+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

1986rich

Dec 12, 2014
People, calm down a bit. When bills like C6 get passed, there is a lot that happens behind the scenes. Proper implementation is better than a faster and broken one. Putting your frustrations down on this forum helps no one and fans your impatience. Let the government do its thing. Until then, start preparing your documents. A few months down the line, this will all seem distant. So calm down, relax and take it one day at a time. Don't get tensed about things that are not in your control.

:)
That is right. I am eligible with this new law next year of January but I am not sad because we don't need to wait for a year just to implement the rules. As what "mazamilam" said "calm down". Guys remember we are waiting for so long for this bill to become a law and now it is actually a 'Law" so we better happy and celebrate. Guys remember we are bless....

Reactions: lilen

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Changing forms for IRCC is not a big deal, they would be updating some forms in couple of days, as some requirements are no longer applicable starting June 19 ( intend to reside etc..)

UVIR

Jun 14, 2017
Tweet the minister. Yes it should be a Canada Day gift. We will sure be grateful for him and for Canada if he did it
I am becoming eligible on Canada day. But I am happy that 3 months wait is not that long. Meanwhile we all should be just living! :)

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Changing forms for IRCC is not a big deal, they would be updating some forms in couple of days, as some requirements are no longer applicable starting June 19 ( intend to reside etc..)
No of course it is not a big deal, and that raises a question of why do Liberals enforce more delay to implement a couple of very simple clauses?

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Can someone please eblaborate what does this clause means are they related to the physical presence in Canada:-

Bill-C24 The requirement for applicants to maintain the requirements for citizenship from the time they apply for citizenship until taking the Oath of Citizenship only applied to applications received on or after June 11, 2015.

Now--This requirement now also applies to all applications, including those received before June 11, 2015.

Thank you.

prash16

Jun 19, 2017
if someone can suggest me ? I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship application by 4/6 rule in 15 days from now ? Do I need to wait for Fall 2017 ? Suggestions welcomed

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a question in general for everyone and in particular for spyfy. One of the changes implemented today is:

Bill C-24
The requirement for applicants to maintain the requirements for citizenship from the time they apply for citizenship until taking the Oath of Citizenship only applied to applications received on or after June 11, 2015.
Bill C-6
This requirement now also applies to all applications, including those received before June 11, 2015.

Can you clarify the requirements of citizenship which are to be maintained during the above mentioned period? If you combined this clause with the intent to reside clause

Bill C-24
Applicants were required to intend to continue to live in Canada if granted citizenship.
Bill C-6
This provision is repealed. Applicants are no longer required to intend to continue to live in Canada once granted citizenship. This provides more flexibility to Canadians who may need to live outside of Canada for work or personal reasons.

Does this mean that the applicant will have to stay in Canada during the complete application processing time?

Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/06/bill_c-6_receivesroyalassent0.html

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Any compensations for the people who had to apply under C-24 between 2015 and 2017 and still waiting for outcome? These are the most unfortunate people in the history of Canada citizenship.

Reactions: hangincanada

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Any compensations for the people who had to apply under C-24 between 2015 and 2017 and still waiting for outcome? These are the most unfortunate people in the history of Canada citizenship.
Let's not overdramatizing this ... in the history of citizenship ... there are plenty of people who were screwed much worse than you and me

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
most us who is effected by c24 now are getting screw by c6.
I think minister shall add up on royal asset pre-pr time count
Easy Guys, eligible in Jan 2016 as per old rules, new rules jan 2018 plus absence from canada so Apr 2018. Now its closer. One journey done other begins. Thank the stars that C24 was scrapped, else we had tons of clauses plus RQ etc. So chill. Relax and enjoy. Yes many of are in Toronto, including me. But enjoy and wait form the forms to be upgraded. Get docs ready.

Reactions: lilen

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Easy Guys, eligible in Jan 2016 as per old rules, new rules jan 2018 plus absence from canada so Apr 2018. Now its closer. One journey done other begins. Thank the stars that C24 was scrapped, else we had tons of clauses plus RQ etc. So chill. Relax and enjoy. Yes many of are in Toronto, including me. But enjoy and wait form the forms to be upgraded. Get docs ready.
Same here I was effect by C24 for 2-3 months, under C24 I am eligible on November 2017, so now because of the flood that C6 is gonna cause I don't know when I get this dam citizenship