+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
No.
I haven't contacted CIC yet.
Others advised to wait out the full 6 months as finding where the application does not imply anything significant!
How about yours?

enna789

Feb 16, 2017
Apri 25 AOR
Meds passed on 20th June and they asked for PCC.
Uploaded on 4th July.
No update ever since!
BG - Your application is in progress, we will send you a message once we start background check!
Almost 2 and half months..... stuck in the same thing!

Hi, I am in the same situation as you.. i was asked to submit Singapore PCC after meds passed, i am still at IP1 up to now.. it's almost 3 months since I submit ADR, stuck too! :'(

AOR is 15/5.. any update on your application?

enna789

Feb 16, 2017
Im in the same situation. I was asked for a Singapore pcc after passing medicals and uploaded it 10 days ago. There has been no change in my bcg but I know my application is at an lvo

Hello. I am also applying from Singapore. I submitted PCC after meds passed, uploaded it 27th July which is more than 2 months since then! I am stuck at IP1 still.. waaahhh! :'(

I want to call CIC but the toll free number is not working in our area.. do you have any idea if there is another number we can reach them?

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Hello. I am also applying from Singapore. I submitted PCC after meds passed, uploaded it 27th July which is more than 2 months since then! I am stuck at IP1 still.. waaahhh! :'(

I want to call CIC but the toll free number is not working in our area.. do you have any idea if there is another number we can reach them?
From outside Canada, you can call them on this number +1 (613) 944-4000.
Use the combination 11170 to speak to an agent.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017

I want to call CIC but the toll-free number is not working in our area.. do you have any idea if there is another number we can reach them?
You can call, but all they will tell you is "your application is still within normal processing time and we are processing your file"
You can send them an email as well. The response will be same though. And knowing this little or no information does not help anything!

I am seeing loads and loads of April applicants being stuck with their applications.
I am trying to tell myself that, this is a good sign. I am not alone and since this is happening to many applications, there is nothing I should be worried about!

It still doesn't help with the anxiety; I know!

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
You can call, but all they will tell you is "your application is still within normal processing time and we are processing your file"
You can send them an email as well. The response will be same though. And knowing this little or no information does not help anything!

I am seeing loads and loads of April applicants being stuck with their applications.
I am trying to tell myself that, this is a good sign. I am not alone and since this is happening to many applications, there is nothing I should be worried about!

Agree! I am stuck in IP1 for 75 days. It makes me nervous to see applications getting approved within 30-40 days but what can we do. Will keep up with the patience. I get that every applications are different but I wished there was some streamlined flow of approvals. Good luck to all waiting.

Reactions: usijan

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I am in the same boat. I've been stuck in IP1 since Sept 1, while so many apps clear everything within 20 - 30 days! Each day that goes by makes me ponder what is wrong with my app. I wish CIC had a premium service where one could get more transparency and quicker app review. While I understand and appreciate that proper due diligence has to take place, not being able to know what is happening behind the scenes is so stressful!

Debdey1987

Jun 15, 2017
My AOR was July 13th and then medicals passed on July 23rd. Ever since then my application has been stuck at IP 1.

I did submit a US PCC, Indian PCC and an LOE along with the same. No additional documents were requested.

I am slowly giving up hope and have stopped checking the account too often as well.

Don't know if I should call CIC. If yes , then can anyone help me with the contact details.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Same here.

More than a month now and I have not even passed my medical.

From the Background status it looks like an IP1 but honestly speaking I have no clue what is going on.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
I am in the same boat. I've been stuck in IP1 since Sept 1, while so many apps clear everything within 20 - 30 days! Each day that goes by makes me ponder what is wrong with my app. I wish CIC had a premium service where one could get more transparency and quicker app review. While I understand and appreciate that proper due diligence has to take place, not being able to know what is happening behind the scenes is so stressful!
I was also in IP1 since Sept 1 but I moved to IP2 yesterday with no NA2. So there is likely nothing wrong with your app.

Reactions: despacito2017

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
My AOR was July 13th and then medicals passed on July 23rd. Ever since then my application has been stuck at IP 1.

I did submit a US PCC, Indian PCC and an LOE along with the same. No additional documents were requested.

I am slowly giving up hope and have stopped checking the account too often as well.

Don't know if I should call CIC. If yes , then can anyone help me with the contact details.
Call and ask for the status. Some agents will tell you.

enna789

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, thank you! Yes, I called today and just spoke to an operator lol
Heard that my application has not started BG yet, huhu! why does it take so long to start BG :(
I'm really getting worried, maybe there's something wrong with my application.. It's almost my 5th month since AOR, processing time max is only 6 months right? :(

enna789

Feb 16, 2017

Yeah, I was being patient really! even stopped checking my application lol but I realized I am almost on my 5th month since AOR.. so now I am auper worried :'(

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017

Dont loose hope buddy. Our file is just collecting dust mostly. I have a feeling once they open they should move it quickly. There are many are waiting for a long time. You can dial *67(613)944-4000. I have tried calling them and wasn't super helpful but still worth a try. I am going to order notes today but that wont arrive until next month.So lets see...Keep us posted.