+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut FAM applicants forwarded to CPP-Ottawa

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
lebcan said:
Hi guyss

just wanted to tell you that I got my VISIT visa today!! It is a multiple entry visa! Will be joining my husband in the summer and maximum wait for the PR there! Nchalla akid we take it before then..I really advise you to try the visit visa if you can!
hi lebcan,

i'm applying for my wife visit visa by end of this week .. how long did it take for you to get your visa and did you apply for multiple entry visa from the first time ?

thanks

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
hyh said:
hi lebcan,

i'm applying for my wife visit visa by end of this week .. how long did it take for you to get your visa and did you apply for multiple entry visa from the first time ?

thanks
hi hyh

I applied on March 17 and got the passport yesterday...No, I didn't apply for multiple from the first time..this is my third time..the first two times a applied for single, I got it, went to canada then came back..this is the 3rd time..

When did you apply for ur wife's PR? Can u share with us ur timeline?

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
Wilderness said:
It might be because it's still too soon and they haven't added your information to the website yet. Give them a couple of months.
thank you Wilderness....just thought that it would show something like sponsorship approved awaiting receipt in Beirut :( yalla the waiting game begins

Good luck :D

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
lebcan said:
hi hyh

I applied on March 17 and got the passport yesterday...No, I didn't apply for multiple from the first time..this is my third time..the first two times a applied for single, I got it, went to canada then came back..this is the 3rd time..

When did you apply for ur wife's PR? Can u share with us ur timeline?
hi lebcan,

Application sent 21 Aug 2013 (CPP-ottawa)
AOR recieved 02 Sep 2013
File transfer to beirut 22 Oct 2013

I PMed arab21 yesterday to get a copy of his invitation letter and will wait for his reply to file the visit visa application for my wife .. what do you think guys ? do we have a chance to get a visit visa or it will be a waste of time ? please note that my wife have a 5 years valid US visa and recently she had a schengen visa as well ...
I landed back in Jan 2011 and settle down in Canada July 2013 ...

Thanks for your input guys

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
Letter has been sent to your email.

hyh said:
hi lebcan,

AOR recieved 02 Sep 2013

I PMed arab21 yesterday to get a copy of his invitation letter and will wait for his reply to file the visit visa application for my wife .. what do you think guys ? do we have a chance to get a visit visa or it will be a waste of time ? please note that my wife have a 5 years valid US visa and recently she had a schengen visa as well ...

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
hyh said:
hi lebcan,

AOR recieved 02 Sep 2013

Hi hyh,

If your wife has strong ties to come back such as a job or university etc... then why not? The last two times i applied i was married and my husband is the one who sent the invitation and although many would say that it is hard and i can see their point but i got it. I have a job and i am finishing my masters... you have to show that yes my wife is visiting but she will be back for such and such...give it a try why not...also having a travel history would help i guess...mind you, one thing i was asked about it and which is not in the application checklist is A PROOF OF SPONSORSHIP which i guess they ask to make sue you applied for PR , so we sent them the receipt that we payed and the sponsor approval..include it if you want as well..GOOD LUCK..keep us updated :))

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
hyh said:
thank you arab21 .. I will proceed with the application today after work ... wish me luck
Hello,
Please fill out this form and send it to me as PM so I can add it to the spreadsheet

Username:

App initially sent to CPP-O (1/0):

Sex of Principal Applicant (Sponsored person):

Number of Citizen Canadian Children:

Number of Sponsored Children:

Number of countries PA lived in for more than 6 months including Lebanon:

Destination Province:

Current Visa Office:

Medicals Done (MM/DD/YYYY):

Application Sent (MM/DD/YYYY):

Application Received by CIC (MM/DD/YYYY):

Stage 1 AOR (MM/DD/YYYY):

Sponsorship Approval (MM/DD/YYYY):

AOR from Visa Office/File transfered to Beirut (MM/DD/YYYY):

Interview or additional documentation requested (MM/DD/YYYY):

ECAS changes to In process:

Passport Requested (MM/DD/YYYY):

ECAS changes decision made:

Visa Received (MM/DD/YYYY):

Landed (MM/DD/YYYY):

Notes: known causes for delay, other issues / anomalies:

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
chris_z77 said:
Hello,
Please fill out this form and send it to me as PM so I can add it to the spreadsheet

Username:

App initially sent to CPP-O (1/0):

Sex of Principal Applicant (Sponsored person):

Number of Citizen Canadian Children:

Number of Sponsored Children:

Number of countries PA lived in for more than 6 months including Lebanon:

Destination Province:

Current Visa Office:

Medicals Done (MM/DD/YYYY):

Application Sent (MM/DD/YYYY):

Application Received by CIC (MM/DD/YYYY):

Stage 1 AOR (MM/DD/YYYY):

Sponsorship Approval (MM/DD/YYYY):

AOR from Visa Office/File transfered to Beirut (MM/DD/YYYY):

Interview or additional documentation requested (MM/DD/YYYY):

ECAS changes to In process:

Passport Requested (MM/DD/YYYY):

ECAS changes decision made:

Visa Received (MM/DD/YYYY):

Landed (MM/DD/YYYY):

Notes: known causes for delay, other issues / anomalies:
Hi chris .. will forward you the requested information in the weekend ..
On the other hand I need your help guys with the file notes .. I received my sponsorship file notes yesterday and It's 64 pages document .. so where do I extract the useful info from ? or how to read that file ? appreciate your inputs .. thanks

