+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Purolator too. They played a heart attack game with me yesterday claiming my package was LOST and an investigation is open. They found it today. I guess they won't charge me shipping. I ship it there for free, one day late though.
Canada post once did the same to me. They got me a refund.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
I just called CIC and confirmed: The citizenship calculator will remain the same till July 2015 (so it is 3/5 and pre-PR time counts). Also the "intention to reside" part will be applied July 2015.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
I just called CIC and confirmed: The citizenship calculator will remain the same till July 2015 (so it is 3/5 and pre-PR time counts). Also the "intention to reside" part will be applied July 2015.
good job!

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Fellows,

Did you see this Calgarian terrorist?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Terror+recruiters+finding+receptive+audience+Calgary/9956313/story.html

I think these people who seriously screwed the system.

The revoking of citizenship from people accused for terrorism honestly can be seen both ways. In one way it is a discrimination for dual citizen and in other way some people deserve their citizenship to be revoked and they are dangerous on the Canadian society.

Similar to this person in the link I sent .. he burnt his Canadian passport and he is threatening Canada and Canadians!

You can search his name and watch his youtube video as well.

aarongirl

Jun 20, 2014
paw339 said:
aarongirl, You are correct your mom will have to meet the new language requirements after the new language requirements come into force. What we don't know is when that will be and unlike the increased residency requirement I've not seen an estimated implementation date for the new language requirements.
Yes. and the point is still no idea about when will it come into force. Any possibility after Aug.? or will be recently?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
With this and the minister can still guarantee less than one year processing time by end of next year. Let's see and hope. I think processing time will improve significantly in coming months. and most of us are saved under old system. wish they announced implementation date sooner.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
With this and the minister can still guarantee less than one year processing time by end of next year. Let's see and hope. I think processing time will improve significantly in coming months. and most of us are saved under old system. wish they announced implementation date sooner.
My guess would be they will announce it in the coming weeks. Where the implementation date is probably some time next year according to the government website.
Alex must have already had a date in his mind.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
immigrant2008 said:
The residence calculator is a required document in the application
if you are qualified (they haven't changed/updated that calculator by July 2015 then, there is no problem)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
immigrant2008 said:
How could they possibly provide you with such information if it hasn't been officially announced?

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
sicko86 said:
Fellows,

Did you see this Calgarian terrorist?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Terror+recruiters+finding+receptive+audience+Calgary/9956313/story.html

I think these people who seriously screwed the system.

The revoking of citizenship from people accused for terrorism honestly can be seen both ways. In one way it is a discrimination for dual citizen and in other way some people deserve their citizenship to be revoked and they are dangerous on the Canadian society.

Similar to this person in the link I sent .. he burnt his Canadian passport and he is threatening Canada and Canadians!

You can search his name and watch his youtube video as well.
I would like to see him and any other terrorist in jail for life or executed. That's what will make me feel safe. Not letting him free and sending him to a place where he can meet other like minded individuals. I don't care how many citizenships he has, I don't care where he was born, but as a Canadian I expect the Canadian government to keep him securely behind bars forever or to eliminate him if the tax burden is too high.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Guys, I thought I'd share this!

I just called CIC myself too. I spoke to a nice French lady and asked her if she'd be able to give me a more precise date when the new residency requirement would take effect. I told her the official CIC website said it would take effect in approximately one year and I tried to cry 'desperate' by telling her I'll be cutting it close in terms of applying myself because the earliest date I'll be eligible to apply is June 2, 2015 (which is true). So I said it would help me a lot if she could give me a more precise date.

She put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said the new residence requirement will take effect July 19, 2015. I asked her if this was final. She said as far as she could tell, yes. Then I said "so on June 2nd of next year I should still be able to apply under the current residence requirement." She said "Yes, you should be able to." Conversation ended after mutual wishes for a great weekend.

If this lady was the real authority on this issue, she should give a lot of people comfort (although, unfortunately, that won't be everybody).

Part of me still doesn't feel up for celebrating though. I don't know. There's something about CIC and the Minister that I just don't trust. I'll be sleeping better when I send an application next year and it gets received.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
How could they possibly provide you with such information if it hasn't been officially announced?
The CIC agents are in a lot of cases out of their necessary professional knowledge about the system.
Some times they answer the question, sometimes they make a guess. I've called them for one question three times, and got three answers.

We'll just have to wait for the gov site or CIC site to announce the date.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Guys, I thought I'd share this!

I just called CIC myself too. I spoke to a nice French lady and asked her if she'd be able to give me a more precise date when the new residency requirement would take effect. I told her the official CIC website said it would take effect in approximately one year and I tried to cry 'desperate' by telling her I'll be cutting it close in terms of applying myself because the earliest date I'll be eligible to apply is June 2, 2015 (which is true). So I said it would help me a lot if she could give me a more precise date.

She put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said the new residence requirement will take effect July 19, 2015. I asked her if this was final. She said as far as she could tell, yes. Then I said "so on June 2nd of next year I should still be able to apply under the current residence requirement." She said "Yes, you should be able to." Conversation ended after mutual wishes for a great weekend.

If this lady was the real authority on this issue, she should give a lot of people comfort (although, unfortunately, that won't be everybody).

Part of me still doesn't feel up for celebrating though. I don't know. There's something about CIC and the Minister that I just don't trust. I'll be sleeping better when I send an application next year and it gets received.
That is absolutely a good news for most of us, if what she said was the actual plan. Thanks for the information!

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
aarongirl said:
Yes. and the point is still no idea about when will it come into force. Any possibility after Aug.? or will be recently?
aarongirl I think your mom has a good chance of not having to meet the new language requirements but thats just a guess, but long term is that a good thing?

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
anon123 said:
I would like to see him and any other terrorist in jail for life or executed. That's what will make me feel safe. Not letting him free and sending him to a place where he can meet other like minded individuals. I don't care how many citizenships he has, I don't care where he was born, but as a Canadian I expect the Canadian government to keep him securely behind bars forever or to eliminate him if the tax burden is too high.
The problem .. Justice system doesn't work this way .. he will spend a certain sentence depending on his crime then he will leave ... having him in Canada is really dangerous because he will spread his ideas to some other people .. and he might plan or participate in terrorist attacks against innocent people .. it is a real problem .. that's why I said citizenship revocation can be seen both ways in one way it is a discrimination against dual citizens and in other way it safer for the rest of citizens!!