+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Work Permit Extension

ejsr13

Mar 8, 2018
Hi there,

I got nominated back in December 2019 and I send my application to CIC on January 2020.
I received AOR in February and a biometric letter the same day.
In June I received a "Pre-arrival services" letter and my application is at 41% so far.

My PGWP expires on February 16, 2021, and I want to apply for a work permit extension.

My question is. Do I need to get the support letter for work permit extension from BC PNP people? or can I apply for the bridging work permit directly to CIC without the support letter?

Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
the cic website doesnt mention anything about support letter
So basically you can apply for bridging open work permit if you got AOR for pr application and it’s under process. U have to attach your pnp certificate, all documents for work permit online including your AOR for application and apply for open work. You can apply any time before expiring.

Reactions: ejsr13

ejsr13

Mar 8, 2018
So basically you can apply for bridging open work permit if you got AOR for pr application and it’s under process. U have to attach your pnp certificate, all documents for work permit online including your AOR for application and apply for open work. You can apply any time before expiring.
ok makes sense. Yes, I have the AOR.

Cayo Amorim

Sep 16, 2021
Hi there, my case is quite different.

- I got my province nomination
- I have applied to PR in paper based, not received yet
- My work permit is linked to my college (co op) and will expire in 6 months

Should I wait two more months to apply for BOWP or can I apply for an extension?

- I am in co op college, so my WP is linked to my college. I would need to set a new employee to my new WP.

Reactions: dreamerx10kadost

dreamerx10kadost

Jul 24, 2019
Hi there,

I got nominated back in December 2019 and I send my application to CIC on January 2020.
I received AOR in February and a biometric letter the same day.
In June I received a "Pre-arrival services" letter and my application is at 41% so far.

My PGWP expires on February 16, 2021, and I want to apply for a work permit extension.

My question is. Do I need to get the support letter for work permit extension from BC PNP people? or can I apply for the bridging work permit directly to CIC without the support letter?

Thanks
Hey how long it to takes to get nominated?? I applied in International Postgraduate Stream

dreamerx10kadost

Jul 24, 2019
Hi there, my case is quite different.

- I got my province nomination
- I have applied to PR in paper based, not received yet
- My work permit is linked to my college (co op) and will expire in 6 months

Should I wait two more months to apply for BOWP or can I apply for an extension?

- I am in co op college, so my WP is linked to my college. I would need to set a new employee to my new WP.
Hi, i applied for BC PNP last month. Would you tell me please, how long it takes to get the decision ? Thanks