+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP for International Post Graduate Stream.

dreamerx10kadost

Jul 24, 2019
Hi Everyone!
I applied for BC PNP on August 20, 2021. Just wanted to know what is the timeline for the application process because it seems like they didn't start reviewing my application yet. Also If someone applied for the same this year please, gives a heads up.
Thanks.

culchmst

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Everyone!
I applied for BC PNP on August 20, 2021. Just wanted to know what is the timeline for the application process because it seems like they didn't start reviewing my application yet. Also If someone applied for the same this year please, gives a heads up.
Thanks.
applied in March, took about a week to get nominated

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I applied December 14, 2021 and still have not heard anything. Application Status: "Applied".

I am a bit worried because around the time I applied many others I know could not properly apply because there was a BC PNP IT outage and some applications even got lost.

Did you get your nomination? How long did it take in the end?

Hi Everyone!
Thanks.

dreamerx10kadost

Jul 24, 2019
I applied December 14, 2021 and still have not heard anything. Application Status: "Applied".

I am a bit worried because around the time I applied many others I know could not properly apply because there was a BC PNP IT outage and some applications even got lost.

Did you get your nomination? How long did it take in the end?
I got it after 3 months.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Right after. If you don't yet have an official diploma then you can request a letter from your school that confirms the completion of your program. You can use that to apply for this stream.

How soon after graduation can we apply for this program?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Did you all apply through Online system or paper-based? Just asking to check occasionally with timelines of applicants that applied before me.
I am waiting for IRCC to withdraw my EE application, and then I will go BC Int Post Grad route, once nominated -> Online system.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I think you are confusing couple things. First, IRCC does not withdraw an EE application. You have to withdraw yourself and take yourself out of the pool. If you refer to an application after you got invited to apply then that is not called an EE application anymore. Secondly, this thread is in particular about the BC International Post Graduate stream, not the IRCC application. Please would you be so kind as to address your question in a different thread because I think it makes more sense to keep topics focused in single threads...

Did you all apply through Online system or paper-based? Just asking to check occasionally with timelines of applicants that applied before me.
I am waiting for IRCC to withdraw my EE application, and then I will go BC Int Post Grad route, once nominated -> Online system.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Sorry, I don't think I am confused.
IRCC has to approve Express Entry withdrawal. You do this by submitting a web form. Note, I am not in the pool. I am an Express Entry applicant with BC nomination. It is still, and will always be an Express Entry application.
Second, I will be applying to BC PNP Skills Immigration International Postgraduate stream (Non express entry) which now has two options: 1) you can apply via paper-based route or 2) through online system (which is NOT express entry).

But, no problem. Will go to a different thread. All best.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Yes you definitely are confused. First you stated that "I am waiting for IRCC to withdraw my EE application, and then I will go BC Int Post Grad route, once nominated ". This in English implies that you have not yet applied for BC nomination via the International Post Graduate stream. Now you claim you are a EE applicant with nomination which means in plain English that you already received your BC nomination. You contradict yourself. Which one is it?

If you seek help from others can you clearly state exactly which stream you are currently applying under and in which stage you are. BC or Federal? And from what to what do you want to switch and why? Otherwise how do you expect others to understand what question you are trying to ask?

IRCC does not need to approve any EE withdrawal. If you are merely in the EE pool then all you have to do is click a button, confirm that you want to pull yourself out of the EE pool and you are out.

What do you want to ask? Whether the non EE Federal/IRCC provincial nominee process via paper or online is faster and how long each one takes to get processed? Nobody knows. Covid and total inefficiencies in this liberal government administration (both BC and federal) ensure that you cannot rely on any deadlines or processing times. Some got their BC International Post Graduate application approved within 2 days, others still wait after 2 months.

Sorry, I don't think I am confused.
IRCC has to approve Express Entry withdrawal. You do this by submitting a web form. Note, I am not in the pool. I am an Express Entry applicant with BC nomination. It is still, and will always be an Express Entry application.
Second, I will be applying to BC PNP Skills Immigration International Postgraduate stream (Non express entry) which now has two options: 1) you can apply via paper-based route or 2) through online system (which is NOT express entry).

But, no problem. Will go to a different thread. All best.

Reactions: buddy013

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
The nomination that I have with my Express entry profile cannot be translated to Skills immigration route.
I need to withdraw my Express entry application (and nomination), then I have to apply again for BC nomination and after getting nomination, I then have to send an application for PostGrad stream. Hope that is clearer. And again, I am not in the Express entry pool. There is a difference.. I WAS in the pool, and I received ITA for Express entry and I am an applicant in the process of immigration. There is no button to withdraw the application, you MUST send a webform. If you are in the pool, there is a button. Once the immigration process starts and you get ITA (as per my sig) there is no magic button.

I am not seeking any help. I merely asked who on this thread applied via paper, and who via online system, just to track the appropriate timelines so I can later compare them with mine.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
And that is what I stated, if you are in the pool you can withdraw yourself. You clarified your situation but it is even more unclear what you are really up to. Why would you want to throw away your ITA unless you misstated your situation and were awarded points that you now cannot justify. If anything about your situation changes before your ITA then you are supposed to notify them or change the information in your EE profile yourself. If something changed after receiving the ITA then you also should inform them right away. I never heard of anyone who received the coveted ITA then wants to dump it and start all over via a different stream unless with questionable intent. the BC application is expensive no matter how you look at it and it makes neither logical nor economic sense the way you described it. Anyway, not my business.

No matter what, you seem to be interested in timelines for those who already received the BC nomination and currently apply for IRCC PR. This thread clearly deals with the BC application step. Hope you find what you look for.

The nomination that I have with my Express entry profile cannot be translated to Skills immigration route.
I need to withdraw my Express entry application (and nomination), then I have to apply again for BC nomination and after getting nomination, I then have to send an application for PostGrad stream. Hope that is clearer. And again, I am not in the Express entry pool. There is a difference.. I WAS in the pool, and I received ITA for Express entry and I am an applicant in the process of immigration. There is no button to withdraw the application, you MUST send a webform. If you are in the pool, there is a button. Once the immigration process starts and you get ITA (as per my sig) there is no magic button.

I am not seeking any help. I merely asked who on this thread applied via paper, and who via online system, just to track the appropriate timelines so I can later compare them with mine.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
There is no need to assume right away that I am a criminal or hiding something. I am withdrawing because an agent made an error on my case (in gcms notes), and based on many people's experience through this forum, any additional letter of explanation won't change that error - which I did send. So I am basically waiting for rejection and there is nothing I can do to prove my eligibility unless taking this case to court. However, I still have some time on my work permit and I decided to switch the stream.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I see. Always the agent's fault. By the way I never said you are a criminal nor suggested such. But you are responsible for any inconsistencies in your application or errors. IRCC very clearly states that your signature and approval reflects your declaration that all the content is accurate to the best of your knowledge. Best of your knowledge means that you should have read through every single line in your application and verify it is correct. If that was not the case then you were negligent and hence responsible.

If it helps you then the current timeline given by IRCC for the paper and online applications is 18 months for the non EE provincial nominee program. But it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It gets approved when it gets approved. I never understand why people from certain cultures always are so impatient and can't wait to get a response. BC takes up to 3 months and IRCC PR application up to 18 months.

There is no need to assume right away that I am a criminal or hiding something. I am withdrawing because an agent made an error on my case (in gcms notes), and based on many people's experience through this forum, any additional letter of explanation won't change that error - which I did send. So I am basically waiting for rejection and there is nothing I can do to prove my eligibility unless taking this case to court. However, I still have some time on my work permit and I decided to switch the stream.