02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
TSI said:
Congrats Alesco! I honestly don't know how you were able to go through this for so long! I am starting to consider transferring to the Middle East!

Canadian_Leb, this is great news, I really hope you get that request very very soon if not already received!

General comment,

My wife just received an email requesting updated Police Certificates from the two countries she's lived at for more than 6 months as well as new Medical exams. Judging from much of the responses here, this process seems to be incredibly random, since for most folks, the embassy simply extended the results passed their due date.

I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing that there is a process they are following, but I am seeing more and more evidence that this process seems random ...

I also found something a little odd/confusing: They requested that the results be returned to them through replying to the email they sent, but then at the bottom of the email they have "N.B: We do not accept submission of documents by email. (except for the filled out forms)". Unfortunately my wife is currently outside of Lebanon (along with her family), so we have to figure out a way for her to get everything redone asap.

I know alot of this was covered in previous messages of this thread, but does anyone know the approximate time it would take before they ask for interview after they received the updated medical and police certificates?

I really thought/hoped they would just ask for an interview, but somehow, our luck hasn't been the best one and now we must go through the resubmission. I guess from a positive perspective, this shows progress, but I was hoping it would be faster ...

Thanks all for your continued support and good luck!

Hi TSI,

I honestly find it very weird that they ask for medicals again if u need an interview. .how did u know u will have an interview? From the notes?
Cz if they ask for re medical I would assume your wife is approved or else they would have the interview and then depending on that ask for medicals...just my thoughts about this

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Also did you get new set of notes to see what is happening?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hi TSI,

Just like you said at least they are working on your file. El hamdullilah. May Allah give us all patience.

You know what I find frustrating is they keep you uniformed of what they are doing. How long ago did your wife have her first medical done?

I am thinking maybe the interview wasnt te final decision on eligibility. They are couple of officers that assess that so maybe the second officer waived the interview.

I really hope so. I suggest that you order new set of notes :)

Good luck to everyone w Inshallah el faraj 2areeb to all of us.

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi TSI,

Just like you said at least they are working on your file. El hamdullilah. May Allah give us all patience.

You know what I find frustrating is they keep you uniformed of what they are doing. How long ago did your wife have her first medical done?

I am thinking maybe the interview wasnt te final decision on eligibility. They are couple of officers that assess that so maybe the second officer waived the interview.

I really hope so. I suggest that you order new set of notes :)

Good luck to everyone w Inshallah el faraj 2areeb to all of us.

You guys are always so awesome at making me feel better, even if it's just wishful thinking :)

I ordered the notes and they were supposed to come in today (ordered April 28th), but that didn't occur, I will give them a couple of days and then send them a reminder request, or maybe wait until my wife sends all the new udpates and then remind them of their delay (last time they delayed as well, and ended up sending me a response that came out the day I sent them the reminder and asked!)

My wife's medicals were done in either late January or early February of 2013 (so they are over a year old), but it just seemed like they were extending everyone's medical results.

Correct, we found out about the possibility of requiring an interview through the Notes, where one entry was "Recommend Interview" citing a couple of reasons behind that recommendation, but, to the point made, I also remember an entry indicating that the case needs to be reviewed by another officer (not specifying who) and it was mostly due to the application having "lived outside Lebanon".

I sure hope that the Interview recommendation doesn't hold as my wife is still having nightmares about it, and will gladly wait a month longer to get that waived! But I am not taking that for granted...

Thanks again guys!!!

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Hello guys,

TSI me and you ordered the noted on the same day, I received mine just now and I am sharing the most important points.

My notes were extracted the 29th of April, before our status updated to in process.

1- Eligibility is now in progress, Security and Criminality still not started.
2- Eligibility is "Recommend passed" which probably means no interview for us(updated April 22nd)
3- A long note summarizing how we met

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
chris_z77 said:
Hello guys,

TSI me and you ordered the noted on the same day, I received mine just now and I am sharing the most important points.

My notes were extracted the 29th of April, before our status updated to in process.

2- Eligibility is "Recommend passed" which probably means no interview for us(updated April 22nd)
Hi chris,

Did they mention anything about the medicals?

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
chris_z77 said:
Hello guys,

Chris, all!!!!

I am sorry I am extremely excited right now, so I am going to say it. I love you, I love you I love you all!!!!! (Yes, I am a guy, and Yes I do get overly emotional during this trying process! :-D )

Just received the notes as well! and it appears that your suggestion might actually be accurate on the Interview and the update request!! It appears that they may have pulled away from requesting the Interview. I haven't gone through the full notes yet, but two quick updates:

- Eligibility is now PASSED!!! (Conditional) - I am guessing conditional on the updated medical/security request
- In the notes it says that the officer is "Satisfied with bonafides of relationship"

Security and Criminality still says NOT STARTED. While Medical still say PASSED but Expired.

