+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
No body knows that for sure, at-least for now.

But I think that most probably it will on or before July 1st 2017 i.e. Canada 150 Happy Day!

That will make most sense 'politically' for liberals. (my opinion)
Thanks, so seems like Royal Assent on Monday, and I know that no one knows currently, but does anyone has contacts who might have some indication a to when the 3 / 5 will come on board, I know what ever will be purely speculation for now. That is why I am not asking this question in the other forum

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Guys Since we all know that the bill has passed and we all will soon be applying for Citizenship, one question which scares me is this RQ thing, i have read at many places about this RQ and found out that those who get RQ, their application processing time goes till 3 years, can anyone shed any light on this, how to avoid RQ , any expert?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks, so seems like Royal Assent on Monday, and I know that no one knows currently, but does anyone has contacts who might have some indication a to when the 3 / 5 will come on board, I know what ever will be purely speculation for now. That is why I am not asking this question in the other forum
I am sure the government is aware that the faster they apply the 3/5 rule the less the backlogs will be. Let's just hope it will coke into force within 3 months.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
No one knows. Of course, speculate away if you want, but note that people who claimed to have contacts/speculated in the past claimed that:
- The minister said that C-6 will never become law
- The bill will be intentionally pushed to the election
- Due to the amendments the bill will fail
- The Conservatives will delay the bill until the fall

All these things, which we now know aren't even remotely true were claimed to be reported from contacts in Ottawa.

Sorry maybe I shouldn't be a party pooper. :) If you want to speculate, have fun!

Reactions: abhinavsharma

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Guys Since we all know that the bill has passed and we all will soon be applying for Citizenship, one question which scares me is this RQ thing, i have read at many places about this RQ and found out that those who get RQ, their application processing time goes till 3 years, can anyone shed any light on this, how to avoid RQ , any expert?
@spyfy do you have any idea about this?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy do you have any idea about this?
Most importantly: Don't apply on the first day you are eligible. Give some buffer. The smaller the buffer, the more they will scrutinize you.

There are many other reasons for RQs, but I think there are other people in this forum, particularly those that went through it, that know more about it. There's a lot of threads about that.

Reactions: rezafc

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
It's very simple. If you calculate your days right and provide them with all the necessary information, you can avoid RQ. Stop freaking out on something that has not happened to you yet!

On the other hand leave some proper time before you apply. Meaning if you need 1000 days, make it 1030 days and then apply. This will guarantee you a smooth process. Put yourself in the officer's shoe! Why would you make them calculate your days precisely when they can see you are way over your residency days. Rule of thumb; if they end up calculating your last days with their 10 fingers, you are pushing them into the corner.

Leave some buffer time for them.

Dec 14, 2014
Can someone explain me what was impact of this one..
The "intend to reside" is not a requirement for citizenship anymore. This applies even to people who already applied for or received citizenship in the past. So even if you applied while C-24 was in effect, the intend of reside is deemed to never have a applied to you

I'm working in USA, across the border and travel everyday.. Does that mean I wont be asked too many questions about why I haven't moved to Canada yet?

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
No one knows. Of course, speculate away if you want, but note that people who claimed to have contacts/speculated in the past claimed that:
- The minister said that C-6 will never become law
- The bill will be intentionally pushed to the election
- Due to the amendments the bill will fail
- The Conservatives will delay the bill until the fall

All these things, which we now know aren't even remotely true were claimed to be reported from contacts in Ottawa.

Sorry maybe I shouldn't be a party pooper. :) If you want to speculate, have fun!
Oh no Spyfy, I mentioned about not asking in the other forum because I respect the facts only situation that is why. Meant no disrespect. You are the best and thanks so much for keeping us informed. I know all those (trolls ) with contacts just were trolling. But this 3 / 5 is the one that is the foremost in our mind right now and I do hope that the Minister will give some indication soon

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It's very simple. If you calculate your days right and provide them with all the necessary information, you can avoid RQ. Stop freaking out on something that has not happened to you yet!

On the other hand leave some proper time before you apply. Meaning if you need 1000 days, make it 1030 days and then apply. This will guarantee you a smooth process. Put yourself in the officer's shoe! Why would you make them calculate your days precisely when they can see you are way over your residency days. Rule of thumb; if they end up calculating your last days with their 10 fingers, you are pushing them into the corner.

Leave some buffer time for them.
I want to support that "don't freak out" sentiment. Don't worry too much. Keep in mind, this forum is full of people with problems. No one creates a forum post "My application went smoothly and fast". IRCC processes hundreds of thousands of applications each year and many of them go very, very smoothly. You just never hear about them.

Reactions: rezafc

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Oh no Spyfy, I mentioned about not asking in the other forum because I respect the facts only situation that is why. Meant no disrespect. You are the best and thanks so much for keeping us informed. I know all those (trolls ) with contacts just were trolling. But this 3 / 5 is the one that is the foremost in our mind right now and I do hope that the Minister will give some indication soon
No, by all means, don't get me wrong. Why should I in any way feel disrespected. This isn't my forum after all. It's a free forum for everyone. I feel bad for killing the speculation spirit. I don't want you to tell what or what not to do. So if you want to have fun with some speculation, please do so.

Sorry again, I didn't mean to "police" you or anything. I just wanted to give a warning regarding people who claim to have "contacts".

Reactions: lilen

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Can someone explain me what was impact of this one..
The "intend to reside" is not a requirement for citizenship anymore. This applies even to people who already applied for or received citizenship in the past. So even if you applied while C-24 was in effect, the intend of reside is deemed to never have a applied to you

I'm working in USA, across the border and travel everyday.. Does that mean I wont be asked too many questions about why I haven't moved to Canada yet?
Nope! You will/can still be asked questions. The border officers can ask you questions anytime. After all you are entering/leaving a country.
But they can't strip you off of your citizenship if you don't live in Canada anymore. That is all "intend to reside" means.