+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hi rayman

what about intend to reside clause, would it come into force in a year too or immediately, thanks
I don't think intent to reside is in force right-a-way. However, for this particular clause will be associated with new version of application if this clause come to in force. So, my advise will be watch out new application download version..

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks alot :)
rayman_m said:
I don't think intent to reside is in force right-a-way. However, for this particular clause will be associated with new version of application if this clause come to in force. So, my advise will be watch out new application download version..

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
One question: while 4 out of 6 requirement will be enforced in a year, what about the right for CJ hearing and requirement for physical presence? Can those of us who have 1096 days of residence, but less physical, still apply and get a chance for a hearing?

Whatever, I guess it's better than nothing, we can apply and see what happens. By all means response will come before we are eligible under the new rules so it doesn't really matter.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
shaazdeh said:
Sicko deserves a champion medal in Bill C-24 studies... Sorry man cannot give you more +1
Totally agree ! During the last few days specifically his comments have remained very encouraging and insightful ! I have got a challenging Accounting exam tomorrow , however I have been checking his comments after every 5 mins ;D ;D .

Great job Sicko ...God bless you !

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Very true :)
informatics said:
Totally agree ! During the last few days specifically his comments have remained very encouraging and insightful ! I have got a challenging Accounting exam tomorrow , however I have been checking his comments after every 5 mins ;D ;D .

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
informatics said:

Cannot agree more, I have a IELTS tomorrow and I am keep checking this thread for last several days, after every five minutes. I will not limit my appreciation to Sicko only (he has done fantastic though), many other has been posting very wonderful first hand information about this Bill, may Allah bless you all.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
I hope residency provisions won't come into force until after august 2015. If so I'll apply with 1095 basic days of residence (but less in physical residence). Otherwise I'll have to wait two more years

blackwine

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Richmond
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-04-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
I need wait for two more year for sure. so bad.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
MasterGeek said:
I hope residency provisions won't come into force until after july 2015. If so I'll apply with 1095 basic days of residence (but less in physical residence). Otherwise I'll have to wait two more years
Hopefully they will still accept applications with just basic residence. We should keep a look on the CIC website. Right now it still says:

Deciding to apply with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence is a personal decision that should be made carefully and take into account your personal circumstances.
I think it's clear for those of us with pre-PR time the personal circumstances are strongly in favour of applying with basic residence and hoping for the best. Worst case scenario application is rejected just in time for the new 2 years requirement and we can refill it and sent it right back.

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
Now it is done. We will all be under the risk of having citizenship revoked without fair trial. Harper now has a potent tool to silence his dual-citizen oppositions. With the vagueness in the new law we will not be surprised if Harper's government accuses people of being disloyal to Canada because they oppose his "selling Canada to foreigners" plans.

I wish I have the resources to do it myself, but I pray that someone can successfully challenge the revocation process of the new law. With no proper due process, it violates section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Revocation must be done by courts, not by political bureaucrats who can abuse such power to their benefit.

a_2008

May 15, 2014
Hello Guys,
I landed and got my PR card may 2011 ,now I meet the basic residence requirement but I have not been physically present ( 50 days for vacation) in Canada for at least 1,095 days and untill today it is 1075 days ( 20 days to go )
1- can I apply and they will accept new application?
2-According to this new law (Bill C-24) judge will accept my application (1075 days) ?
3-for proof of english , IS College's ESL Acceptable?
Really I dont want to wait for 1 year more , because of just 15 days to complete 1095 days! bill C24 may comes into effect from first July so We dont have time!

What is your suggestion?do you apply in upcoming weeks?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_2008 said:
Hello Guys,
I landed and got my PR card may 2011 ,now I meet the basic residence requirement but I have not been physically present ( 50 days for vacation) in Canada for at least 1,095 days and untill today it is 1075 days ( 20 days to go )
1- can I apply and they will accept new application?
2-According to this new law (Bill C-24) judge will accept my application (1075 days) ?
3-for proof of english , IS College's ESL Acceptable?
Really I dont want to wait for 1 year more , because of just 15 days to complete 1095 days! bill C24 may comes into effect from first July so We dont have time!

What is your suggestion?do you apply in upcoming weeks?
You didnt read the previous posts. The residency requirements in the new law will not take effect for another year. So dont even think about applying earlier than 1095, there is absolutely no reason to and you will get RQ. Wait until you complete 1095 or better 1100 then send application.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand now that we have until july 2015 to send in apps under old residency law including pre-pr count? Purolator has lost my application and I went crazy yesterday couldnt control my mentality at all at home.