Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
admontreal said:
Unbelievable ;D And when did you send your application ?

(Currently Looking into jobs in Windsor area :D)
What kind of jobs are you looking for?

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
sicko86 said:
I disagree my friend .. there is no conspiracy behind it and they dont want to strip massive number of Neutralized Citizens there Citizenship .. This country is not "One Man Decision" Country .. it is a democratic country and things doesn't work this way.

I disagree on not calculating the Pre-PR time and thats not coming from my personal case .. but I believe people who lived here as non-PR for couple of years should have advantage over People who just landed here, at least keep things as is (1 year of Pre-PR or 2 years out of the new 4 years total), Australia requires (4 years total including 1 year as PR).

But there is no hidden agenda .. Canada is implementing new immigration program and they are trying to improve the quality of the skilled workers who want to come here .. and that doesnt have to do and is not related to the Citizenship Act Changes.
I agree that there is no hidden agenda but I disagree on the issue of counting pre-PR time. I don't see why it should count. The only argument I've heard in favor of this is that the people in student or temporary worker status have been paying taxes and contributing to society. Sorry but that doesn't hold water. In fact, the "contributing to society" part is just a meaningless cliche. Regardless of what they think they've been doing in Canada, foreign nationals in temporary, non-immigrant status have a date by which they must leave Canada and so their "contribution", if there is any, cannot be the same that is expected of someone settled here permanently.

If you're in temporary status, then (officially at least) your intention is to return to your home country eventually. It is not to look for ways to get permanent residence before you have to leave. The US won't grant you a student visa (or any other temporary visa) if there's any hint during the visa interview that you might be what their law calls an "intending immigrant." You have to show proof of ties to your country as evidence of intent to return. You want to eventually immigrate to the US? Why don't you mention that during your student visa interview and see how far it gets you.

Before you come out and say I have something against immigrants, let me just say this has nothing to do with my personal feelings. The facts I stated are correct and the people who make the "contribution" argument are only making it because they're inconvenienced by the not counting of the pre-PR time. You cannot hide your self-interest with bullshi.t arguments.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So technically it's still possible the bill passes both the house and senate before the summer recess hence receiving royal assent but I think it will at least a couple of months before it comes into effect. Take bill c-31 for example it was first tabled on the 16th of February 2012, passed the Senate on the last day June 28th 2012 and came into effect December 15 2012.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/reform.asp

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A public protest is taking place on 30 June at 17:00

Mel Lastman

5100 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M2N 5V7

https://www.facebook.com/events/329557137191849/

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
sicko86 said:
I disagree my friend .. there is no conspiracy behind it and they dont want to strip massive number of Neutralized Citizens there Citizenship .. This country is not "One Man Decision" Country .. it is a democratic country and things doesn't work this way.

I disagree on not calculating the Pre-PR time and thats not coming from my personal case .. but I believe people who lived here as non-PR for couple of years should have advantage over People who just landed here, at least keep things as is (1 year of Pre-PR or 2 years out of the new 4 years total), Australia requires (4 years total including 1 year as PR).

But there is no hidden agenda .. Canada is implementing new immigration program and they are trying to improve the quality of the skilled workers who want to come here .. and that doesnt have to do and is not related to the Citizenship Act Changes.
Hopefully, you are right. But if Canada is not a "one man decision country" then why they want to give ministers the full power to revoke citizenship? Things like "intention to reside" and "terrorist activities" leave much room for subjective interpretation which can be used to justify revoking of citizenship easily. In Egypt for example, half of the country [secularists] was considered as 'terrorists' when the Muslim Brothers was in power and since the Army took the power, now the other half is 'terrorist'. According to the Canadian security agencies, groups such as Greenpeace, PETA and indigenous rights groups are all terrorist groups. We should also remember the case of Maher Arar, Syrian born Canadian citizen, who ended up getting tortured in Syria. "Intention to reside" is also very problematic. Who will assess this intention, how, when?

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:

Mel Lastman

Please join. If we gather reasonable number of people, we could get some media coverage, which is always a good thing.

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taleodor said:
Please join. If we gather reasonable number of people, we could get some media coverage, which is always a good thing.
Yes ... Please spread the word.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
marcus66502 said:
I agree that there is no hidden agenda but I disagree on the issue of counting pre-PR time. I don't see why it should count. The only argument I've heard in favor of this is that the people in student or temporary worker status have been paying taxes and contributing to society. Sorry but that doesn't hold water. In fact, the "contributing to society" part is just a meaningless cliche. Regardless of what they think they've been doing in Canada, foreign nationals in temporary, non-immigrant status have a date by which they must leave Canada and so their "contribution", if there is any, cannot be the same that is expected of someone settled here permanently.

If you're in temporary status, then (officially at least) your intention is to return to your home country eventually. It is not to look for ways to get permanent residence before you have to leave. The US won't grant you a student visa (or any other temporary visa) if there's any hint during the visa interview that you might be what their law calls an "intending immigrant." You have to show proof of ties to your country as evidence of intent to return. You want to eventually immigrate to the US? Why don't you mention that during your student visa interview and see how far it gets you.

Before you come out and say I have something against immigrants, let me just say this has nothing to do with my personal feelings. The facts I stated are correct and the people who make the "contribution" argument are only making it because they're inconvenienced by the not counting of the pre-PR time. You cannot hide your self-interest with bullshi.t arguments.
You are just a troll, but lets make it clear what the privilege of citizenship means:

* Understand and hold dear Canadian values (which you personally do not, as you have disrespected Her Majesty numerous time in this forum)
- This is learned by LIVING in Canada, not in Germany.
* Be integral part of Canadian society and make positive contribution to Canada
- It means living in a neighborhood in Canada, making friends, volunteering, sending your kids to Canadian school, paying tuition fees to Canadian schools (creating jobs for Canadians!), bringing your international perspective to the classrooms, finding a job and working hard to help Canadian companies succeed, paying tax on your income and purchases. This is Canadian! Living in Germany, getting free tuition, filling up an application form, then coming to Canada with no Canadian experience or connections, living on welfare for 3 years, does not make you Canadian!

