VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing will happen till April.. Assuming no debate in next week on this bill and then all will go for March break and the bill stays on 1st reading till April..

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Nothing will happen till April.. Assuming no debate in next week on this bill and then all will go for March break and the bill stays on 1st reading till April..
2nd reading already done on 27th Feb.

First Reading
Show Sittings Chamber Sitting: 432014-02-06 Introduction and First Reading
2014-02-06
Second Reading
Hide Sittings Chamber Sitting: 532014-02-27

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6401990

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
and then there's more people starting to speak and express how they really feel (vox populi !) ....and Bill C-24 perhaps isn't going to do much either to help them regain some of that lost love :'(

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/conservatives-losing-ground-grim-polling-numbers-show-152732133.html

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conservatives are thinking bill C-24 will help them in next election but in reality they probably will loose in margin even they bring the new law in place. This is for sure, they will loose lot of immigrant's vote.. They should not ignore immigrant's voice..

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
rayman_m said:
Conservatives are thinking bill C-24 will help them in next election but in reality they probably will loose in margin even they bring the new law in place. This is for sure, they will loose lot of immigrant's vote.. They should not ignore immigrant's voice..
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size] I totally agree with you. All those who got citizenship and those who are waiting whom I know, are afraid that the conservatives put more illogical nd hard rules. They will participate in the coming elections to protect their rights. many are favorable for NDP and others for liberal part.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i at least think Conservatives have a better record on economics. they did reduce tax for both business and individuals

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only they increased tax at some points, but also decreased the quality of public services. They opened a new avenue to spend tax payers' money on buying military equipment!
u4g5 said:
i at least think Conservatives have a better record on economics. they did reduce tax for both business and individuals

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They suspend the weapon purchasing, which i think is great way of saving. We dont need an arm force that doesnt match the size of our population. N the f-35 fighter jet is just a big way of wasting $. glad peter mckay is no longer defense minister and not a chance he will be the next PM, he is not likeable

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Title CIMM Meeting No. 16
Location1 Wellington Street - C-110
Event Date Wednesday, Mar 5, 2014
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
2 Hours
Status
Not Started
Description
Meeting No. 16 CIMM - Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
‭If they put conditions or obstacles if you leave Canada after obtaining citizenship, you will hurted four times. The first one when you were promised to come and all facilities will be offered to find a job and be integrated in the society ,but finally you found unsurmontal obstcales to get a license and offer your knowledge and experience to your new country. The second time when they offered you the honour to be a Canadian citizen but they deprived you from the privilige to find a job in an another place all over the world where you can offer your knowledge and experience as long as you are not yet allowed to work in Canada in your profession. The third time when you feel you are not allowed to give this experience and knowledge to the Canadian society while you have to stay out of work and waiting for the help of somebody else for living expenses,while you can be an add to the economy and society if you work elsewhere.The fourth time when you are separated from your family and children who became Canadians and you will not be able to see them and enjoy living sometimes because according to the new proposed law the minister took a unilateral powerful decision to revoke or withdraw your citizenship because you left Canada for work.

‏‭I am a doctor and I know that one of the great problems that make Canada in need of doctors is that the Canadian doctors go to USA after graduation to live and work there. For long years the balance between doctors who leave Canada for USA and vice versa is in favor of USA. The question is WHY? it is simple ,because USA need doctors, they also recognise the Canadian medical educationl system. Furthermore the doctors in USA gain more money than in Canada, and pay less taxes. The question here was it or not more beneficial for the conservative party to write a bill to oblige the Canadian doctors to sign an intent to stay in Canada before granting the medical degree ? I think it would be more beneficial for Canada to make the Canadian licensed doctors sign such intent more than to let a non-licensed doctor to sign it!!!

‏‭These propositions will devalue many Canadian citizens and make a discrimination not only between Canadians but also from older immigrants . We will see a third class citizens who have less rights than the others, this will initiate all types of haterness and non appropriate reactions and feeling of nonesteem and their consequences .

