Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
wait till they ask you because they usually extend it sometimes up to two years, dont do another one unless they ask you to, otherwise your wasting your time and money.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
sweetstrawberry said:
one other thing, women are coming Easily from lebanon its the guys that are taking long because of security checks...if ur sponsoring a female its wayyyyy quicker. i noticed that, one guy on this thread his wife had an interview a week AFTER my husband, and she got PPR sometime in Apr or May and my husband is still waiting...you might be lucky, dont compare yourself to anyones case, you sent your app dec 2015 and got an interview 5 months later, we sent our app in dec 2014 and got an interview a year and 2 months later.

Thanks for your replies sweetstrawberry. I am sorry about your case. I hope they give your husband his visa soon. Have you tried contacting your MP (Member of Parliament)? I tried to post the link for you but this forum doesn't allow me to post links. Just Google "Find your Member of Parliament" and you'll get the link. Enter your postal code and you'll get the info. Because it has been about 2 years for you, the MP may be able to help.

You may also request GCMS notes to get more details about your application, where it is now, and why it is taking this long. Again, just google "Request GCMS notes" and you'll get the link.

Furthermore, if you can afford it, your husband may apply to come to Canada as a visitor and stay for a while. You'll find the link on CIC website. Hopefully, they'll give him his PR while he is here. He will have to go back to Lebanon to get it and come back as a permanent resident. That's why I said if you can afford it because he will have to pay for the flight ticket twice.

It has been 8 months in my case, I will wait another month and if we don't hear anything from them by then, I will look into the options I mentioned to you above.

Good luck

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
ofcourse i have contacted my mps office and they dont do anything, all they do is call the canadian immigration office and ask what the status is and they update you on the status as for me, everytime i speak to them they have the same answer "your husband is pending background checks" and because it is security related, they dont provide you any detailed info except to patiently wait. same thing with gcsm notes everything says passed except Security still pending, and because its security in gcsm they dont write any details. so to me those options are pointless because i keep getting one answer with NO details.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
Hello,

Im contacting you because you seem to have a lot of knowledge about the processes.

My wife and I submitted a PR and unfortunately she has been asked to attend an interview, not sure why as our application was perfect, and our story is straight forward, nothing complicated, everything is clear!

anyways, sucks that they did not waive her interview.....

do you know the process after the interview nowadays? the timing... how soon after her interview she can get the PR? could they ask for her passport at the interview if they are satisfied?

thanks foo your response.... ya3tike alf 3afiye

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
jtannous, the whole point of an interview is because they want to make sure your relationship is genuine. To you the relationship might seem straight forward but to them maybe there are a few things that they need cleared up. Having an interview is no big deal. Most of the time they dont give the visa right away at the interview unless your case is special, usually your wife will present her passport at the interview and they will return it to her, then after interview they may request an update on any things such as medical, police certificate or any forms. If all is updated then she will just wait for an email asking for the passport. Because your wife is a female i assume this shouldnt take a long time after the interview, ive heard people taking from 2-6 weeks after interview for their passport request. However if she was a male being sponsored those in general take way longer, like me for example my husband had his interview 7 months ago and we are still waiting for that golden email asking for his passport yep its been 7 months! so oul allahhh and good luck!

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
jtannous i would also like to add is that after her interview she will get either a good vibe or a bad vibe (inshallah only good) they usually will let her know right away how she did in the interview. Inshallah kheir and all the good things come your way!

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
jtannous said:
Hello,

Im contacting you because you seem to have a lot of knowledge about the processes.

My wife and I submitted a PR and unfortunately she has been asked to attend an interview, not sure why as our application was perfect, and our story is straight forward, nothing complicated, everything is clear!

anyways, sucks that they did not waive her interview.....

do you know the process after the interview nowadays? the timing... how soon after her interview she can get the PR? could they ask for her passport at the interview if they are satisfied?

thanks foo your response.... ya3tike alf 3afiye
If your interview is long away (after a month) I would highly request that you apply for your ATIP notes. This way you can better prepare your wife for the interview and you can see exactly why the officer asked for an interview and prepare as needed. Applying for notes it fairly easily you need to pay $5 , attach a consent form. ((There's more information of how to apply for notes somewhere on this forum))

Goodluck :)

gcg000

Dec 8, 2014
Hello
Im from Syria , I went to a Sowrn Translator to translate my documents and by the end of each translation he wrote the following
"This true translation from Arabic of the attached [ document name ]
Sworn Translator [ his name]
[ city , date ]"
Then he put his details like address , phone number and email
after that I took the document to a notary public "3adlye" where they verified the translator signature put their stamp . Then I took the documents to the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs where they put their Stamp too on the documents.
So this is how things go in Syria and I was wondering if this words the Sworn Translator wrote count as an affidavit ? Did you guys get an affidavit from your translators in Lebanon ?

