1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
Hi all, please advise, anyone.

We are due to fly back to Canada this coming week after being out of Canada for a year and are returning as our PR is now in process and will be applying for BOWP once we land. BUT to enable you for BOWP you need to send a copy of your AOR, which we have, however the address on the AOR is our English address! I have only clicked on about this and to a VO they will look at it and assume we are still in England therefore not being granted BOWP even though we would of updated CIC of our new Canadian address.. Is there a way CIC will re send us a AOR with our updated address?

??? ??? ???

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
jkgoulds said:
Hi all, please advise, anyone.

We are due to fly back to Canada this coming week after being out of Canada for a year and are returning as our PR is now in process and will be applying for BOWP once we land. BUT to enable you for BOWP you need to send a copy of your AOR, which we have, however the address on the AOR is our English address! I have only clicked on about this and to a VO they will look at it and assume we are still in England therefore not being granted BOWP even though we would of updated CIC of our new Canadian address.. Is there a way CIC will re send us a AOR with our updated address?

??? ??? ???
You don't have to provide AOR letter. You may send an explanation letter saying that you applied on XXX and received first stage approval on YYYY. That's it.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
Police report of 'no live trace' 27 May 2015
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
The main applicant under the CEC work permit is still valid until July 16 2014 but is a closed permit, he left the company may 2013 and couldn't work for any other employer unless got another LMO. The main applicants common law partner is on a open work permit, valid until July 16 2014. We couldn't afford to stay in Canada on one wage hence why we went back to country of citizenship and then applied for PR from England.

Even if that is so, surely from what is on the website we still meet the requirements of the BOWP? PR applied for, AOR received, valid visa expiring in less than four months and will be currently be in Canada.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
so we're screwed ?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I got laid off May 2013 (closed WP expiring Aug 2014).
Crossed the border from the US in July 2013; no questions asked. I just showed my TRV and WP and they stamped me in.

Main differences: I was out only for 2 weeks; I only made a US trip.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
MenicMonday said:
I got laid off May 2013 (closed WP expiring Aug 2014).
Crossed the border from the US in July 2013; no questions asked. I just showed my TRV and WP and they stamped me in.

Main differences: I was out only for 2 weeks; I only made a US trip.
I am so worried now, we have the flights booked, animals booked on flight, everything is sold! :'(

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
byrwus said:
call CIC and get the information at the source.

While at the border be upfront with everything. Otherwise you may screw everything within just one minute.
Thanks, what is the number, because every time I call from England I go through to London Embassy who 'can't tell you anything'.

I honestly didn't even think it would be an issue as it says a valid permit on the requirements, which it is still valid until it expires. On the other hand what does valid status on a work permit mean exactly?

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
byrwus said:
Maybe you want to try to apply online as it is and indicate an address in Canada for delivery.
How do you mean, apply for the BOWP?

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
I don't think that would be a good idea as we aren't in Canada and its misinterpretation, I am more worried about the boarder now :eek:

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
byrwus said:
do not worry too much. PR proces is about 6 months now.
I did not promote misrepresentation. Delivery address is optional. True thing is you are not in Canada.
Come back, tell tchem that you need to maintain your worker status to apply for BOWP.
You can still try to apply for BOWP as visitor.

Call CIC. They will answer it easily as this is an ordinary problem.
Thanks so much, I have tried to call CIC from my mobile but my provider won't allow it to connect and the toll free # won't work on skype either, I guess we will have to go in blind and hope for the absolute best. So in your opinion, we won't be able to enter with our UK passports and work permits that we have on hand? Do you think we will get a visitor stamp in our passport instead - if thats true I then would be worried about acceptance for BOWP. GOSH :-[

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
The worst case is they ask you for your WP and ask if you are still working for them.
You can inform them that you are in the process of applying for an OWP since you are a PR applicant.

I think they're only concerned if your WP is still "valid"; they usually just glance at it.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
MenicMonday said:
^Makes sense.
I'm more worried about coming back in after X months outside the country.
We have family in Canada and will be staying with them up until we are informed about our PR application approval (if so lucky).

I mean, we can't be the only people to leave Canada after leaving a job through LMO and then return after X months on the basis or first stage approval on PR therefore applying for BOWP? We're starting to feel like guinea pigs! I would understand more if the permits weren't valid and have expired but they haven't.

When you say we will be eligible for BOWP only if they let us in with the current status? You mean from the permits we currently hold right.

Thanks for all your help in explaning things, its making things a little easier I just need to breath more!

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
byrwus said:
you received a work permit because an employer wanted you and it seems like the employer does not want you anymore. Many people in this situation as jobs we take are jobs local people do not want to look at. (government understands it and is fair to people coming)
For a BOWP you must be a worker in Canada to my understandning.
Crossing the border may make you visitors.

good luck.
We left the company as they was screwing us over and couldn't work in that environment any more. We'll just have to take it as it comes!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
jkgoulds said:
We have family in Canada and will be staying with them up until we are informed about our PR application approval (if so lucky).

I mean, we can't be the only people to leave Canada after leaving a job through LMO and then return after X months on the basis or first stage approval on PR therefore applying for BOWP? We're starting to feel like guinea pigs! I would understand more if the permits weren't valid and have expired but they haven't.

When you say we will be eligible for BOWP only if they let us in with the current status? You mean from the permits we currently hold right.

Thanks for all your help in explaning things, its making things a little easier I just need to breath more!

Let me clarify: what I meant was in the context of the existing WP; if you're going to pull it off as returning as workers. It might sound suspicious that you have the same job even if you were away for a few months.
I wasn't referring to the CEC-PR application since it doesn't matter whether you are inside/outside Canada or keep relocating while it's being processed.