+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
spyfy said:
Yes and plants and animals also have a common denominator: They are both alive. That doesn't mean that they have the same status. You said that the statuses are "no different" and that is incorrect.
Lol, dude (just guessing, else dudette), you cracked me up with the denominator thing. Well deserved laugh after pages and pages of " I am the best, I have tons of time, I have read all, let's have a three or four tiered PR system". Draining....... Soon time for fairy tales of someone who was incarcerated etc etc, oh wait, its Frum today, hmmm don't know what's coming our way.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Confused in Montreal said:
Lol, dude (just guessing, else dudette), you cracked me up with the denominator thing. Well deserved laugh after pages and pages of " I am the best, I have tons of time, I have read all, let's have a three or four tiered PR system". Draining....... Soon time for fairy tales of someone who was incarcerated etc etc, oh wait, its Frum today, hmmm don't know what's coming our way.
Haha, it's a Frum kind of day isn't it? Lol. Dying.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014

Typical CON strategy of divide and rule.

Divide among those who came as PR and those who came students. Let them fight among themselves.

Reality, both above groups lost under C-24 by CONs...

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
spyfy said:
Haha, it's a Frum kind of day isn't it? Lol. Dying.
Man Linda Frum twitter handle is venomous against libs. Apparently JT didn't invite leaders of the three parties to Vimy 100 celebrations etc etc. Brace for impact!!! :(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
spyfy said:
Yes and plants and animals also have a common denominator: They are both alive. That doesn't mean that they have the same status. You said that the statuses are "no different" and that is incorrect.
Are you telling me that those who are in Canada on study visa, work visa or visitor visas are "NOT TEMPORARILY" in Canada? What is the different between those here on visas from PR or Canadians. Oh I know. Let me help you. PR and Canadian can stay in Canada PERMANENTLY whereas those on visas CANNOT. Hmmm, if visa holders cannot stay Permanently, logically that must mean they are here TEMPORARILY.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Confused in Montreal said:
Man Linda Frum twitter handle is venomous against libs. Apparently JT didn't invite leaders of the three parties to Vimy 100 celebrations etc etc. Brace for impact!!! :(
I was browsing the same a moment ago and was just about to mention that in here..... SHE IS FULL OF HATERED AGAINST LIBERALS !!!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
screech339 said:
Are you telling me that those who are in Canada on study visa, work visa or visitor visas are "NOT TEMPORARILY" in Canada? What is the different between those here on visas from PR or Canadians. Oh I know. Let me help you. PR and Canadian can stay in Canada PERMANENTLY whereas those on visas CANNOT. Hmmm, if visa holders cannot stay Permanently, logically that must mean they are here TEMPORARILY.
Give it up man! You have nothing to stand on. Don't be like Sean Spicer or the United airlines CEO.... You are losing more credibility with every new post.

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
:p Joshua you just said my mind. Screech339 should just bury his head in shame. Totally off point argument!!!!!

Joshua1 said:
Give it up man! You have nothing to stand on. Don't be like Sean Spicer or the United airlines CEO.... You are losing more credibility with every new post.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
screech339 said:
This is not an opinion, you are wrong, and people have tried to show you why you are wrong. But yeah, keep on digging.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
screech339 said:
(1) Visitors are in Canada temporarily. They are not temporary residents.
(2) People on study permits and work permits are in Canada might or might not be in Canada temporarily, only time will tell. At the same time they are temporary residents.

The difference is that a visitor has to show and declare intent that he will only come to Canada temporarily. A person on a study or work permit does not have to show or declare such intent. They only need to show that they will not overstay there visa and - if they want to stay longer - seek a new, longer legal status in time.

These are not my own words, that is the legal definition of "temporary resident". If you would bother to read the laws defining these terms you would find this definition. You are also making a false assumption of equivalence between "being in Canada temporarily" and "being a temporary resident". There are people to which both qualifiers apply, but, see item (1) and (2) above, they are not tantamount.

Let me repeat: Visitors are not temporary residents. People on study permits or work permits are temporary residents. The latter might be in Canada temporarily or they might turn out to stay in Canada permanently.

You claim that the status of visitors is "no different" from the status of people on work permits or study permits is incorrect. Assume that you are correct. Then the expression "no different" implies that there is no difference. As I deduced from the above legal definitions (see item (1) and (2)), there is a difference in status. This is a contradiction. Therefore the initial assumption that you are correct with saying that they are "no different" must be an incorrect assumption.

You are therefore wrong. QED.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
spyfy said:
(2) People on study permits and work permits are in Canada might or might not be in Canada temporarily, only time will tell. At the same time they are temporary residents.

The difference is that a visitor has to show and declare intent that he will only come to Canada temporarily. A person on a study or work permit does not have to show or declare such intent. They only need to show that they will not overstay there visa and - if they want to stay longer - seek a new, longer legal status in time.

These are not my own words, that is the legal definition of "temporary resident". If you would bother to read the laws defining these terms you would find this definition. You are also making a false assumption of equivalence between "being in Canada temporarily" and "being a temporary resident". There are people to which both qualifiers apply, but, see item (1) and (2) above, they are not tantamount.

Let me repeat: Visitors are not temporary residents. People on study permits or work permits are temporary residents. The latter might be in Canada temporarily or they might turn out to stay in Canada permanently.

You claim that the status of visitors is "no different" from the status of people on work permits or study permits is incorrect. Assume that you are correct. Then the expression "no different" implies that there is no difference. As I deduced from the above legal definitions (see item (1) and (2)), there is a difference in status. This is a contradiction. Therefore the initial assumption that you are correct with saying that they are "no different" must be an incorrect assumption.

Are you telling that my wife was not "temporary resident" as a visitor. She has gotten OHIP while awaiting PR sponsorship? I thought visitors are not entitled to provincial health plans since they are not "temporary resident". Your argument is flawed. Since my wife has "temporary resident" as a visitor, should you argue that my wife should have access to "pre-PR credit" since she is "temporary residents". If visitors in Canada are not temporary residing in Canada, what are they doing in Canada? Where are all they staying at? They all need a place to stay in Canada. It's called being a resident. Thus called "temporary residents", thus no different between all those who have visas.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
If you guys don't mind, could we please stop the debate on TR and PRs ?

Senate session 112 has begun. C6 discussion hasn't started yet.

Listen in
http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/

burnin

May 25, 2008
spyfy said:

You don't even need to go that far. Students can go to school while visitors can not. Workers can work and get OHIP while visitors can not. So there is at the basic level, differences between visitors and students/workers