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
hyh said:
Hi chris .. will forward you the requested information in the weekend ..
On the other hand I need your help guys with the file notes .. I received my sponsorship file notes yesterday and It's 64 pages document .. so where do I extract the useful info from ? or how to read that file ? appreciate your inputs .. thanks
Hi there,

Check page# 2 Assessments: elgibility, criminality and medical. Also Application assignment due dates- any additional notes the VO wrote on your application. My notes are only 41 pages - things you might want to check are names, birth dates, phone numbers email addresses to make sure all the information they have about you and your sponsor are correct. Check the Eligibilty Assesment section on page 7, Security page 8, Criminality page 9 and Medical page 10 - Usually you should look for due dates and statuses of these assesments - are they passed? not started? etc... on the last pages they should have all the notes they sent and some notes that VO officer has on your application.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have further questions.

Good luck

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi there,

Check page# 2 Assessments: elgibility, criminality and medical. Also Application assignment due dates- any additional notes the VO wrote on your application. My notes are only 41 pages - things you might want to check are names, birth dates, phone numbers email addresses to make sure all the information they have about you and your sponsor are correct. Check the Eligibilty Assesment section on page 7, Security page 8, Criminality page 9 and Medical page 10 - Usually you should look for due dates and statuses of these assesments - are they passed? not started? etc... on the last pages they should have all the notes they sent and some notes that VO officer has on your application.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have further questions.

Good luck
thanks Canadian_Leb for your feedback .. the report turn out to be 34 pages only .. i scanned through it and the status are:

1- Eligibility : not started - Due date : 29/08/2014
2- Security : not started - Due date : 28/09/2013 ??
3- Criminality : not started - Due date : 28/09/2013 ??
4- Medical : Passed - Valid till : 16/09/2014

i dont understand the due date of security and criminality (28/09/2013) .. could you guys explain it to me please ..
And on the last page, there is a note from the officer that the sponsor (me) is unemployed .. however I started working back in 02/12/2013 (after I submitted the application) so should i update this information ? and how can i updated it (email, letter ??) ..
thank you guys for your input .

if it helps, I sent the sponsorship application on 21/08/2013, Sponsorship approval 29/08/2013 and application transferred to Beirut 22/10/2013

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
hyh said:
thanks Canadian_Leb for your feedback .. the report turn out to be 34 pages only .. i scanned through it and the status are:

1- Eligibility : not started - Due date : 29/08/2014
2- Security : not started - Due date : 28/09/2013 ??
3- Criminality : not started - Due date : 28/09/2013 ??
4- Medical : Passed - Valid till : 16/09/2014

i don't understand the due date of security and criminality (28/09/2013) .. could you guys explain it to me please ..
And on the last page, there is a note from the officer that the sponsor (me) is unemployed .. however I started working back in 02/12/2013 (after I submitted the application) so should i update this information ? and how can i updated it (email, letter ??) ..
thank you guys for your input .

if it helps, I sent the sponsorship application on 21/08/2013, Sponsorship approval 29/08/2013 and application transferred to Beirut 22/10/2013

Due dates are usually bring forward dates, they are like reminders so your application do not get forgotten, usually things get moving before the due date except for things that are related to other agencies than the Canadian embassy, for example security and criminality. Example, if they did not receive criminality and security before the due date they will ask for them again ( not from you, but from the agency that is supposed to look at).
They should take a look at your app and updated before the due date on the eligibility.

About the employment, YES!!! you should definitely tell them about that, especially if you are in Canada. Either by e-mail, mail or fax.

hyh

Dec 28, 2010
chris_z77 said:
Due dates are usually bring forward dates, they are like reminders so your application do not get forgotten, usually things get moving before the due date except for things that are related to other agencies than the Canadian embassy, for example security and criminality. Example, if they did not receive criminality and security before the due date they will ask for them again ( not from you, but from the agency that is supposed to look at).
They should take a look at your app and updated before the due date on the eligibility.

About the employment, YES!!! you should definitely tell them about that, especially if you are in Canada. Either by e-mail, mail or fax.
but how come the due date for security and criminality is back in Sept 2013 and the status is not started ?? So - if i understand you correctly - the Canadian embassy initiated the process back in Sept 2013 and still waiting for results to come in ??

Should I call CIC to update my employment status or I should email beirut embassy directly ? i'm planing to call CIC Monday and get their recommendations on how to update my employment status..
thank you guys for a the great info and support

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hi everyone,

I have an update. I got my notes today. They are extracted from the system on March 17th, 2014.

The major update on them is eligibility: passed with some notes - lots of notes mainly:
"File referred to KZ"
"No adverse information. Docs and notes reviewed. Marriage appears genuine. I am satisfied with bonafides and relationship. ... Passed Eligibility"

Due Date on the application was 2014/03/23

I might need to order new notes!!!!

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi everyone,

I have an update. I got my notes today. They are extracted from the system on March 17th, 2014.

The major update on them is eligibility: passed with some notes - lots of notes mainly:
"File referred to KZ"
"No adverse information. Docs and notes reviewed. Marriage appears genuine. I am satisfied with bonafides and relationship. ... Passed Eligibility"

Due Date on the application was 2014/03/23

I might need to order new notes!!!!

You should have in process on ecas