+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP for International Post Graduate Stream.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Nothing inconsistent in my case. Even a call agent took a look and said that I meet the eligibility. With timing on EE FSW, it may take another year or more, and they can reject me then. It would be quite late to apply for a different stream in a year.
Once I lose my PGWP, I will have to leave. I would rather pay the extra money, apply for BC PNP stream and wait another year and a half to get PR, than keep hoping the EE officer would read through my letters and correct his notes. Stakes are high, and I wish not to gamble. I pick the safer option.

EDIT: Thanks for the info on the current timelines.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Good luck to you,...

Nothing inconsistent in my case. Even a call agent took a look and said that I meet the eligibility. With timing on EE FSW, it may take another year or more, and they can reject me then. It would be quite late to apply for a different stream in a year.
Once I lose my PGWP, I will have to leave. I would rather pay the extra money, apply for BC PNP stream and wait another year and a half to get PR, than keep hoping the EE officer would read through my letters and correct his notes. Stakes are high, and I wish not to gamble. I pick the safer option.

EDIT: Thanks for the info on the current timelines.

Mrsadfs

Jun 1, 2019
Right after. If you don't yet have an official diploma then you can request a letter from your school that confirms the completion of your program. You can use that to apply for this stream.
thank you for your response

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi, I have a question for BCPNP. I just got a new job 1 week ago and I plan to apply for BCPNP. In the employer requirement form, there is one tricky question in this form is - "Explain why the recruitment effort was unsuccessful in hiring a Canadian worker?" - It sounds like a big legal thing. Anyone has any suggestions to handle the answer to this question? How can I ask my new employer about this? Since I am very new to this job, I am nervous and scared to ask for this. Please advise!

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
This is the question the employer needs to answer not you, it relates to LMIA. But could you please ask this question in a different thread or section of this forum. This thread is focused on the BC PNP International Post Graduate stream. Thanks.

Hi, I have a question for BCPNP. I just got a new job 1 week ago and I plan to apply for BCPNP. In the employer requirement form, there is one tricky question in this form is - "Explain why the recruitment effort was unsuccessful in hiring a Canadian worker?" - It sounds like a big legal thing. Anyone has any suggestions to handle the answer to this question? How can I ask my new employer about this? Since I am very new to this job, I am nervous and scared to ask for this. Please advise!

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
There is a clause that min 50% of Program needs to be completed from Canada but for many more than 50% of program was done outside Canada due to Covid in 2020-21.

My spouse has done 50% program outside Canada and only did the last term out of three from within Canada. Is my spouse eligible to apply for BC PNP IPG stream?

mehmud.iqbal

Sep 11, 2020
Wanted to check how much time did it take for you guys to get the nomination from BC PNP through International postgraduate category. Also please mention if you applied for the EEBC IPG or SI IPG (paper based)?

mitshivam10

Aug 29, 2020
@Matt173 @mehmud.iqbal Curious to know if you guys received your nomination. I am going to apply for it next month. I don't have any job offer right now and any other way to proof my intent to stay and live in BC, Canada, hence was little worried what to show in intent to live in BC.
This is the question the employer needs to answer not you, it relates to LMIA. But could you please ask this question in a different thread or section of this forum. This thread is focused on the BC PNP International Post Graduate stream. Thanks.

paoladeguzman

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone here applied for BCPNP International Student Graduate? I am completing my application but my employer is not amenable to fill-out the Employer Declaration form because it appears as a bias of hiring based on residency status. What could be a replacement document, perhaps a certificate of employment or recommendation letter?

akosijared

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Anyone here applied for BCPNP International Student Graduate? I am completing my application but my employer is not amenable to fill-out the Employer Declaration form because it appears as a bias of hiring based on residency status. What could be a replacement document, perhaps a certificate of employment or recommendation letter?
That document is a requirement, no point in applying if employer doesn't want to fill it up.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I applied for BC PNP non EE option for International Post-Graduate stream on Aug 16th. I saw people got their nomination within a week in few of the posts I have seen. How long do you think the nomination timeframe is for this stream?

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for BC PNP non EE option for International Post-Graduate stream on Aug 16th. I saw people got their nomination within a week in few of the posts I have seen. How long do you think the nomination timeframe is for this stream?

Have a nice day!
Depends on your score and NOC?

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Depends on your score and NOC?
Thank you for your reply. I dont require NOC or ITA. I am applying in post graduate stream which does not require job offer. Unless there is some hidden criteria that they assign NOC to according to the field you graduated from, I do not know how i can know about the NOC. And it also does not require invitation so no score. I think score is only for invitation. I can directly apply for nomination, so there is no score too. So I was wondering if anyone knows the trend for nomination timeline for post graduate stream. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt173

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I dont require NOC or ITA. I am applying in post graduate stream which does not require job offer. Unless there is some hidden criteria that they assign NOC to according to the field you graduated from, I do not know how i can know about the NOC. And it also does not require invitation so no score. I think score is only for invitation. I can directly apply for nomination, so there is no score too. So I was wondering if anyone knows the trend for nomination timeline for post graduate stream. Thank you.
So did you check the draws to see if your score is high enough. Some draws have been specific for health care workers as an example.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
So did you check the draws to see if your score is high enough. Some draws have been specific for health care workers as an example.
How do I check for score? Isnt score the basis only for invitation to apply? As I said, post graduate stream dont require ITA. If the score is for nomination then, where and how do I know the score?

Last edited: