+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
captain74 said:
Please don't insult your three year old :) I am sure senators are worse!
True!

Today or tomorrow this bill will pass eventually. Conservatives employing delaying tactics implies they just ran out of any logical or strong argument against the bill.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
The good thing at least is that the session did not end at 5:30 so we can at least have a hope that there will be vote on ammendment

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain74 said:
Unless the liberals smarten up and get in their motion to vote asap after the next vote (and not allow cons to seek permission to speak again)
They cannot do this - currently we are in the 'debate period'. During this period any senator is allowed to speak to the matter in question (though I believe he or she can do it only once) . Libs cannot move a motion to 'vote' cause it would deprive other senators who want to speak (for any reason) of their rights. When a senator stand up - you cannot know whether he is going to speak or ask for an adjournment in his name.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
How long does this debate period last??
vasyok said:
They cannot do this - currently we are in the 'debate period'. During this period any senator is allowed to speak to the matter in question (though I believe he or she can do it only once) . Libs cannot move a motion to 'vote' cause it would deprive other senators who want to speak (for any reason) of their rights. When a senator stand up - you cannot know whether he is going to speak or ask for an adjournment in his name.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
vasyok said:
The can, and absolutely must, do this now if they are to move forward. Remember C24 from the Con times?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏Verified account @SenJaffer 39s39 seconds ago
More
Replying to @Sa3Sa33 @UshaPerera @SenHarder
SEN Neufeld wants to speak to the amendment but he is not ready today #senCA

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
@SenJaffer twitter account:

"SEN Neufeld wants to speak to the amendment but he is not ready today #senCA #C6

we are trying but the conservatives keep getting an adjournment #C6"

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
CANADIANZ said:
@SenJaffer twitter account:

"SEN Neufeld wants to speak to the amendment but he is not ready today #senCA #C6

we are trying but the conservatives keep getting an adjournment #C6"
Sen neufeld should go home and bend over. A$$hat really

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer
Replying to @mushir_sayed

"There will be a vote. Just takes time"

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain74 said:
The can, and absolutely must, do this now if they are to move forward. Remember C24 from the Con times?
I'm afraid it's your wishful thinking, but we will see soon what libs can and especially want to do. Yes, c-24 was aggressively moved through the senate, but (as far as I remembered) there was no strong opposition from the liberals at that time (i.e., libs did not try to stall the process), so we cannot really use c-24 as an example here.