Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Guys...I have been following your thread very closely for some time now. Though I did not post any comment or reply but I used to refresh my browser numerous times in a day from work to see if there were new comments and I signed all the petitions that were suggested by you. I hope to complete my 1095 days by August 03'2014. Last few days have been extremely tense. I felt it would be really ungrateful of me if i do not take this opportunity thank all of you for all the valuable opinion you provided. It is indeed a party time.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi rayman

what about intend to reside clause, would it come into force in a year too or immediately, thanks
rayman_m said:
Though new residency will come into force middle of 2015, language proof up to 64 years already in forced now.. Seniors application will drop in some extend..

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
I will leave you guys for now .. Good luck for everyone .. and thanks all for the generous comments :)

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
sicko86 said:
Guys PRE-PR time is attached completely to the 4/6 years clause .. I will give a clear explanation from the Bill.

OLD CITIZENSHIP ACT:

5. (1) The Minister shall grant citizenship to any person who
(a) makes application for citizenship;
(b) is eighteen years of age or over;
(c) is a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and has, within the four years immediately preceding the date of his or her application, accumulated at least three years of residence in Canada calculated in the following manner:
(i) for every day during which the person was resident in Canada before his lawful admission to Canada for permanent residence the person shall be deemed to have accumulated one-half of a day of residence, and
(ii) for every day during which the person was resident in Canada after his lawful admission to Canada for permanent residence the person shall be deemed to have accumulated one day of residence;
(d) has an adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada;
(e) has an adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship; and
(f) is not under a removal order and is not the subject of a declaration by the Governor in Council made pursuant to section 20.

THE NEW LAW WILL REPLACE THIS BY: (FROM BILL C-24)

3. (1) Paragraphs 5(1)(c) to (e) of the Act are replaced by the following:
3. (1) Les alinéas 5(1)c) à e) de la même loi sont remplacés par ce qui suit :
2001, ch. 27, par. 228(1)

(c) is a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, has, subject to the regulations, no unfulfilled conditions under that Act relating to his or her status as a permanent resident and has, since becoming a permanent resident,
(i) been physically present in Canada for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of his or her application,
(ii) been physically present in Canada for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of his or her application, and
(iii) met any applicable requirement under the Income Tax Act to file a return of income in respect of four taxation years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of his or her application;

Basically the whole new section will replace the old section in the previous law :)

I hope this is clear now.

Therefore, the Pre-PR time will be removed once 4/6 years clause are enforced.
Can't follow fully. Does that mean one can physically reside for 4 / 6 years NOT as PR, become PR @ end of 4th year - to become eligible for citizenship? That would be silly.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
boltz said:
Can't follow fully. Does that mean one can physically reside for 4 / 6 years NOT as PR, become PR @ end of 4th year - to become eligible for citizenship? That would be silly.
No. It means you must have spent 4/6 years (and >=183 days per year in Canada) in order to qualify.

ethelaitea

Apr 12, 2012
Hi guys, check out this news "Government welcomes Royal Assent of Bill C-24", by NewsWire

It mentioned " Citizenship applicants will need to be physically present in Canada for a total of four out of their last six years. In addition, they will need to be physically present in Canada for 183 days per year for at least four of those six years. These provisions will come into force in approximately a year."
So is that mean the residence requirement will be effective after a year?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
from what I gather, every change from C-24 will come into effect after 1 year... or is there any new change that will come into effect immediately?? someone mentioned a new change in the language. requirement?? thanks

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ethelaitea said:
Hi guys, check out this news "Government welcomes Royal Assent of Bill C-24", by NewsWire

It mentioned " Citizenship applicants will need to be physically present in Canada for a total of four out of their last six years. In addition, they will need to be physically present in Canada for 183 days per year for at least four of those six years. These provisions will come into force in approximately a year."
So is that mean the residence requirement will be effective after a year?
yes.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Empirical-Scientist said:
No. It means you must have spent 4/6 years (and >=183 days per year in Canada) in order to qualify.
That's my Q. So, for eg, one became PR just today(1 day as PR), and had been physically residing in Canada as student/ work permit/etc, does he/she qualify for citizenship? I don't think that's intent, but its not excluding that possibility with the new/replacement clause

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
That's my Q. So, for eg, one became PR just today(1 day as PR), and had been physically residing in Canada as student/ work permit/etc, does he/she qualify for citizenship?
since becoming a permanent resident,
(i) been physically present in Canada for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of his or her application
So one has to be a PR for >4 years

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
I was about to write the same you wrote, lol, thanks alot guys :)
Alex_78 said:
Guys...I have been following your thread very closely for some time now. Though I did not post any comment or reply but I used to refresh my browser numerous times in a day from work to see if there were new comments and I signed all the petitions that were suggested by you. I hope to complete my 1095 days by August 03'2014. Last few days have been extremely tense. I felt it would be really ungrateful of me if i do not take this opportunity thank all of you for all the valuable opinion you provided. It is indeed a party time.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Thanks man .. Your comment is more than enough for me :)

I remember two days ago some people accused me that I have a weak argument when I said you have to look at previous timelines and that no Law has ever came into force in Matter of Days and that is not realistic! and I said look at all previous Citizenship Acts .. The least had 6 months Time after Royal Assent!!
You rock :)