Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Shmak2017 said:
Canadian citizenship must be a constitutional right

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/canadian-citizenship-must-be-a-constitutional-right/article34128665/
If you want citizenship to be a constitutional right, you have to reopen the constitution to add it. Good luck with that.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Whocares said:
They don't give a *censored word* about us... They are members of parties who they serve as slaves. If they stand against their parties, they will be kicked out of the senate. They don't care about Canada either. They have agenda to attract voters, that's all.
Senators aren't elected and can't be kicked out of the senate by their party. They have life tenure (until their 75th birthday).

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
razerblade said:
Even if it becomes law, CIC needs to implement the changes like releasing updated forms, IO's need to undergo training etc. Who knows how long that would take. If I remember correctly, it took conservatives almost a year from when bill C24 became law.
Although what you say is true, I am hoping it doesnt take them a year to implement. After March 2, if there are no more hearings, then it will be voted by the senate. I expect this to be done by April/May.

Here is why it might not take as much time as c24 after it becomes law.
- if C6 is passed as proposed especially with regards to residency and removal of "intent to reside", then citizenship application will be identical to before c24. CIC should already have processes established for it.
- Liberal goverment will likely want to expedite it since most new immigrants are Liberal minded and election is coming up in a couple of years...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
_MK_ said:
Although what you say is true, I am hoping it doesnt take them a year to implement. After March 2, if there are no more hearings, then it will be voted by the senate. I expect this to be done by April/May.

Here is why it might not take as much time as c24 after it becomes law.
- if C6 is passed as proposed especially with regards to residency and removal of "intent to reside", then citizenship application will be identical to before c24. CIC should already have processes established for it.
- Liberal goverment will likely want to expedite it since most new immigrants are Liberal minded and election is coming up in a couple of years...
I tend to agree that if this bill does pass, it wouldn't take very long to implement, and they may even try to speed it up - but how long it would take to pass is the main problem here

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
spyfy said:
Senators aren't elected and can't be kicked out of the senate by their party. They have life tenure (until their 75th birthday).
Wrong.FAKE NEWS

The Senate has the power to turf a senator from the chamber, as long as a majority approves the expulsion. This is a political game.. We will never understand it. So if the leader(s) of a party is not happy from a senator, they will vote to kick him out by voting. Since conservatives are the majority, they can vote to do whatever they want.

These are not my words, search the web and you will see yourself.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
itsmyid said:
I tend to agree that if this bill does pass, it wouldn't take very long to implement, and they may even try to speed it up - but how long it would take to pass is the main problem here
Yes thats the thing. If they make any amendments, there will be debates with the whole senate present on the new changes. Once they agree which could take a while, it will be sent back to the parliament and they have to vote on the changes and agree. If not, there will be back and forth changes and voting on both senate and parliament until they agree.

however if they dont make any amendments, then one more vote by the senate and then it becomes law.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
itsmyid said:
I also agree with you. I think its gonna be implemented quickly, we will know on whats gonna happen on Thursday

Actually next Wednesday is very important because minister of immigration will be one of the witnesses from 5.15pm to 6.15pm, he cant change the decision we know that.

Also sen Jaffer posted on twitter that the bill will be amended and sent back to senates, usually it goes back to HoC "Does it mean its gonna be processed quickly? is it a sign?"

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
let's hope it passes before may .. another 2 months for one last step :-\
it's been a year that it has been introduced.
On thursday , we will have more details i hope .

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
monalisa said:
I also agree with you. I think its gonna be implemented quickly, we will know on whats gonna happen on Thursday

Actually next Wednesday is very important because minister of immigration will be one of the witnesses from 5.15pm to 6.15pm, he cant change the decision we know that.

Also sen Jaffer posted on twitter that the bill will be amended and sent back to senates, usually it goes back to HoC "Does it mean its gonna be processed quickly? is it a sign?"
the session on Wed will be a technical briefing and clarifying by the minster and immigration officials.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
jordan1992 said:
I tried to keep up with this post but I failed... Can anybody give me a brief about what's going on? Thx. :)
i doubt anybody can summarize 135 pages of this topic.
It is mostly people debating and speculating about when this bill would get passed. Most of it are guesses and hopes.

If you wish to follow the official bill progress, keep an eye on the following two links.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=8117654&Mode=1&Language=E
https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/soci/MeetingSchedule/42-1?mode=UPCOMING