+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP: International Post-Graduate category

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And where is that stated? On the provincial nomination certificate/letter? You are saying that it states whether language testing is required or not?

Thanks
The link I provided show the federal instructions that if you meet the eligiblity PR requirements then you are okay. If you don’t need language tests…you say you don’t. The program guide has the requirements for the International Student stream (non EE) and if you meet the requirements from pages 21-23 then you are good. You have read through it so you would know.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Well that is your own read. But not necessarily true. Here is an example: the general SI BC PNP stream fkr woekers does not state language requirements are needed, also does not explicitly state they are not needed. The guide cryptically states that C and D nocs may need language requirements. Nothing mentioned about A and B. Someone mentioned that BC states on the nomination certificate whether language testing is required or not. I am, however, looking for a binding guideline. Not someone's case that might not apply to others.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in but just for the record, you did not provide any clear answer to that and I guess it just means that I am not the only one who cannot find a clear answer to that.

The link I provided show the federal instructions that if you meet the eligiblity PR requirements then you are okay. If you don’t need language tests…you say you don’t. The program guide has the requirements for the International Student stream (non EE) and if you meet the requirements from pages 21-23 then you are good. You have read through it so you would know.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Also, your interpretation is simply false. What it states in YOUR link is that you must meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you, which does not mean that the federal application does never require other factors to be met to qualify and apply. That is where my question originated from. For example, BC pnp does not require a criminal record check. If I was a criminal I could technically still qualify for BC pnp nomination but would fail at the federal level because I do not meet the additional requirements. BC pnp does NOT require a language test to be nominated in the non EE post graduate stream but that does NOT say anything about whether a language test is required for the federal pr application or not. I think you are confused by your incorrect interpretation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also, your interpretation is simply false. What it states in YOUR link is that you must meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you, which does not mean that the federal application does never require other factors to be met to qualify and apply. That is where my question originated from. For example, BC pnp does not require a criminal record check. If I was a criminal I could technically still qualify for BC pnp nomination but would fail at the federal level because I do not meet the additional requirements. BC pnp does NOT require a language test to be nominated in the non EE post graduate stream but that does NOT say anything about whether a language test is required for the federal pr application or not. I think you are confused by your incorrect interpretation.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=641&top=6

Under Q&As

You should check the website of the province you want to nominate you to find out more about whether you need to take a test. There is no mention that you need it unless through EE.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
That link only applies to a semi or low skilled job laborer. I already told you that yes for NOC C or D BC MAY require a language test. Even then the emphasis is on MAY. That means nothing for any other streams that are unrelated to work. I think you have a hard time to admit that you don't know or that you were wrong.

Thanks for chiming in but you could not answer my question. Let's move on.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=641&top=6

Under Q&As

You should check the website of the province you want to nominate you to find out more about whether you need to take a test. There is no mention that you need it unless through EE.

forgotpassword

Nov 19, 2021
@hellolajja , did you get your BC PNP nomination? I applied for the non express entry stream but also International Post Graduate and I applied almost 1 month ago but my application status in the online portal is still in "Applied" state, it does not seem anyone worked on it yet.

Anyone else currently waiting for this? When did others apply?

Matt
hey matt, did you have to submit language test for International Post Graduate?

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I'm planning my BC PNP IPG application and have something in mind that needs your help:

1. Does anyone have the current timeline (at BC and Federal levels) for BC PNP IPG non-EE stream?
I'm just short-of EE stream and now considering 2 options:
- Apply under the non-EE stream while trying to improve my eligibility score for EE stream.
- Wait for 1-2 months for a chance to improve my score to be eligible for EE stream (currently 63/67 pts).

2. Has anyone applied under BC PNP non-EE stream, then qualified and reapplied under EE stream? Can you share your story?

Thank you and looking forward to any answer that could help.

My class has completed under BC PNP IPG stream and now we're on the way to selecting the best available option for us to follow.

If having enough reliable data, I would build a timeline summary.

chhmd426

Jan 2, 2023
Hello all,

I have read the thread. Thank you for the information!

I applied for BC PNP IPG on Oct 25th, 2022, and my status is still "Applied". I am hoping to get a nomination soon. I will go with the paper-based application as I don't have one year of experience yet.

I have two questions for you people:

1) After nomination, what documents are required and where do we submit the application?
2) How long does it take after that (between submission of the paper-based application and getting the PR card)?

Thank you!

Kelio

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hello all,

I have read the thread. Thank you for the information!

I applied for BC PNP IPG on Oct 25th, 2022, and my status is still "Applied". I am hoping to get a nomination soon. I will go with the paper-based application as I don't have one year of experience yet.

I have two questions for you people:

1) After nomination, what documents are required and where do we submit the application?
2) How long does it take after that (between submission of the paper-based application and getting the PR card)?

Thank you!

Hi:

I am in the same category with you, and I applied it round the same time with you as well.
However, my status is still "Applied".
Did you receive any update ?

Kelio

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hi:

I just noticed that BCPNP login-page has been offline from yesterday.
Is there anyone else noticed this issue?
And, anyone knows when they will back to normal?

chhmd426

Jan 2, 2023
Hi:

I just noticed that BCPNP login-page has been offline from yesterday.
Is there anyone else noticed this issue?
And, anyone knows when they will back to normal?
Yes it is offline. Probably something wrong with the server.
And not sure when will it be back.