spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
robw said:
What's really frustrating about this whole affair is that all these delays are happening when the liberals have a freaking majority in HoC. Tories passed faster laws in a minority government with a hostile opposition than this government is doing with full control of parliament. I really hope I get my citizenship before 2019 because I wouldn't be surprised if the conservatives steamroll them in the next election and god only knows what will happen to citizenship laws then.
Both C-4 and C-6 passed the HoC quick. They were stuck in the Senate which the government doesn't control.

And as pointed out, they only had like three HoC sittings since the Senate finished C-4, they can't just drop all other matters to deal with C-4. There are still other things that were already scheduled for the three HoC sessions since then.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone knows if how to check if there are any news ?
What i mean is since there's no indications on the order of paper for the HoC , how will we know that they worked on it ?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
tyl92 said:
Anyone knows if how to check if there are any news ?
What i mean is since there's no indications on the order of paper for the HoC , how will we know that they worked on it ?
Look at the post I linked above. It includes many links with info. Also, the people working for parliament are only human. Don't expect them to update the website within hours of decisions. :)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
spyfy said:
Look at the post I linked above. It includes many links with info. Also, the people working for parliament are only human. Don't expect them to update the website within hours of decisions. :)
Considering how long the bill took to pass the Senate, I set my expectations with couple months buffer.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Joshua1 said:
Considering how long the bill took to pass the Senate, I set my expectations with couple months buffer.
Very Wise! :)

robw

Mar 10, 2014
spyfy said:
Ehm, the House of Commons had a break in the second half of April just like the Senate. So the barely had a chance to discuss C-4 anyways.
phew...that's good to hear. I guess C-6 will have to wait its turn though, but that's a relief.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Well there's only been 3 sittings including today of the HoC since Bill C-4 was sent back. The good thing is that HoC sits 5 times a week and not 3 like Senate. We can just wait and see now but the government has to study the amendments and think about accepting or rejecting them.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Redfield said:
Well there's only been 3 sittings including today of the HoC since Bill C-4 was sent back. The good thing is that HoC sits 5 times a week and not 3 like Senate. We can just wait and see now but the government has to study the amendments and think about accepting or rejecting them.
I also expect that basically the government will make up its mind on this and then the HoC will only spend a single sitting on C-6 and either accept or refuse some of the amendments. There won't be a lengthy debate in the HoC.

So it's mostly a question WHEN this one single day will happen.

That's my view of the situation.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Yes anyway, it's unlikely that the measures will apply before July 1st, so that still gives us two months of waiting, better start scanning passeport pages y'all

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Very very happy to see C6 will become law soon and we all are waiting can apply

Question: do you think it will effect on Canada day 1 July 2017

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Hamid khan said:
Very very happy to see C6 will become law soon and we all are waiting can apply

Question: do you think it will effect on Canada day 1 July 2017
Yes they can, if people here push Minister via email and phone. But even after success of such efforts in senate, people here believe calling/emailing MPs and ministers annoy them.... wonderful.

I have sent email to Minister Hussein and PM Trudeau to implement long delayed C-6 ASAP.

Will call them as well. I have done my part of efforts.

More people call/email, faster it will implement.

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Bill C-24 received Royal Assent on 19th June 2014 however came into "effect" only in June of 2015, so let us not get our hopes high. I feel sad for the folks who lost a whole year because of the 4 year residency rule and for those whose 4 years are coming up now. It will be basically 2 years of applications at the same time and this will slow down the entire process!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Yes because the whole law passed Senate in 3 days so CIC had a lot of work needed before they could apply the law, they had to change the whole process of granting citizenship. In the case of C-6, CIC has already been preparing for the past year, also there are no major change in the process besides the 3/5 and pre-PR credit.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
quasar81 said:
Yes they can, if people here push Minister via email and phone. But even after success of such efforts in senate, people here believe calling/emailing MPs and ministers annoy them.... wonderful.

I have sent email to Minister Hussein and PM Trudeau to implement long delayed C-6 ASAP.

Will call them as well. I have done my part of efforts.

More people call/email, faster it will implement.
what is the email address

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Weltmeister said:
Bill C-24 received Royal Assent on 19th June 2014 however came into "effect" only in June of 2015, so let us not get our hopes high. I feel sad for the folks who lost a whole year because of the 4 year residency rule and for those whose 4 years are coming up now. It will be basically 2 years of applications at the same time and this will slow down the entire process!
How many times do you have to keep repeating your "2 years" theory? You sounded as confident as those who believed trump would never be elected