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
sweetstrawberry said:
jtannous, the whole point of an interview is because they want to make sure your relationship is genuine. To you the relationship might seem straight forward but to them maybe there are a few things that they need cleared up. Having an interview is no big deal. Most of the time they dont give the visa right away at the interview unless your case is special, usually your wife will present her passport at the interview and they will return it to her, then after interview they may request an update on any things such as medical, police certificate or any forms. If all is updated then she will just wait for an email asking for the passport. Because your wife is a female i assume this shouldnt take a long time after the interview, ive heard people taking from 2-6 weeks after interview for their passport request. However if she was a male being sponsored those in general take way longer, like me for example my husband had his interview 7 months ago and we are still waiting for that golden email asking for his passport yep its been 7 months! so oul allahhh and good luck!
sweetstrawberry said:
jtannous i would also like to add is that after her interview she will get either a good vibe or a bad vibe (inshallah only good) they usually will let her know right away how she did in the interview. Inshallah kheir and all the good things come your way!
Masriixo said:
If your interview is long away (after a month) I would highly request that you apply for your ATIP notes. This way you can better prepare your wife for the interview and you can see exactly why the officer asked for an interview and prepare as needed. Applying for notes it fairly easily you need to pay $5 , attach a consent form. ((There's more information of how to apply for notes somewhere on this forum))

Goodluck :)
Masriixo / sweetstrawberry , thank you both soooo much!

i dont know if i will order the ATIP notes, as i feel it will take long to them, probably after the interview is done. but either way, i have questions list from immigration lawyer for practice. do any of you need them? i can send them to you! and do you have any suggestions for the interview?

hopefully we will have a good vibe after the interview. I just dont understand 1 thing... what more could we do to show them genuine relationship, we are married, we had a wedding, we sent the proof of her with my family and myself, and talking to me and my family everyday! so really there is nothing more i can show them... anyways, nchalla kheir!

Oulo Allah w bass. thank you so much

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
jtannous, the interview is like a test of how well your spouse knows about you, so look at these questions answer each one of them and shell be ok. Hope it helps

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
2. How did you meet your spouse?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What does your spouse do for a living?
5. Where did your spouse go to school'?
6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?
8. Where does your spouse work?
9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. Does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?
13. Where does your spouse live?
14. Whom does your spouse live with?
15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?
16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
17. What is your and spouse religion?
18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
21. What type of music do you enjoy?
22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
25. What kind of books do you read?
26. What kind of books does your spouse read?
27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
29. Was your marriage arranged?
30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
32. Where was it held?
33. When was it held?
34. Describe the ceremony?
35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
36. When did you get married?
37. Where did you get married?
38. Who was at the wedding?
39. What family members were there?
40. How many people were at the ceremony?
41. What day was the ceremony held on?
42. Who performed the ceremony?
43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
46. Were any friends present?
47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
53. Who was present at the reception?
54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and
reception?
64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.
65. What relatives do you have in Canada?
66. What are their names and where do they live?
67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?
72. Why did you marry your spouse?
74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
76. How do you correspond with your spouse?
77. How often do you talk on the phone?
78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
81. Does your spouse support you financially?
82. Do you support your spouse financially?
83. If I refuse this application what will you do?
84. When and where did you live together?
85. Development of your relationship after very first day?
86. Why didn’t you get married to someone from India??, why to someone from Canada?
87. Personal life of sponsor, school, colleges, courses, work and all important dates such as, date of moving to Canada, date of leaving Canada and entering India.
88. If she is pregnant or not, if not, why not ?
89. Detailed information about her parents
90. Engagement, marriage and reception, who attended and who didnt, if not why?
91 About rituals in religious ceremony and number of guests?
92. Future plans?
93. What kind of job, you are looking for?
94. What side of bed, you sleep on?
95 Where did ur spouse propose u , what time was it ? And how ?
96. When n where did u first time got intimate with your spouse ?
97. What contraceptives did u use ?
98. Her birthdate, her education details, her parents, sister info..etc etc..
99. When and where did you get married?
100.What trips to went to?

ahma

Apr 11, 2016
hello

I checked my status online it says decion made for sponsorship and on the other side its still in process for permanent residence?
anybody knows exactly what I should expect?

Regards,

mhdhas

May 25, 2016
Ahma your case is similar to mine they send me email in 15 of july that my application is under regular security check and after 6 weeks they resend email that my application is under regular security check and they cant provide me with time frame for this process since the verifications are conducted by Canada Border Service Agency and its been 4 weeks with no correspondence and i checked the process for my application last week and its same as you that my sponsorship application decision made and the permanent visa still in process and when i did the interview the visa officer told me that security verifications should take from 1 week till 2 month and then they should request for the passport. So i think that our applications still in security verifications in canada border agency and when they finish they will request for the passport but all what we hope that it will not take this long time anymore its been 2 month and 1 week since they send me first email that my application is under regular security verifications and 4 weeks since the 2nd email that my application still in security verifications in Canada Border Agency..
So i hope that we will hear any correspondence soon.
Regards

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
mhdhas said:
Do anyone knows how much time it should take for the security check to be completed?
The average time is about 4-6 weeks. That being said. Everyone is different. My husband for instance has traveled and lived in 3 countries. So I know it'll take longer.