+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
MarceauBletard said:
I just wanted to let you know it's "Tories", in case you read the news to understand them :) #CanadianEnglishEh
I watch Canadian news when I want relaxation and to feel sleepy before going to rest....and CNN when I want entertainment ;).

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
razerblade said:
Well assuming I'm a Canadian Citizen by next election, Liberals won't get my vote either. Everything seems to be getting worse. Thanks to McCallum, highly likely I won't even be able to sponsor my Parents for PR, this after 3 years of wait. And these C6 delays. I'll be completing 4 years as PR next year. Given C6 has been delayed so much, might as well just apply under the 4 year rule and avoid the potential huge influx of applications.

Will be completing 10 years in Canada this year :eek:
Yup. Same with me. I applied to sponsor my parents in the brand new lottery. I haven't gotten any reply.
I wonder how many have applied.
This new way of doing is ridiculous. It doesn't reduce delays at all, except for the very lucky ones. It increases delays by A LOT for not lucky ones.

AliceL

Mar 9, 2017
MarceauBletard said:
+1
Of course it's not a coincidence.
We know the liberals do this to get more votes because most immigrants will vote for them.
I mean, thank you Liberals, but in the end, they do it for political gain.
On this, the Tories are correct.

PS: The Canadian term for conservatives is "Tories" not "Cons"
And the Conservative party passed Bill C24 and are blocking bill C6 for the same reasons, so they're motivated by political gain as well. At least Bill C6 actually does some good to Canada by allowing immigrants to feel home and fully embrace their new country. Bill C24 is harmful for Canada because it alienates immigrants.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
asifmehmood said:
I don't think this is a credible reference to quote here in my opinion.
Well surely there is a consensus that TrudeauNeeds2Go needs to go?

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
hfinkel said:
Well surely there is a consensus that TrudeauNeeds2Go needs to go?
Sadly, there seems to be no credible alternative that can occupy the middle ground between liberal incompetence at the one end and conservative arrogance at the other.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
AliceL said:
And the Conservative party passed Bill C24 and are blocking bill C6 for the same reasons, so they're motivated by political gain as well. At least Bill C6 actually does some good to Canada by allowing immigrants to feel home and fully embrace their new country. Bill C24 is harmful for Canada because it alienates immigrants.
Yes, indeed. Every political party looks for political gain (votes) in order to achieve the rest of its agenda. It's not really breaking news.
A general way to look at their agenda is this:
The Liberals it's: More taxes, more spending, bigger government, more financial control/less financial freedom, more public services, more freedom for LGBT and drug addicts, more immigration (for more votes).
The Tories: Less taxes, less spending, smaller government, less financial control/more financial freedom, less public services, status quo for LGBT and drug addicts, less immigration (for more votes).
And, personally, I'm split between the 2. I'm pro-choice, pro-LGBT, pro-public healthcare, pro-legal immigration. But I'm also for less taxes, less spending (except for healthcare and elderly-care) and less government control. So I think a country is healthy when it has a good balance and the government change side a lot. Like Canada does :)

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Hi all - Just throwing a quick survey question out there.

I you are no eligible to apply for the citizenship. Would you wait or just send the application?

Let me know what you think

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Saga said:
Hi all - Just throwing a quick survey question out there.

I you are no eligible to apply for the citizenship. Would you wait or just send the application?

Let me know what you think
Wait for what?

Send it ofcourse once you're eligible, if C-6 later becomes a law you'll "automatically" benefit from stuff like "removal of intent to reside which introduced a 2nd class of canadians,..etc

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
itsmyid said:
I think by 'you are no eligible ' he meant 'you are now eligible '
Yes sorry I meant to saw if you are NOW eligible to apply for citizenship, would you apply or just wait for the outcome of C-6?

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
New update , good news
https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/840247165649850370

Closing a significant loophole in procedural fairness-Bill C6 amendment http://owl.li/7YcO309MK4l @SenElaineMcCoy #cdnimm #cdnpoli #SenCA

6hours back

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
What a process ....

they debated in senate ---cool .... than pass / refer the bill to a committee -- fine

Than all eyes were on committee which came after long long wait without any suggestion and bill came for 3rd reading.. than Senators realize oopps we can suggest few changes now..... What was stopping them to suggest any amendment before sending the bill to committee so committee can also review senate suggestions of changes..

It's not any political govt. fault it's person and system process fault....

Wait and watch bill will pass soon still.... It's just a show off that we do exist and we are working hard...

i was better sitting silent .......

Syed B.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
monalisa said:
New update , good news
https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/840247165649850370

Closing a significant loophole in procedural fairness-Bill C6 amendment http://owl.li/7YcO309MK4l @SenElaineMcCoy #cdnimm #cdnpoli #SenCA

6hours back
what's new? same amendment that has been talked about for the last 2 days