+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi .. yes on my bill..
the 2 times I rang them was around 7pm UAE time .. the call duration was around 40min .. 35min to enter the data and the waiting time, and 5min with the agent
But when I call with normal network without using Skype or any other calling software, it says cannot be connected as you are outside Canada! Not sure how yours worked , I will try again today.

Last edited:

scarlette2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
But when I call with normal network without using Skype or any other calling software, it says cannot be connected as you are outside Canada! Not sure how yours worked , I will try again today.
did u use the International dialing code ?

this is the number i used from outside canada : 0016139444000

nidiw2017

Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Done....
16-03-2018
how long does it take CIC to start with BGC after your eligibility is cleared? TIA

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
did u use the International dialing code ?

this is the number i used from outside canada : 0016139444000
I got through this time , however when I selected the option to speak to an agent it got disconnected saying “we are facing high volume of inquiries “, I will try again tomorrow.

Neha255

May 22, 2018
When you open your application profile, look at background check status. IP1 ( in progress) usually starts around same time as medical pass. Thats when they check if your application is complete as in everything is included and criminality check based on provided PCCs. Then it changes back to not applicable (N/A) when IP1 is done. Thats when they start your eligibility check. Once thats done and the officer puts recommended pass, they initiate security check and your file is sent to local visa office for last approval and review by the visa officer, this stage is IP2 ( we are processing your background check). Usually PPR ( passport request for visa stamping) comes soon after IP2 if everything is smooth and the visa officer is happy and no flags in your security screening.

You mentioned that once security check is done, officer sends our file to local visa office. Mine is Ottawa and currently file is being processed there. But when i call IRCC, agent said that my BGC hasnt started yet. And few member on this forum says i Am still on IP1. It confuses me to see different responses. Do you mind explaining my query?

Reactions: ennytoolz

ennytoolz

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Category........
You mentioned that once security check is done, officer sends our file to local visa office. Mine is Ottawa and currently file is being processed there. But when i call IRCC, agent said that my BGC hasnt started yet. And few member on this forum says i Am still on IP1. It confuses me to see different responses. Do you mind explaining my query?
I have been in IP2(we are processing your bgc. We will send you a message if we need more information) since march 6. called cic agent sometime in april. I was told my eligibility is still under review and my bgc is taking long cos they are finding it hard to process. and it has been 99 days since aor feb 20. Ordered gcms note on monday tho may 28. Tmao is gonna mark 100 days since my aor and my visa office is ottawa. Tried calling cic again. All to no avail

Neha255

May 22, 2018
I have been in IP2(we are processing your bgc. We will send you a message if we need more information) since march 6. called cic agent sometime in april. I was told my eligibility is still under review and my bgc is taking long cos they are finding it hard to process. and it has been 99 days since aor feb 20. Ordered gcms note on monday tho may 28. Tmao is gonna mark 100 days since my aor and my visa office is ottawa. Tried calling cic again. All to no avail

Oh no it makes me nervous now☹

Reactions: ennytoolz