+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
Easy to spend money you don't HAVE.... My children will be paying off this debt... reckless, reckless spending. Look at where it's gotten the US with their spiralling debt. Good luck to all of us. And Alberta won't have another $200bn to pay over in equalization payments in the next 15 years...

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Second Readings:
Chamber Sitting: 56 2016-09-27
Chamber Sitting: 65 2016-10-25
Chamber Sitting: 66 2016-10-26
Chamber Sitting: 67 2016-10-27
Chamber Sitting: 76 2016-11-24
Chamber Sitting: 77 2016-11-28
Chamber Sitting: 85 2016-12-08

It's becoming ridiculous...
The Tories weren't kidding when they said they would be fighting this...

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
Second Readings:
Chamber Sitting: 56 2016-09-27
Chamber Sitting: 65 2016-10-25
Chamber Sitting: 66 2016-10-26
Chamber Sitting: 67 2016-10-27
Chamber Sitting: 76 2016-11-24
Chamber Sitting: 77 2016-11-28
Chamber Sitting: 85 2016-12-08

How is it looking for other laws ?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Guys please keep the personal attacks out of here or we will lose these threads. As far as I know this forum is the only one with a platform to discuss C-6; if we get these threads closed then we will miss out on a lot of helpful information. Thanks!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Interesting article by David Cohen, an immigration counsel and expert, about our situation:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-blog/2016/12/patience-wearing-thin-c6.html

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
MarceauBletard said:
But when bill c 24 was debated there was no opposition from the Liberals...it was only 16 days in Senate. They gave in without any fight

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
subha_1962 said:
But when bill c 24 was debated there was no opposition from the Liberals...it was only 16 days in Senate. They gave in without any fight
We are all adults and we make our own decisions, but I really do not understand why anyone with any grain of knowledge and common sense would ever vote for Liberals. Do not get me wrong, Justin Trudeau is a good man, probably too good to be a politician; but the party is nothing more than a group of non-trustworthy crooks that lie through their teeth every time they speak. Their history speaks for itself, major scandals and corruption is all Liberals accomplished over the years. If Mulcair did not stick to his party's ideology and beliefs and stand for niqab last election then he would be the PM now; but he stood for what he and his party believed in knowing it could cost them the election. Sadly politics do not reward the good ones. I know this is a bit out of topic, but we need to keep ourselves busy because Bill C-6 is on for a long long ride!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
We are all adults and we make our own decisions, but I really do not understand why anyone with any grain of knowledge and common sense would ever vote for Liberals. Do not get me wrong, Justin Trudeau is a good man, probably too good to be a politician; but the party is nothing more than a group of non-trustworthy crooks that lie through their teeth every time they speak. Their history speaks for itself, major scandals and corruption is all Liberals accomplished over the years. If Mulcair did not stick to his party's ideology and beliefs and stand for niqab last election then he would be the PM now; but he stood for what he and his party believed in knowing it could cost them the election. Sadly politics do not reward the good ones. I know this is a bit out of topic, but we need to keep ourselves busy because Bill C-6 is on for a long long ride!
I voted Liberal because NDP didn't have a strong team behind Tom Mulcair. It was the same team of amateurs that was elected in 2011 in Quebec (the province) with no clear plan. Even worse, they said they would balance the budget ... The NDP, the Left of the Left !
I don't like when parties take the power or victory for granted, and Justin Trudeau seemed to be the right fit for the job, and I still believe that.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
admontreal said:
I voted Liberal because NDP didn't have a strong team behind Tom Mulcair. It was the same team of amateurs that was elected in 2011 in Quebec (the province) with no clear plan. Even worse, they said they would balance the budget ... The NDP, the Left of the Left !
I don't like when parties take the power or victory for granted, and Justin Trudeau seemed to be the right fit for the job, and I still believe that.
You voted? Why are you on here then? Following C-6 just for fun? lol

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
As many of you know, Senator Frum gave a speech opposing Bill C-6 yesterday and basically made three point: 1) warned independent Senators to not get involved with C-6 because it is a Lib v Con battle; 2)reminded everyone how terrorists do not deserve keeping their citizenship; and 3) addressed how language requirements of C-24 are reasonable for integration in Canadian society. Nothing really new besides the semi-threat she shot at independent Senators; I wonder if they will react. The bill was adjourned by Conservative Senator Lang. Here is a brief summary of Senator Lang for anyone interested (this is from his website http://danlang.ca/ :

The Honourable Daniel Lang has made the Yukon his home for more than 50 years. Born in 1948 in Dawson Creek, BC, he moved with his family to Whitehorse where he completed high school, and later attended the University of Alaska at Fairbanks.

First elected to the Yukon Assembly in 1974, Senator Lang served 5 consecutive terms, retiring from the legislature in 1992. Over the course of his 18 years in elected office he was responsible for numerous Ministerial portfolios and later served in the opposition. Since 1992, Senator Lang has worked as a Sales Associate in the Yukon Real Estate industry. Active in community affairs, he is the former Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors for Yukon College. He was appointed to the Senate by Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2009.

Senator Lang has four children and eight grandchildren. He presently lives in Whitehorse with his wife Valerie Hodgson, a local artist.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
You voted? Why are you on here then? Following C-6 just for fun? lol
I also voted for liberals and also donated to liberals and plan to do so in the future. My main concern with bill c24 is the two class citizenship similar to "animal farm" by George Orwell. And also my main motivation to follow bill c6. I am a true believer of aciaciac.
My second motivation is my wife waiting in the line for citizenship.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
"I also know you have been sent here to dispatch your duties in a non-partisan fashion, and so it seems apropos to be discussing Bill C-6 so early upon your arrival here, for if there was ever a bill that existed purely for partisan purposes, it is this one, which is why I must urge you, as you consider your own positions on Bill C-6, to apply independence of mind towards this bill's ill-conceived measures"

I perceive this above para of Linda Frum's speech as not really as a threat but as a way of trying to get some IND senators to vote against C6 by pricking their conscience on security issues on the voting day as the CONS would be knowing that majority of IND's would be voting for it and they (the CONS) have lost the majority in the senate they enjoyed.