+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

being sponsored by my wife on the last stage of pr we are getting separated

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
My wife and I got married last year while i was on a valid closed work permit , just before my permit was over we sent the application for pr and owp then came back to my home country to not exeed my authorised time given by cic ( didnt know about implied status)
then when back home applied for a travel document got approved and came back to canada. i soon after found she was cheating on me with several men, i really tried to fix it because i love her but i just cant anymore i just got noticed from cic saying they need info about the places wehere i have lived from the age 18 till now. i have been in a different city cuz i couldnt find a job in the original city where we got married. i want to imform cic im getting separated but i am aware i cant withdarw my aplication and my wife doesnt want to do so. help me please

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your PR hasn't been finalized yet and you haven't landed?

You can, and must, withdraw your application if the relationship has broken down. If you do not, you are commiting immigration fraud.

An applicant can absolutely withdraw the application.

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
Your PR hasn't been finalized yet and you haven't landed?

You can, and must, withdraw your application if the relationship has broken down. If you do not, you are commiting immigration fraud.

An applicant can absolutely withdraw the application.
can i close my pr application stating im getting separated just days before the will take a final decision? if so can i send and explanatory letter explaining why ? is my owp going to get revoked? im on a valid visitor permit will i lose it too? help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
can i close my pr application stating im getting separated just days before the will take a final decision? if so can i send and explanatory letter explaining why ? is my owp going to get revoked? im on a valid visitor permit will i lose it too? help
You can send that letter at any time, or even at the landing interview, where you would be asked if the relationship was still valid.

The OWP will expire when it expires, it should not be revoked nor should your TRV.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You do not have PR until you land. You can withdraw at any time until then.

It is better if you send a webform now and tell IRCC that the relationship has broken down and you wish to withdraw.

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
If you get COPR, you also cannot land as a PR if the relationship has broken down.
Im in canada on a valid visitor permit , on a open work pe
You do not have PR until you land. You can withdraw at any time until then.

It is better if you send a webform now and tell IRCC that the relationship has broken down and you wish to withdraw.
What do you mean by land. Im in canada and is an inland application. Im already here , should i wait for when they call for an interview or should i send the letter explaining now or should i wait till they call for an interview?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Landing for an inland application is an interview at the local IRCC office. That is your absolute last opportunity to withdraw.

You are better to send the webform withdrawing your application now.

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
Send the letter now, like I've said a few times. You will feel better about it.
what do you suggest i specifically say on my letter . should i say my wife was unfaithfull to me and i been trying to work things out despite that.

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
Landing for an inland application is an interview at the local IRCC office. That is your absolute last opportunity to withdraw.

ok got it , will this affect any other pr attempt later on? will this affect if lets say my sister applies for a work permit with a job offer? or im ok if i withdarw it and exlain my reasons even just days before the make a final decision. im very frustraded ofcourse i feel tempted to not say anything but i just cant i need to act thruthfull is just not me to lie

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019

can i reapply later as express entry ? will this affect me for later on . or any member of my family? my sister just got a job offer shes a baker and she will apply for work permit, if i withdarw my application can it affect her? im sorry for bothering u and im so thankful for ur replies thank

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also mention that you aren’t living together so don’t qualify for inland. Also it seems you spent time out of Canada after applying for PR and OWP which could also lead to refusal of your application if you left for over 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: k.h.p.