+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi,

I am going to complete my 3 years presence in Canada by mid of September 2014 .Since my landing in 2011,I never left Canada ,not even for a day.This summer I had a plan to visit my parents in my home country ,however the timing of the billing is confusing me.If I leave in summer for one month I will be completing my 1095 days by mid of October which obviously will increase my chances of getting affected by this bill.

Any ideas could the bill take that long to implement i.e. Oct-Nov 2014 ?

Thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hi,

Any updates regarding how long could it take to become a law ?

I am going to complete my 3 years presence in Canada by mid of September 2014 .Since my landing in 2011,I never left Canada ,not even for a day.This summer I had a plan to visit my parents in my home country ,however the timing of the billing is confusing me.If I leave in summer for one month I will be completing my 1095 days by mid of October which obviously will increase my chances of getting affected by this bill.

Any ideas could the bill take that long to implement i.e. Oct-Nov 2014 ?

Thanks
dont leave, stay so u wont be affected

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
another week has passed, not much progress on this bill. It has not been sent to committee for further study yet. I listened the the podcast of Chris Alexander and he kept saying the bill will improve canadian immigration system. His deputy said the department has already put in more man power on the processing front, which might be the reason ppl see their status update on E-client within 2 months after their submissions.
lets hope it will, be in full force in late nov, or early dec but it will become law, by no further unexpected delay, by the end of this year

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
u4g5 said:
another week has passed, not much progress on this bill. It has not been sent to committee for further study yet. I listened the the podcast of Chris Alexander and he kept saying the bill will improve canadian immigration system. His deputy said the department has already put in more man power on the processing front, which might be the reason ppl see their status update on E-client within 2 months after their submissions.
lets hope it will, be in full force in late nov, or early dec but it will become law, by no further unexpected delay, by the end of this year
Do you have the site where someone can listen to recordings? or their upcoming agendas and updates from the Committee.

and link to the information and points you posted earlier from the committee few days back

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/Guide.aspx?viewmode=3&categoryid=-1&currentdate=2014-03-1&languagecode=12298

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
u4g5 said:
dont leave, stay so u wont be affected
Thank you so much for your advice.I am also thinking of postponing my trip for few months.

However,I am still not sure whether this bill will take that long (Fall of 2014 or so) to become a law.Do you have some additional info in this regard ?

Thanks once again.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Thank you so much for your advice.I am also thinking of postponing my trip for few months.

However,I am still not sure whether this bill will take that long (Fall of 2014 or so) to become a law.Do you have some additional info in this regard ?

Thanks once again.
i am in the same shoe, cancelled my trip so i can leave after submitting my application. The best way to know its progress is to check the parliament website which shows the status of the bill. but it will take a while to go through all the legislative process. so you will be fine as long as you submit b4 oct. gd luck

HoneyEllis

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-08-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Hi Everyone,

Most of the posters seem to be focussed on the date the bill passes through parliament.

However, if you look at the actual bill most of it doesn't come into force then.

It won't come into force until it's proclaimed by the Governor in Council. This is probably because the bill calls for lots of changes to the regulations that underpin the Act. Those regulations probably haven't been drafted yet. Once the regulations are ready the Governor will proclaim the changes to the Act in force and the regulations will also come into force.

I can't apply for citizenship until October - I thought I wouldn't have time to get my application in - but having learned this - well maybe the new rules won't start as soon as we all feared.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyEllis said:
Hi Everyone,

Most of the posters seem to be focussed on the date the bill passes through parliament.

However, if you look at the actual bill most of it doesn't come into force then.

It won't come into force until it's proclaimed by the Governor in Council. This is probably because the bill calls for lots of changes to the regulations that underpin the Act. Those regulations probably haven't been drafted yet. Once the regulations are ready the Governor will proclaim the changes to the Act in force and the regulations will also come into force.

I can't apply for citizenship until October - I thought I wouldn't have time to get my application in - but having learned this - well maybe the new rules won't start as soon as we all feared.
Oct is safe, i would say, n maybe it wont be in full force until next year. but in most cases, the new law become effective once the bill receives royal consent. Its another friday and nore more discussion of the bill for another 2 weeks. Cheers

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
informatics said:

Thanks once again.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size] I really feel sad for you and your parents. I can not imagine how this law is very hard for many of us.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
surgi said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size] I really feel sad for you and your parents. I can not imagine how this law is very hard for many of us.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

I have not seen my parents since 2011 and this year when I had everything planned for visiting them then this happened.I believe not only this bill but if it became a law , its going to drastically affect our lives especially due to the intend to reside clause.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i personally think cic is making visitor visa to PR's parents much easier than it used to be now. My parents both have 10 yr Mutiple entry visa and they come to visit me once every year. of course, everybody has different case.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
u4g5 said:
i personally think cic is making visitor visa to PR's parents much easier than it used to be now. My parents both have 10 yr Mutiple entry visa and they come to visit me once every year. of course, everybody has different case.
not everybody can afford this. Also it is supposed that parents will support long hours of flight. Also when you go home you visit sisters,brothers, aunts,uncles,old friends......etc.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saw another new thread about the status of bill-24. i am sticking to this one and the other one which was posted on feb 7th. its more clear than ever that applying within 2014(no later than nov maybe ?) is safe to be considered under the current regulation.
Relax for those who can and gd luck for those who cant.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
And now these guys (the investor category) have also won the right to challenge the decision !

Canadian court victory for group of Chinese migration applicants
http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1444783/canadian-court-victory-group-chinese-migration-applicants

Slowly but steadily, and between debates in Parliament, petitions, complaints on social media and through contact with MPs, and then all these other legal challenges that are happening outside in the real world, who knows what the FINAL AMENDED C-24 will ultimately look like ! ????