayed with no reason. Time comes when senators themselves get frustrated on their illogical debate.

Stay positive guys.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
septimius said:
Your question lacks knowledge in democratic institutions. An elected government is mandated by the people who elected it to carry out it's promises and policies. Any bill introduced by the government represents the will of the people.
With that logic, C24 also represented the "will of the people". Wow, Canadians are pretty fickle, eh? Also, how dare the Liberals try to change a law that represents the "will of the people"!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Whocares said:
Where have u read the poll showing this? both of you have no evidence nor stat.
Here you go. It's amazing what you can find when you take the time to Google something:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/18/bill-c-24-justin-trudeau-liberals-harper-poll_n_9499608.html

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
torontosm said:
With that logic, C24 also represented the "will of the people". Wow, Canadians are pretty fickle, eh? Also, how dare the Liberals try to change a law that represents the "will of the people"!
By your point no law should be repealed or changed, so no need of new governments/elections I.e. get a dictator Kim for Canada too.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:
By your point no law should be repealed or changed, so no need of new governments/elections I.e. get a dictator Kim for Canada too.
I was responding to someone who said that any bill tabled by any government represents the "will of the people" since the people elected the government. My response was that it's amazing how the peoples' will changes so frequently, even though the poll numbers show quite the opposite.

Governments are free to change laws; however, it is a fallacy to believe that they are doing it becuase their constituents want them to. The Liberals have hell-bent on overturning anything the Cons did, even if they have no real reason for doing so (as evidenced by the fact that the Immigration Minister didn't have any answers on either occasion when he asked why he wanted to reduce the time to citizenship or change the language requirements).

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Please note that the poll is more than one year old.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
It is survey done in March 2016. They did not do another survey since that time.

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
torontosm said:
The will of 15% of Canadian people ONLY, those who thinks Canada is belonging to them,immigrants are the main part of Canada's national identity, Canada will continue to bring large numbers of newcomers, Canada will never divide its people into two categories, Liberals are trying to make some people like you to understand this point !!!!