No disrespect, but some employers may be right to not hire people with foreign credentials. After all, if you don't understand how studying and working in Canada contributes to Canadian economy and society, then you probably are not that well educated.

And in Canada there is the concept of "dual intent". Meaning one intents to come to Canada as a student/worker and potentially immigrate at the same time! And that's perfectly legal in Canada. May be if you had spent less time researching how to immigrate to US, and more time learning about Canada, you would know.

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
marcus66502 said:

I disagree. Physically residing in a country counts in many parts of the world. Student visa etc. counts towards citizenship in many countries (such as in Australia as somebody mentioned earlier). But even residing in a country without official documents often counts. Maybe not in US, but in the European Union 5 million undocumented migrants were regularized since 1996. The main requirement was often to demonstrate strong ties to a country (having lived there for many years etc).

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghatot201 said:
What kind of jobs are you looking for?
Sorry it was a joke to illustrate that I wish I could live in Windsor to get my citizenship faster (eventually). I work in the Finance sector, so I wouldn't have much options there... :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mirki said:
I disagree. Physically residing in a country counts in many parts of the world. Student visa etc. counts towards citizenship in many countries (such as in Australia as somebody mentioned earlier). But even residing in a country without official documents often counts. Maybe not in US, but in the European Union 5 million undocumented migrants were regularized since 1996. The main requirement was often to demonstrate strong ties to a country (having lived there for many years etc).
Not in the UK either. To be eligible, you must not have broken any immigration laws while in the UK.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:

Mel Lastman

It will be too late by then. :( :(

Seeing the government interest in making all the committee meetings from back to back and starting senate pre-study so early it means the bill is 90% likely to pass before summer break and would be given royal assent by June 27th. If there is one hidden factor until now and that is when & which clause will get effect before summer break.

If the protest happens by this weekend MP's & Senators could see the public reaction before the 3rd reading vote takes place on Monday.

::) ::)

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
anon123 said:
You are just a troll, but lets make it clear what the privilege of citizenship means:

* Understand and hold dear Canadian values (which you personally do not, as you have disrespected Her Majesty numerous time in this forum)
- This is learned by LIVING in Canada, not in Germany.
* Be integral part of Canadian society and make positive contribution to Canada
- It means living in a neighborhood in Canada, making friends, volunteering, sending your kids to Canadian school, paying tuition fees to Canadian schools (creating jobs for Canadians!), bringing your international perspective to the classrooms, finding a job and working hard to help Canadian companies succeed, paying tax on your income and purchases.
What you're talking about is lifestyle which has nothing to do with the status of citizenship. The lifestyle elements you mentioned above are not a formal requirement for citizenship.

Sorry but I'm not interested in life as you would like to live it. The beauty of living in a free country is that you can I live my life any way I want, not just the way YOU want to live it. Sorry if it pisses you off that I don't like your lifestyle, but I'm not interested in volunteering, I'm not interested in giving my money away in tuition fees, I don't want to make friends with my old, ugly, chain smoker neighbor cause I have nothing in common with him, and I sure as hell don't want to sheepishly pay taxes without exercising my citizen right to oppose them or to question where exactly they go or how they get spent. Many would argue that's true citizenship: questioning the policies of your government, not sheepishly buying into " paying taxes makes you a good citizen" cliche.

And since you mentioned the Queen, not to bring out your sheer hypocrisy, but I doubt you yourself would take up arms, go to war and get killed half the way around the world just on the command of the Queen.

anon123 said:
This is Canadian! Living in Germany, getting free tuition, filling up an application form, then coming to Canada with no Canadian experience or connections, living on welfare for 3 years, does not make you Canadian!
Don't presume to know my life. I assume you're using Germany as a generic name for a foreign country, not as something that applies to me specifically, cause I've never lived in Germany. And for the record, I don't live on welfare either (never have), but even if I did that's still no bar to getting citizenship. You don't get to decide what makes one Canadian in status, that's for the citizenship law.

anon123 said:
No disrespect, but some employers may be right to not hire people with foreign credentials. After all, if you don't understand how studying and working in Canada contributes to Canadian economy and society, then you probably are not that well educated.
Let me rephrase what you're saying: if I don't agree with you, then I'm not well educated. That is, if pigs fly, then Lady Gaga is a mermaid. How absurd can you get?

anon123 said:
And in Canada there is the concept of "dual intent". Meaning one intents to come to Canada as a student/worker and potentially immigrate at the same time! And that's perfectly legal in Canada. May be if you had spent less time researching how to immigrate to US, and more time learning about Canada, you would know.
As far as I know the phrase "dual intent" is only used for the H1B status you get in the US, and it means the same as you described. But I've never heard it used in Canada, so if you can please provide an official reference to it, I would welcome that. I'm sure you don't mind if I don't take your word for what you're claiming. You're hardly the authority. What I have seen, however, is the phrase "Must leave Canada by [fill in the date]" on Temporary Foreign Worker permits.

How do you know someone doesn't have any real arguments in this forum? when they start using words like "troll" against others.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
well ofcourse yes, that's required. i sent the entire passport photocopy. with all the previous visas and the stamp when i first landed in canada.
did u highlight your entries to Canada as you had many trips or you just photocopy and send it?