+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Has anyone tried to re-schedule an interview?

My wife was requested for an interview next week, but she is in the US now. It will be difficult to come back in time for the interview.

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
An applicant since November 26 2015 and still waiting..i know for sure that my file is in the background check since i emailed the embassy in Beirut and they told me that its undergoing background and security check ( which is a long process) ..my background check since August ..anyway i guess the guys who travelled before or who did military service before have to wait a little longer ..lucky me i did mandatory military service and i travelled to a few countries before :-\

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
BilalAyb said:
An applicant since November 26 2015 and still waiting..i know for sure that my file is in the background check since i emailed the embassy in Beirut and they told me that its undergoing background and security check ( which is a long process) ..my background check since August ..anyway i guess the guys who travelled before or who did military service before have to wait a little longer ..lucky me i did mandatory military service and i travelled to a few countries before :-\
We are all in the same boat. We applied before you and we are still waiting too.. out of curiosity, what was exactly their reply after you contacted them? We are really confused why we should wait for nearly 2 years! So lengthy and frustrating process

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Moon_115 said:
We are all in the same boat. We applied before you and we are still waiting too.. out of curiosity, what was exactly their reply after you contacted them? We are really confused why we should wait for nearly 2 years! So lengthy and frustrating process

I applied to sponsor my husband in March 2015 ! It has been two years and they have been doing background check from August also :( it is so hard and painful to wait
Some people only wait a few months and here we are 2 years later and still notbing

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
Nothing yet for me.

What about the others?
I applied in March 2015 and still nothing. It is at background check and we did the re medicals in august !

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Moon_115

Their reply was that they can't give me a time frame since my application is undergoing security check and its conducted by the CBSA ( Canada Boarder Services Agency) ..which has nothing to do with the embassy...so all u guys who are emailing and contacting the embassy in Beirut, its not their fault, the background check is conducted by another agency once they done, if you background check is clean and good to go CBSA will contact the embassy and give them the green light and u get ur visa right after ..the background check can take from a month to a year and sometimes more.

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Btw i know a guy it took him 3 and half yr before he got ppr , he told me after 3 yrs they noticed there was an error in the sponsors application ( his wife ) ..he is in Canada now from September 2016 but he had to wait 3 and half yrs lol not trying to scare anyone .. :p

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
BilalAyb said:
Btw i know a guy it took him 3 and half yr before he got ppr , he told me after 3 yrs they noticed there was an error in the sponsors application ( his wife ) ..he is in Canada now from September 2016 but he had to wait 3 and half yrs lol not trying to scare anyone .. :p
OMG ! 3 years ! Wow i just lost all hope :(they told me the exact same thing that they told you . My hsuband's application is also undergoing background and security. I applied in March 2015. I dont understand how it works really.. because my friend applied in AUGUST 2016 and ber husband got his visa! Her application took 5 months and she is sponsoring also from the same country.
Now that you told me about the guy of 3 years i lost hope that I would see my husband anytime soon :(

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Moon_115 said:
23 months so far for me and I dunno I feel it will take forever. I am really speechless! My spouse and I are suffering and they should find a solution for our applications.

Same here! 23 months will be exactly two years next month and I have 3 kids from my husband and it is taking so long!

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fjay said:
I applied to sponsor my husband in March 2015 ! It has been two years and they have been doing background check from August also :( it is so hard and painful to wait
Some people only wait a few months and here we are 2 years later and still notbing

Security check started August 2015 or August 2016?

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
mooon_23 said:
Security check started August 2015 or August 2016?
No i applied in March 2015. Security i think started August 2016. I dont really know how you can find out exactly when the security started but I am guessing since they asked for re medicals in August 2016 and we sent it right away. So i guess they started the Security check right after?
I wonder if they will ask for a third medical :(

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Fjay

Don't lose hope, his case was delayed bc there was an error his his wife sponsor application, so it was a special case ..did ur husband travel? Or live in other countries? ..
I am actually wondering if we could contact canada Boarder Services Agency , maybe they just have our applications done and its forgotten there in their storage.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
BilalAyb said:
Fjay

Don't lose hope, his case was delayed bc there was an error his his wife sponsor application, so it was a special case ..did ur husband travel? Or live in other countries? ..
I am actually wondering if we could contact canada Boarder Services Agency , maybe they just have our applications done and its forgotten there in their storage.
Yes he travelled to two countries. But i also read somewhere this man he didnt travel anywhere and his application was taking forever. So I dont think it has to do with how many countries you travel to.
I thought of also contracting the CBSA but i was not really sure if it was possible or if we can intervene?
I spoke to my member of Parliament and she contacted the embassy and they told her the same thing. My lawyer emailed them and they replied saying that these background checks can take up to more than 12 months. I was shocked honestly. Do they not realize that this is extremely hard for families to be apart for this long especially if there are kids involved.

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fjay said:
No i applied in March 2015. Security i think started August 2016. I dont really know how you can find out exactly when the security started but I am guessing since they asked for re medicals in August 2016 and we sent it right away. So i guess they started the Security check right after?
I wonder if they will ask for a third medical :(
No security checks start right after criminality has passed. So in your notes its the date criminality was updated.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
mooon_23 said:
No security checks start right after criminality has passed. So in your notes its the date criminality was updated.
I have not ordered my GCMS notes but we also did another criminality with the re medical so it will be the same thing, August 2016.