+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
"wait guys.....let them blow their noses and wipe some tears over this big setback .... Cry

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/keystone-xl-pipeline-dealt-setback-in-court

especially since they have been bragging about this one for a long time "

The only problem is no one in the country gives a rats-A$$ about the immigrants -PRs and their future. Otherwise we would have already seen solid actions to clear backlogs and process improvement NOT a new bill to negatively impact immigrants path to citizenship. How many times did you see any of the other political parties have opposed or called for amendments to the new bill? Beside one statements put up in their websites? How many times did you see a debate on the national news outlets where immigration experts have gathered and asked the tough questions or engaged in a meaningful debate with the minister or the department? NONE!!! keep dreaming immigrants but this bill will pass in a very short time..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marypetty said:
Could someone in the know explain why Bill C-24 is such a bad Bill?
No one yet know in real what will bill the consequences (good or bad) until it becomes a law. There is concerns on few sections of the bill. An PR may look at the bill's impact on their status and interpret the new bill's good or bad side..

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Looks like Conservatives are fast tracking Bill C-24.

PETER VAN LOAN:

On Thursday, February 27th, That afternoon, we will start second reading debate on Bill C-24, the strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act. This bill represents the first comprehensive overhaul of Canada's citizenship laws in a generation.

:mad:
I think you get it wrong. Its status shows 2nd reading but parliament has not put a vote on. Thus it is still at 1st phrase. as long as the bill has not yet been referred to standing committee for a lengthy debate, which will take at least 2 months, it might not be able to become law b4 MPs taking their summer break.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
IT was supposed to be discussed tomorrow but very strange that it is not listed here whereas other bills to be discussed have been listed
all week...

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Pub=projected&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=2

who knows...maybe it gets moved to next week ? not sure... before they then go into a 2 week break..

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
u4g5,

PLEASE do some research online by yourself instead of coming online and panicking everyone unnecessarily. We are all professionals here - kindly do some research on how bills are passed - instead of relying on us to spoon-feed.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
u4g5,

PLEASE do some research online by yourself instead of coming online and panicking everyone unnecessarily. We are all professionals here - kindly do some research on how bills are passed - instead of relying on us to spoon-feed.
My friend, i saw on the parliament website that the bill will be debated. I did do some research and for a bill to become law it must pass 3 stages. Its status is also on the parliament website. I dun think i was seeking a spoon feed and was simply expressing my desire for the bill not to pass too soon. Of course it will pass eventually cuz a majority government can pretty much do whatever it wants.They fast tracked bill C-23, the election bills for a first vote so it is before standing committee now. That process took 10 days. But it takes Bill C-24 21 days since it was first introduced by Minister for its first debate. Not my intention to panic anybody, thats all i want to clear.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
More than once now there has been mention that it is hoped /anticipated that it is expected to be passed by the end of the year.

see video - towards end between minutes 1:32 - 1:36 where the reporter says the same thing

http://video.theloop.ca/watch/overhaul-of-the-citizenship-act/3162897343001#.Uw-d_iKEjIU

Also, another press article with Min Alexander stated somewhere in beginning saying it is expected to be passed sometime end of the year. Don't have link

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the reporter could be right. Govt. is willing to enforce the new law end of the year giving some relief to the 2014 applicants.. All we can hope for best instead of getting panic..

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
More than once now there has been mention that it is hoped /anticipated that it is expected to be passed by the end of the year.

see video - towards end between minutes 1:32 - 1:36 where the reporter says the same thing

Also, another press article with Min Alexander stated somewhere in beginning saying it is expected to be passed sometime end of the year. Don't have link
Thanks, its a relief.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011