+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I guess probably most of those affected by C-24 will qualify for citizenship before C-6 fully comes into force...nevertheless if it passes, it will still bring lots of value to all.

Lets be patient and keep monitoring that bill :-[

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
The person who adjourned debate yesterday was Senator Day, Liberal. So he will resume on the 28th. On Wednesday Senator Omidvar said that Sen. Linda Frum who is the chief critic has told her that discussions will not be delayed. I hope so Even if they have 100 discussions, what I most hope is that they do not skip like they did for 2nd reading, because at some point all discussion topics should have to be exhausted.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
The below tweet from CONS I believe is why they are blocking C6 so much

Trudeau Needs 2 Go‏ @TrudeauNeeds2Go

Bill C-6 is going to fast-track immigration for all of these new pro #LPC #refugees from 4 yrs down to 3.
Coincidence? I think not. #2019

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
subha_1962 said:
The person who adjourned debate yesterday was Senator Day, Liberal. So he will resume on the 28th. On Wednesday Senator Omidvar said that Sen. Linda Frum who is the chief critic has told her that discussions will not be delayed. I hope so Even if they have 100 discussions, what I most hope is that they do not skip like they did for 2nd reading, because at some point all discussion topics should have to be exhausted.
Senator Day is Liberals leader in Senate, does this means there would be yey/ney voting in the next session or he will just elaborate govt. stance on the amendments?

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
subha_1962 said:

Bill C-6 is going to fast-track immigration for all of these new pro #LPC #refugees from 4 yrs down to 3.
I don't think this is a credible reference to quote here in my opinion.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
asifmehmood said:
I don't think this is a credible reference to quote here in my opinion.
exactly, that was just the tweet from some old-stock Canadian who's against immigration, not really affiliated with the conservative party

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
tyl92 said:
They have just done nothing so far.
I never expected such a long amendment, and the question of amending this bill c6 was raised a long time ago even the previous minister was aware of it during the HoC stage .
Why didn't they just amend it at the committee since this was so important if we refer to the length of the amendment ?
Stupidest way ever.
Im just going to stop following this bill, I feel stupid and they're messing around in their playground so I won't get into this trick anymore again
Because at the end this bill will end up passing as is just like in the HoC where Jenny Kwan's amendments were qualified Out of scope
+1

subha_1962 said:

Of course it's not a coincidence.
We know the liberals do this to get more votes because most immigrants will vote for them.
I mean, thank you Liberals, but in the end, they do it for political gain.
On this, the Tories are correct.

PS: The Canadian term for conservatives is "Tories" not "Cons"

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
This is a tweet by some CONS, so this follows their way of thinking and one reason for their resistance to bill..of course they cant say this is the reason...and they cant block indefinitely

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
don't worry bill will be pass this month and amend is only because of one of minister and it has to be change

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
MarceauBletard said:
+1
Of course it's not a coincidence.
We know the liberals do this to get more votes because most immigrants will vote for them.
I mean, thank you Liberals, but in the end, they do it for political gain.
On this, the Tories are correct.
after how this C-6 has been going so slow and going nowhere, I am not sure I will vote for the liberals in the federal election
and for provincial I definitely won't vote for liberal as an Ontario resident

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
itsmyid said:
after how this C-6 has been going so slow and going nowhere, I am not sure I will vote for the liberals in the federal election
and for provincial I definitely won't vote for liberal as an Ontario resident
+1
I congratulate you for being open minded.
Personally, I don't know who I will vote for yet in the Federal elections. I will decide later, probably next year.
But for sure, the Liberals in Ontario did a terrible job with the economy and energy grid management especially. The contracts for the wind turbines were paid too expensive to private contractors and implemented extremely poorly.
This documentary talks about it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=55-jBCjtJ88

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
subha_1962 said:
Thanks... :) ....hurried typing, I know...will be politically correct in the future :)
Haha, I wasn't aiming at you in particular. Everyone on this forums says "Cons".
I just wanted to let you know it's "Tories", in case you read the news to understand them :) #CanadianEnglishEh

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well assuming I'm a Canadian Citizen by next election, Liberals won't get my vote either. Everything seems to be getting worse. Thanks to McCallum, highly likely I won't even be able to sponsor my Parents for PR, this after 3 years of wait. And these C6 delays. I'll be completing 4 years as PR next year. Given C6 has been delayed so much, might as well just apply under the 4 year rule and avoid the potential huge influx of applications.

Will be completing 10 years in Canada this year :eek: