+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP applicants Jan 2015

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
CohenLandherr said:
I got a message from BC PNP today saying that they cannot nominate me because since I have already received an ITA form CIC my EE Profile is no longer available.
You wont need a PNP if an ITA has been received from CIC EE

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
Facepalm... does that come with a big fat refund CohenLandherr?

Same situation here, ITA already received.... haven't received anything from PNP yet!

VisaStress

Apr 13, 2015
I received my PNP yesterday!! ;D
It came with a work permit support letter. I've already applied for a work permit but it hasn't been processed yet. I think I'll try to get it at the border instead.

jamieyang

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
VisaStress said:
I received my PNP yesterday!! ;D
It came with a work permit support letter. I've already applied for a work permit but it hasn't been processed yet. I think I'll try to get it at the border instead.
congratulation.!

are you under regular bc pnp?

Can you tell me your file number and adimit day?

I am just wondering whether Bc pnp skilled is working or not since April.

jroockley

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
I'm going to the border tomorrow too. What documents do we need. I have the work support letter. But I know people who took like 7 documents.

VisaStress

Apr 13, 2015

Still need ITA to get my PR application going but hopefully the work permit keep me going for a while.

I submitted under BC PNP EE on Feb 13.

When going to the border, I've been advised to take my passport and old work permit, the receipts to show I submitted an application for a new work permit, my job offer and recommendation letter from my company, and a copy of my qualifications. Also need to take fee payment receipt to show company has paid employer compliance fee for LMIA exempt work permit.

jroockley

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
VisaStress said:

Still need ITA to get my PR application going but hopefully the work permit keep me going for a while.

I submitted under BC PNP EE on Feb 13.

When going to the border, I've been advised to take my passport and old work permit, the receipts to show I submitted an application for a new work permit, my job offer and recommendation letter from my company, and a copy of my qualifications. Also need to take fee payment receipt to show company has paid employer compliance fee for LMIA exempt work permit.
Yeah similar, although my buddy who did it in February, took the IMM 1295 Application for a work visa made outside of canada!

jroockley

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
"Also need to take fee payment receipt to show company has paid employer compliance fee for LMIA exempt work permit"

This is new to me, and now i am having last minute panic attack as the boss is in germany, i need to go to the border tomorrow or my current permit expires.

Stressful!

VisaStress

Apr 13, 2015
yes it only came in in February. I only found out about it this week too (although I had already applied for a new work permit). Hopefully it wont be an issue.

Good luck at the border. Which one are you going to?
Let us know how you get on.

igorsalves87

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't we create a group on whatsapp? So we can talk in real time to each other...

jroockley

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Got a year visa at the border after hard work. They wanted the whole acceptance package but that comes in the mail and I didn't have time to wait.

I went to a small border but if I could again I'd go somewhere busier so they were more likely to have seen this happen before.

VisaStress

Apr 13, 2015
Congratulations! You must be so relieved :)

Did you have the BC PNP support letter?
Did you manage to get the Employer Compliance Fee and form before you went?

jroockley

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
I had the work support letter. I took lots of forms and a copy of my expresd entry points page. My boss paid the compliance fee overnight from Germany.

The border agent called me up and asked what it was and why I only paid it today. So I explained and she sent me to sit back down.

I definately got the impression they had never seen this before as there was lots of discussion and a not so pleasant french man who I heard say "I would not issue this."

He actually put me in a nervous mood straight away as I said "Hi I've been nominated by BC and I'm here to pick up a work vias. Here is my documentation. "

I got the shrugged off sarcastic response of "and...."

VisaStress

Apr 13, 2015
That's sounds like a very unpleasant experience. Fantastic that you got the permit though.
I'm going to try tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well.