If this is truly the case, it's very welcome and is going to truly help my wife get some rest!

Thank you all so much again!

PS: For the spreadsheet tracker. Our request for additional/updated info can be updated to May 27, 2014

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
TSI said:
Chris, all!!!!

I am sorry I am extremely excited right now, so I am going to say it. I love you, I love you I love you all!!!!! (Yes, I am a guy, and Yes I do get overly emotional during this trying process! :-D )

Just received the notes as well! and it appears that your suggestion might actually be accurate on the Interview and the update request!! It appears that they may have pulled away from requesting the Interview. I haven't gone through the full notes yet, but two quick updates:

- Eligibility is now PASSED!!! (Conditional) - I am guessing conditional on the updated medical/security request
- In the notes it says that the officer is "Satisfied with bonafides of relationship"

Security and Criminality still says NOT STARTED. While Medical still say PASSED but Expired.

If this is truly the case, it's very welcome and is going to truly help my wife get some rest!

Thank you all so much again!

PS: For the spreadsheet tracker. Our request for additional/updated info can be updated to May 27, 2014

heyy

see, told you its not logical to ask for re medical unless they won't do an interview!
Great news!

Prob criminality not started because they just asked for ur wife's police certificates!!

Good luck!!

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hi TSI,

That's great news. Congrats - I know how it feels when you get these great news. Thats awesome. They can't recommend an interview and over 3 months later they have not even called you to do one.

Im so happy for all of you. Are you sure that security is not started. Do you have blanks when they write notes. If they asked you to redo medical then security checks should be done.
I thought they only request a second medical once everything else is ready. I understand why criminality is not started because the PC is out of date just like in my case :)

El hamdullilah anyway... I am glad that your wife does not have to go through an interview w inshallah we keep hearing these great news

Inshallah soon we start getting those visas so we can start celebrate :)

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
Canadian_Leb said:
Hi TSI,

That's great news. Congrats - I know how it feels when you get these great news. Thats awesome. They can't recommend an interview and over 3 months later they have not even called you to do one.

Im so happy for all of you. Are you sure that security is not started. Do you have blanks when they write notes. If they asked you to redo medical then security checks should be done.
I thought they only request a second medical once everything else is ready. I understand why criminality is not started because the PC is out of date just like in my case :)

El hamdullilah anyway... I am glad that your wife does not have to go through an interview w inshallah we keep hearing these great news

Inshallah soon we start getting those visas so we can start celebrate :)
Thanks Canadian_Leb! It certainly seems that way about the Interview going bye bye :) I finally got a chance to review the Notes more closely. The newest notes state the following:

FOSS Completed, previous TRV refusal. No other adverse information. I am satisfied with bonafides of relationship. Eligibility past. REQUIRE: New PC for Lebanon and (other country), extension of medicals.

Updates in the other sections are:

ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
Conditional: Yes
Satus: Passed

SECURITY (no updates since the prior Notes, has the date and most fields are filled in):

CRIMINALITY (no updates since the prior Notes, has the date and most fields are filled in):

MEDICAL (no updates since the prior Notes)
Validity Date: 2014/02/04
IME Status: Assessed
Reason For Closure: Granted
Description: No health impairment. No surveillance required.

Not sure why they asked us to redo the medicals when we passed and the recommendation in the notes was to simply extend the results .... Also, just found out that the price for medical exam doubled (to roughly $500) where my wife currently is (Not Lebanon).

Thanks again and good luck to all!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hi there :)
these are for my friend i d like to share her timeline with u so u can add it to the table
( she is not in this forum coz she doesnt speak english but i am helping her as much as i can to understand her ecas and the whole processing thing and i will keep u updated with her application progress)

female
ontario
no kids
Medicals done june 21 , 2013
Application sent july 19 , 2013
Application received on july 30 ,2013
AOR/sponsorship approval august 14 , 2013
Application sent to Beirut october 22 , 2013
interview requested may 26 , 2014 ( u already know the reason)

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Congrats TSI, wish you the best of luck mate!

Quick question, where did your wife live for more than 6 months other than Lebanon?

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Guys one more thing i need your opinion on:

They asked me to bring along with proof of relationship:
1. Updated police certificate
2. My passport

Please someone tell me why would they ask for my passport, is this a good thing :):):)?!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Soon_Canadian said:
Guys one more thing i need your opinion on:

They asked me to bring along with proof of relationship:
1. Updated police certificate
2. My passport

Please someone tell me why would they ask for my passport, is this a good thing :):):)?!
yay good news :)
i guess yes this is a good thing inshalah otherwise why would they ask for the passport :) inshala this time u gona leave the embassy with ur passport stamped :)

Adam992

Nov 17, 2013
Hey everyone hope you're all doing great
so after sending the embassy copys of my wife's passport for proof of renewel as they requested on March 13 my ecas changed 2 days ago from decision made back to in process I hope that's not a bad thing