‏‭When we immigrated to Canada we explored many aspects of the immigration process including and not limited to the citizenship status. Even before immigration we know that we have to have a physical presence of 1095 days within 4 years to be eligible for Canadian citizenship. Based on these informations we have arranged our financial , professional,social and familial affairs. Imagine that few months before you are eligible for this citizenship application you are asked to rearrange all your affairs for one year more. This is in the same time you do not have any support to make these changes. It is like a game , because you have the power of the rules you change them at any moment and without any notice or warning. There are many immigrants who lost tens of thousands of dollars, lost many years fighting to obtain a professional license, lost an income which can be added to their lives if they did not immigrate, and will loose their children if this proposed law is applied.You can not in the midstream of a contract change any of its articles except after the approval of the two parties.We already started the application for citizenship since the first day we landed in Canada.We try to accomplish all the requirements for citizenship including these 1095 days of physical presence as well as other conditions. It is unfair to change any of these rules on which was based our immigration process in the middle of this process.

Medical Canadian licensing bodies require that you not be away from practice for more than 1 (or in some instances 2) years. Of course, until he has his license, international doctors cannot practice in Canada, a Catch 22 that confronts all too many doctors from abroad. But Most of them had planned to seek practical work overseas as soon as they had the Canadian citizenship, all the while continuing to complete their accreditation requirements here. That way they could meet all of the requirements to be able to practice in Canada in the most expeditious way. Sometimes, their ability to return to work in their field is also critical to their abilities to support their families here in Canada, all of whom have no desire to live anywhere else. Those doctors will return as soon as they have completed their hours of practice.‭

Under this new scenario, many doctors and other permanent residents cannot leave the country to resume their practice for another year, which not only will delay their accreditation here but will also create severe hardship for their families as their savings are running out. They were going to rely on their income from abroad to support them here,as long as they do not allow them to work in their profession.But now they are changing the rules on them mid-stream. That is unfair to them, and it is unfair to Canadians who will benefit greatly from having those doctors practice medicine here as soon as possible.

‭In reality the declared reasons for these changes are widely separated from the proposed regulations. Nobody can imagine that you will strenthgen citizenship by staying one more year,or signing an intent to stay document. Furthermore, those who spent part of their lives working or studying in Canada before being permanent residents, no sense to increase this time allawance by 2 years!!! Many of them were living in Canada for more than 10 years. You will strenthgen citizenship if you work on integration of the new immigrants in the Canadian job market, if you work on the difficult file of licensing bodies to facilitate offering licenses to permanent residents. You will achieve this goal also if you work to integrate the new comers children in schools and the whole family in the social activities around them.There is no system to follow the families of new comer and estimate how they are integrated in the Canadian society. All of a suddent they discover that this family immigrated since few years and now they apply for citizenship.Many other measures should be taken but I do not think that they are willing to take steps in this direction as it is more difficult and require hard working. It would be rather easy to pass such laws in the parliment as they have the majority.

‭According to the statistics, about 80% of immigrants get their citizenship within 2 years. So the whole process takes 3 years of physical presence and 2 years of processing equal 5 years. The minister proposed 4 years of physical presence and one year of processing so the total would be 5 years!!! where is the acceleration here??!!! In fact it will be longer. The backlog may move a little during the transient year where the supposed applicants who finished 1095 have to wait one more year. After that everything will go back to the same point but more long as it will be 4 years of physical stay and 2 or 3 years of preocessing.

‭The minister did not touch the real problems which created this backlog,which include the residency questionnaire. The majority of files which are delayed are processed in a residency questinnaire, which requests so many documents and the time and efforts are wasted in correspondance and checking. Finally, how many cases of frauds discovered? The minister did not give us any informations about the percentage of discovered frauds since the establishement of this residency questionnaire??!! Was it deserving for such major efforts and money spent? What are the efforts done in CIC to change all of this?

