NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
I have paid at getgcms.com but have not sent the consent form yet thinking I should wait until 180 days. The problem is that it has stuck at IP1.
I understand, I did the same thing until last month. But, I got impatient and applied for GCMS end of last month and I got update and moved to IP2 a week later.

I applied for GCMS notes on 05/21/2018 and moved to IP2 on 05/29/2018.

Maybe I moved to IP2 only because I applied for the GCMS since I did not receive PPR email yet OR maybe they are not related at all, but it's worth a try. I would suggest apply for it.

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
I understand, I did the same thing until last month. But, I got impatient and applied for GCMS end of last month and I got update and moved to IP2 a week later.

I applied for GCMS notes on 05/21/2018 and moved to IP2 on 05/29/2018.

Maybe I moved to IP2 only because I applied for the GCMS since I did not receive PPR email yet OR maybe they are not related at all, but it's worth a try. I would suggest apply for it.
Will do that right away then! Thanks for the suggestion.

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
@Azharkp bro 157 days for me. Ordered GCMS..no progress..
@Azharkp bro 157 days for me. Ordered GCMS..no progress..
Did you try calling them or sending email? I had called cic from outside Canada and was told my file has been moved to LVO and they don’t have more information at this time.

Now someone please tell me, when the file is moved to LVO, it means it has crossed the eligibility stage right? If yes, then my status still shows reviewing eligibility. Background status says it is not started yet.

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Did you try calling them or sending email? I had called cic from outside Canada and was told my file has been moved to LVO and they don’t have more information at this time.

Now someone please tell me, when the file is moved to LVO, it means it has crossed the eligibility stage right? If yes, then my status still shows reviewing eligibility. Background status says it is not started yet.
I haven't called them or sent en email yet. Will wait a few weeks more.

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
I haven't called them or sent en email yet. Will wait a few weeks more.
Makes sense. However in my case, it will be ideal for me to get PPR at the earliest as we are expecting a baby in early September. If we get PPR at the time when my wife cannot travel will potentially create some chaos in the processing. In fact I read somewhere that I will have to redo the application.

Although some experts said, there are many such cases and cic asks for few documents and life goes on.

Ideal for me is to land and welcome the baby in Canada! Hoping for the best..

PB_TX_BC

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Makes sense. However in my case, it will be ideal for me to get PPR at the earliest as we are expecting a baby in early September. If we get PPR at the time when my wife cannot travel will potentially create some chaos in the processing. In fact I read somewhere that I will have to redo the application.

Although some experts said, there are many such cases and cic asks for few documents and life goes on.

Ideal for me is to land and welcome the baby in Canada! Hoping for the best..
I wish you all the best bro. Everything happens for a reason.

Reactions: Azharkp

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hi all!

I just received a letter from CIC asking me to submit my passport to the London Visa Office.

I am a bit confused though as to exactly what I am supposed to do. I am an Indian citizen currently living in Norway.

In the letter, it says that I need to first figure out if I need a visa to travel to Canada and to check that I must goto this link -- http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp -- and it seems like I do need a visa to travel to Canada.

Then it says that I need to goto the VFSglobal website to find out how to submit my passport.

So, am I supposed to go through VFS and pay the fees or am I reading it wrong? Also, how long does it take to get the passport back as I have travel plans on July 15th.

sashiv20

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi all!

I just received a letter from CIC asking me to submit my passport to the London Visa Office.

I am a bit confused though as to exactly what I am supposed to do. I am an Indian citizen currently living in Norway.

In the letter, it says that I need to first figure out if I need a visa to travel to Canada and to check that I must goto this link -- http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp -- and it seems like I do need a visa to travel to Canada.

Then it says that I need to goto the VFSglobal website to find out how to submit my passport.

So, am I supposed to go through VFS and pay the fees or am I reading it wrong? Also, how long does it take to get the passport back as I have travel plans on July 15th.

Yes. You need to submit passport at any of the VFS centres which will forward your passport to London visa office for a fee. Cancel your travel plans and wait until you get back the passport. It can take 2-3 full working weeks.