+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Be your own boss - my personal experience

Bessem

Dec 27, 2015
I was lucky to find a job after 1,5 months form landing in Mississauga, but now I left my job and I'm enjoying working my own time and at my own terms and get some free time for my family.
I started driving for Uber/Lyft and other similar companies and I didn't even had to buy a car, I got it from a local business and I had to pay them a small fixed amount for it (including insurance and maintenance) and every thing above that amount is mine, I was making around 4,000 per month income.
Let me know if anyone enjoyed this experience like me.

Jimoftime

Jan 22, 2019
Hey thanks for sharing you story. What job did you find after langind in Mississauga? What type of uber car did you find and how much does it cost per week ? Thanks

Bessem

Dec 27, 2015
hi, I worked as recruiter in Toronto, between transportation from Mississauga and food, I barely finish the month. this company have ford focus and you pay them 280 per week including taxes and the rest is yours. you're still going to pay your own income taxes after that but it's still better.

Reactions: Jimoftime

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi, I worked as recruiter in Toronto, between transportation from Mississauga and food, I barely finish the month. this company have ford focus and you pay them 280 per week including taxes and the rest is yours. you're still going to pay your own income taxes after that but it's still better.
You have to pay gst and income tax. Be careful people. Never trust people until you have done your own research.