+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
I think the language requirement is reasonable - and for retired parents/grandparents, it really doesn't make a difference since they won't be physically fit enough to travel that much, so either staying as PR or becoming citizen wouldn't really have much impact on them
That's a very generalizing statement. And Canadian citizenship is not all about traveling with a Canadian passport...

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
marcher said:
In the case of C-24, it was voted for in one sitting and passed on for Third Reading and then Royal Assent. Other bills have been in the committee for a couple of sittings (about 3 average). With C-6, everything could happen, difficult to set a time frame.
C-4 had a one committee session because it went through a few pre-study by the same senate committee. Additionally, it was Harper's command -- Weird --

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
admontreal said:
The won't compromise on the Terrorist clause. It's either you treat all the citizens the same way or you don't. You can come up with all the definitions you want, this will never be enough. The Minister said he is open on amendements to add items to the bill, not to remove items. Especially not that one. As per the language requirement, it will go back to the old one. I don't see the point of subjecting kids between 14 to 18 to a language requirement. They need to be welcomed, not tested over and over.
Children between 14 and 18 who have been living in Canada for at least three years should not have language issues. I saw last time on the news that children of Syrian refugees who did not speak a word of English nor French, are already communicating in both a year later. Meanwhile, their parents are still struggling to learn one language.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
admontreal said:
That's a very generalizing statement. And Canadian citizenship is not all about traveling with a Canadian passport...
Of course not all about traveling. But if you don't understand English well enough for job and for casting a well-informed vote, what's the point to have citizenship instead of PR? The benefits are pretty much the same when you take out the factor of traveling, voting, and jobs

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
itsmyid said:
Of course not all about traveling. But if you don't understand English well enough for job and for casting a well-informed vote, what's the point to have citizenship instead of PR? The benefits are pretty much the same when you take out the factor of traveling, voting, and jobs
I am hoping I travel more after I retire :)

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
itsmyid said:
then you would likely have already met the language requirement before you retire from your current work...
Yes I was kidding because you said retired people don't travel that much. If anything, they would have more time and disposable income to do so than the rest of us.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
marcher said:
Yes I was kidding because you said retired people don't travel that much. If anything, they would have more time and disposable income to do so than the rest of us.
that would most likely be those who worked in Canada and had proven level of English proficiency
I am only talking about those elderly people living with their children and speaking little English
and the language requirement only applies to people under 63(?) anyway, they have plenty of time to get citizenship and travel without having to pass any English test

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
itsmyid said:
that would most likely be those who worked in Canada and had proven level of English proficiency
I am only talking about those elderly people living with their children and speaking little English
and the language requirement only applies to people under 63(?) anyway, they have plenty of time to get citizenship and travel without having to pass any English test
Oh I totally agree, I do not think the language clause should be in C-6 at all.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
spiritsoul said:
C-4 had a one committee session because it went through a few pre-study by the same senate committee. Additionally, it was Harper's command -- Weird --
you cant tell someone your wrong, even if he is wrong will keep fighting that he is write, same about c24

to be honest, cons senators weren't bad at all, they gave their point of view, they tried to do something good for canada but they found they done mistakes with c24, they didnt resist in senates, they were kind some how they just delayed it. it human being habits.

we are aggressive for 3/5 thats all :) take it easy guys, will be passed soon .

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
The Edmonton Sun echoed Senator Lang's words about revoking citizenship of terrorists :

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/12/15/get-tough-on-dual-national-terrorists-senator-urges

See how media focuses only on that specific clause when addressing C-6? No wonder why the vast public are supportive of C-24.

Amoon

Jul 5, 2013
the coexistence it's a beautiful meaning
for a nation from a different cultures and different languages and different colors ,
( it's called the Magical amalgam )
back in history they used to consider the coexistence between their people as a reason behind the Success which's
(the Magical amalgam ) that will make a great one Culture with amazing National feeling of that one great country with all the differences between languages and colors and backgrounds .
CANADA is a great Example for the sweet Magical amalgam of it's own Nation and Canada will be always great because we are great Canadians with honest National feelings inside all of us ..
it's true that my best friend is Italian and my next door good neighbors are Greeks and that lady with a great smile who works at the post office she's Irish , but how about if we all say that we are Canadians . we belongs here and all of us came over to build together even if the C-24 citizenship residency requirement is destroying the national feelings inside some of the immigrants who been living here since many years waiting and wants to be proud to say that they are truly Canadian Citizens and our country is one country with different Cultures , colors , Languages . and it's the Great Canada with wise Government who consider all their people as Canadians

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Amoon said:
the coexistence it's a beautiful meaning
for a nation from a different cultures and different languages and different colors ,
( it's called the Magical amalgam )
back in history they used to consider the coexistence between their people as a reason behind the Success which's
(the Magical amalgam ) that will make a great one Culture with amazing National feeling of that one great country with all the differences between languages and colors and backgrounds .
CANADA is a great Example for the sweet Magical amalgam of it's own Nation and Canada will be always great because we are great Canadians with honest National feelings inside all of us ..
it's true that my best friend is Italian and my next door good neighbors are Greeks and that lady with a great smile who works at the post office she's Irish , but how about if we all say that we are Canadians . we belongs here and all of us came over to build together even if the C-24 citizenship residency requirement is destroying the national feelings inside some of the immigrants who been living here since many years waiting and wants to be proud to say that they are truly Canadian Citizens and our country is one country with different Cultures , colors , Languages . and it's the Great Canada with wise Government who consider all their people as Canadians
It is a bit ironic that you are praising diversity yet the three different nationalities you list happen to be European ... that is what one calls selective diversity .. as long as they are white and Christian then they are welcome ???

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
marcher said:
It is a bit ironic that you are praising diversity yet the three different nationalities you list happen to be European ... that is what one calls selective diversity .. as long as they are white and Christian then they are welcome ???
I don't think he meant that... it just so happened that he works/lives with those people.