+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

zsy54531

Nov 27, 2013
Inlandoct2014 said:
Thank you. But what does it mean MAYBE:

...the number of days during which the person was physically present in Canada before becoming a permanent resident may be taken into account;

Aren't they sure yet?
May be, not Maybe. Come on.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
With March break coming soon and then the Summer holiday and then the Christmas holiday, let's hope it gets passed within our lifetime.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
The only thing that is bothering is the fact that they have ,once again , 3 weeks of vacation in total from January 31st until march 30th. In April , they will only work 2 weeks . So , let's hope that it'll be done in an expeditious way otherwise... :-\

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
tyl92 said:
The only thing that is bothering is the fact that they have ,once again , 3 weeks of vacation in total from January 31st until march 30th. In April , they will only work 2 weeks . So , let's hope that it'll be done in an expeditious way otherwise... :-\
Do they do other work in those times? Or is an actual paid vacation where they could travel somewhere sunny and enjoy doing nothing!

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait and watch. This was all political promises from libertard party to get elected. Now that they are in office they don't care.
Richard11 said:
you super genius politician how did you figure out let us know!

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
research-scientist said:
Just wait and watch. This was all political promises from libertard party to get elected. Now that they are in office they don't care. Canada pretend that's a fair country but in reality it's one of the most racist country in the western world. All the politicians care is getting elected nothing else.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its based on the fact that it's been sitting in senate for the past few months and it's not on their agenda for the next month or so. Don't take it personal. I don't know why people take the debate and discussion on this forum personal. I suffered from this bill. It came into effect 1 month before I was eligible under the old rule 3/5. But I lost my faith in politicians to do good for the people.
MarceauBletard said:
I thought scientists were about facts, not speculation.
Plus, if you're always so negative, you will never want to research anything.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
research-scientist said:
Its based on the fact that it's been sitting in senate for the past few months and it's not on their agenda for the next month or so.
It is speculation. They don't really have an agenda, they don't even know what they're gonna talk about the next week, and you want them to plan months in advance? You obviously don't know how the Senate works. Make some "research."

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Schedule of committee meetings
http://www.parl.gc.ca/sencommitteebusiness/AllMeetings.aspx?parl=42&ses=1&Language=E&p=2

more and more meetings

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
monalisa said:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/sencommitteebusiness/AllMeetings.aspx?parl=42&ses=1&Language=E&p=2

more and more meetings
Soon they will set the meeting date for C6 too; patience is the keyword here.

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
marcher said:
Yes, let's not forget C-6 was only sent to the committee on the last day of the previous Senate session before the holidays. Of course the rest of the meetings scheduled are for the topics which came before that, so let's wait and watch!

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
monalisa said:
more and more meetings
marcher said:
Exactly what I was trying to tell our scientist...