+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot 2020 - What's your status?

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
so i have a particular situation.
I applied before the covid when the number of employees was more than necessary. After that the number became lower then 5 but (this is the point) it was really temporary, the company was in a good shape and my employer was sure to retake everyone in max 2 months.

But at the end of may i received an e-mail asking for changing in my work situation, chancing that i didn't have because i wasn't lay off and everything was normal (for me at least).
Now the last week they replied asking for more informations and they wanted the list of employees with pay, position, ecc and obviously we sent the new list with less people.
My employer sent a letter explaining that the next week (literally July 1) everyone will come back, so it's really a technicality.

The point is that i was already on implied status when i applied at the banning of the year, so i could't retire this application and wait only for that.

Literally 1 more week and we could sent the same 8-people list we sent originally.
And i want to clarify that my situation (my hours, my position ecc) didn't change in any way during all the time.

So, do you think they'll be strict about it?

Hi did you get any update??

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
What documents you emailed them ?? Did you get nomination??
Yes

they asked for:
- a list of all the employees with pay,hours of work, etc.
-a letter with an explanation for the difference in the number of employees (because like I said the list we sent pre-Covid was different).
-a letter with a couple of words on my position. Why they hired me, what I'm doing etc
-wage statement of the last months.

3-4 days after we sent everything I got nominated

Ghayer91

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Yes

they asked for:
- a list of all the employees with pay,hours of work, etc.
-a letter with an explanation for the difference in the number of employees (because like I said the list we sent pre-Covid was different).
-a letter with a couple of words on my position. Why they hired me, what I'm doing etc
-wage statement of the last months.

3-4 days after we sent everything I got nominated
Congratulations...now i got little positivity

navneetdhanoa

Jul 15, 2020
BCPNP Tech Pilot

Registered 8th June 2020
Invitation 9th June 2020
Submit Application 7th July 2020
Document Request 9th July 2020
Documents Submission 13th July 2020
Current Status In Process

Can you tell me how much time it will take to approve BCPNP after submission of documents?

Last edited:

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Anybody got nominations or verification calls this week, please update!
Also share timelines for the sake of everyone.. thanks :)

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Did you get nominated on same day as you sent them documents??
No like i said after 3-4 days after the documents.

If you want this is my timeline and story:

Registered 24th March 2020
Invitation 30th March 2020
Submit Application 29th April 2020
Additional Documents Request 30th April 2020
Additional Documents Submission 4th May 2020

On May 26th i received an e-mail form the BC PNP where they said that because of the COVID a lot of "job situations" are changing, if i was in that situation (lay off, less hours, etc) i had until June 10th to communicate everything to them.
I was fine (if we don't count that small problem with the number of employees) so i simply waited for june 10.

Additional Documents Request 12th June 2020
Additional Documents Submission 28th June 2020
Nomination 2th July

As you can see there's a lot of time between some documents request and my response but that was intentional, i was buying time because i was waiting for my employer to take again some people.

Lopwk

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Congratulations. May I know the next step to apply PR with nominations? Is it select in Express Entry profile with nominations? Or submit paper form?

Hi all,

I registered on 04-Mar-2020,
Got into the pool after two weeks from tech pliot draw.
Submited application and paied $700 on 01-Apr-2020
Score: 104
Class: Skills Immigration Application / International Graduate (normal, not EE)
NOC: 2173
Phone interview on 16-Apr-2020
After paied the fee, I noticed the status turned into in progress.

Today I got a call from Vancouver, at 12:16 p.m. from BC PNP program. The person asked a couple of questions like the addess where do I work, who is my manager, where is the location of my manager, when did I start my potition, etc. Will keep posting updates.

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
following this thread

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Congratulations. May I know the next step to apply PR with nominations? Is it select in Express Entry profile with nominations? Or submit paper form?
Thank you! My next step is paper based application. I don't recommand you to do the paper based one as it is too slow during this COVID-19 thing. Unless you can't fulfill the EE requirements.

Lopwk

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Is the online form available after getting the nomination?

Thank you! My next step is paper based application. I don't recommand you to do the paper based one as it is too slow during this COVID-19 thing. Unless you can't fulfill the EE requirements.