‭Well, if the minister would like to move the backlog here one suggestion:

‭1- all applicants must pass the citizenship exam as the language exam before application for citizenship and no need to wait for the file revision before that decision.Actually before I take a decision I would like to know your knowledge about Canada.
‭2- As long as we are fraud obssessed, all applicants must prepare all papers needed as if they were requested a residency questionnaire. These documents must be arranged and numbered in a special sequence,for example from 1 to 25. The citizenship officer will pass through documents from number 1 to 12 and most of the applications which are considred as straight forward will be considered as eligible for citizenship and decision is taken. If the officer is not totally convinced he go further in the file and may be able to take a decision from documents 13 to 21 for example . Those who are not satisfied after the 25 regular documents ,can ask for more documents and I am sure they will be a minority.
‭3- Perhaps some people will say that is too much for all applicants. That is not real, because these extra documents will be prepared by those ,for example, who left Canada during their residency more than a certain period . So, for those who did not leave at all or left for short periods ,they are not requested to do it. If their situation was more complicated they have to prepare more documents,and if it was more simple they have not to add any more documents. So, it is only a little bit burden for some people and believe me they would prefer this and not to stay long months and years in correspondance and waiting with CIC.
‭4- An additional reason is that it would be more human that all people prepared the needed documents, otherwise there are some suspected other who are requested to prepare for a residency questionnaire. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size]

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we have a very angry applicant here, well, good luck and hope u r in time to vote in the next election

notafool

Mar 4, 2014
There is nothing you can hope to get from speaking to your CON MP or anyone in the CON party. The only thing that can change anything is that in 2015 the CONS are never reelected again.

I am posting this from another topic in the forum.

To be honest the Cons will do whatever the want to. They promised to have immigrant friendly policies when they were in a minority. The minute they got into power with a majority they showed their true colors.

Citizenship test requirements, pass scores etcs have changed so many times that I have lost count. Sponsorship processing times have skyrocketed. I can't even believe the Canadian media calls the CONS the party for immigrants.

Instead of complaining about all these changes there is something that will catch the CONs attention very fast. Make a donation to another party for example like the Liberals. Up to 400 dollars you will get back 300 dollars in tax credit, you can also donate another 400 dollars to the riding association and get 300 dollars tax back.

I put my money where my mouth is and donated to the Liberals for the 1st time in my life. CONs won't change. It might not be in their interest to have immigrants become citizens and possibly vote against them. The CON base doesn't have many positive feelings about ethnic minorities or immigrants. You can see it with all the comments in mainstream newpapers about how immigrants deserve to be made to have a hard time getting citizenship or sponsoring their relatives.

The CONs just want your vote and donations but not necessarily you in this country.

Let me be clear the CONS don't care about any objections you have to their immigration changes. So make them care with your money. Election is less then 2 years away.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I know this maybe the wrong place to post a topic about changes in rules and regulations of citizenship. Most of the guys here already applied for citizenship and the others will apply soon. So they feel happy and lucky they are not involved in such misery of proposed laws. That is good for them, we also feel happy for them too. I think if they were in our situation they would be angery when the laws,rules and regulations are keeping to change and put people in more troubled situations. The rules for practicing the professions, the rules for health insurance, the rules for leaving the country and coming back, and now the rules for citizenship. Many other rules are changed in a very little time and each time we hear about frauds,but we never saw them. Anyway we are searching a way to express ourselves and share the others the problems which we would like to solve to live in peace.That is all folk!!!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

notafool

Mar 4, 2014
u4g5 said:
They suspend the weapon purchasing, which i think is great way of saving. We dont need an arm force that doesnt match the size of our population. N the f-35 fighter jet is just a big way of wasting $. glad peter mckay is no longer defense minister and not a chance he will be the next PM, he is not likeable
That is exactly it they suspended purchasing, not cancelled it. They want to try and show that they have a budget surplus before the election. They will do whatever they want if they get reelected. That is why they cannot get reelected.

Before they got elected Canada had a record surplus. Within 3 years even before the recession the CONS were in deficit. They had the largest deficit in Canadian history.

I don't know why the Media makes them out as competent in anything. Wonder if its because they want to be appointed senators?

The same CONs cut immigration fees and promised faster processing times before their majority.

THE CON RECORD ON everything is bad. There is nothing that they have achieved. Even in taxes they hiked CPP and EI premiums without calling it a tax. They also are preventing many people from claiming EI. They cut corporate taxes even though they have very high deficits.