+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2023 Post your questions and timeline

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
Back in November 2020, I applied under BC PnP Tech Pilot Stream got my noimnation from BC PNP after a week and then got nomination from IRCC. Then from IRCC I got my AOR in early January 2021. I was on close work permit which was valid till end of January 2021. Before the expiry of my close work perimt I applied and got my bridge open work permit. I sent my open work perimt to BC PNP office. Additionally, with open work perimt I continue to work with same employer till JUNE 2021. Then I stopped working and did not informed BC PNP about my changes till my PR confirmation (because I do not know if I have to inform. Also I had open work permit which allows me to work anywhere so I did not inform). I got my PR in the month of September 2021. Will this affect my Citizenship application?

Here is my situation:
NOV 2020 BC PNP nomination.
DEC 2020 IRCC nomination.
AOR 10 January 2021 from IRCC.
Close work permit expiry date January 31 2021.
12 January 2021 Applied for open work permit.
20 January 2021 got Open work permit (also informed the BC PNP that will continue to work with same employer).
June 2021 stopped working with employer becasue job offer was till June. That time I was having open work permit with me.
September 2021 PR confirmation. (from June 2021 till September 2021 did not worked with any employer, and also by mistake did not informed BC PNP changes in my job because I though I had open work permit which allows me to work with any employer so it would not affect my application even if I work on low paying job).
2024 time to apply for citizenship.
Will my situation affect my citizenship application?
Anyone can help me please?

oyaoyali

Mar 11, 2024
Hi, here is my timeline:
2023-7-4 bcpnp decision
2023-12-05 federal pr application
2024-03-05 AOR, FN and required biometric fee and additional information (police certificate, schedule A form to add recent history)
(for now, I uploaded all required documents, updated my new address and paid fee)

I have a question regarding to my application which is that does it matter if I moved out of the nominated provinces during the federal application processing period? Will they questioning me or reject my application?
The thing is, I could not find a job to continue living in BC after my graduation, I applied for hundreds of jobs in bc and other province, and I got a job offer in other province so I moved. But it is a temporary contract, so I can still say I would like to move back to bc after this job.
I've already update my employment information and address history to this application, I have no clue what will happen according to this. If you have any comments please let me know.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
Hello Everyone, Asking for a friend.

My friend is working with health authority but as a casual employee with more than 30 hours per week. For BC PNP- it is required one to have Indefinite job offer (i.e. no end date) and full time work ( which is being described as on an average 30 regular hours a week, year-round). The question is even being a Casual employee, can my friend apply under BC PNP? Your guidance is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Everyone, Asking for a friend.

My friend is working with health authority but as a casual employee with more than 30 hours per week. For BC PNP- it is required one to have Indefinite job offer (i.e. no end date) and full time work ( which is being described as on an average 30 regular hours a week, year-round). The question is even being a Casual employee, can my friend apply under BC PNP? Your guidance is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
No she needs permanent job offer. She can’t apply for Casual job .

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
No she needs permanent job offer. She can’t apply for Casual job .
Thank you very much for response. I was looking into the BC PNP guide and it says as below.

4.2 (b) You must be offered indeterminate, full-time employment with a B.C. public health authority, or be a physician, nurse practitioner or midwife who can meet the requirements below
Employees of a B.C. public health authority:
You must be offered an indeterminate, full-time position as a direct employee of one of B.C.’s public health authorities.

The BC PNP defines full-time employment as at least an average of 30 hours per week, year-round.
Indeterminate means the job offer must not be temporary or have a defined end date.

It nowhere says permanent. That is why I am confused.

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you very much for response. I was looking into the BC PNP guide and it says as below.

4.2 (b) You must be offered indeterminate, full-time employment with a B.C. public health authority, or be a physician, nurse practitioner or midwife who can meet the requirements below
Employees of a B.C. public health authority:
You must be offered an indeterminate, full-time position as a direct employee of one of B.C.’s public health authorities.

The BC PNP defines full-time employment as at least an average of 30 hours per week, year-round.
Indeterminate means the job offer must not be temporary or have a defined end date.

It nowhere says permanent. That is why I am confused.
No , you need permanent job offer. You can’t apply on casual position as already told .

Reactions: monikam

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
No , you need permanent job offer. You can’t apply on casual position as already told .
Quick question- if employer shows on offer letter that there is minimum 30 hours per week and offer letter is indeterminate. then does it make a person eligible as it satisfy both requirement of BC PNP- Full time ( 30 hours per week, year round)+ indeterminate job offer letter?

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
My Common law partner has a full-time job in the health authority and has all the documents from the employer. Due to CLB6 not being able to create an IRCC profile.
My NOC is 23100 - Civil Engineer and I will be completing my 2 years of experience in 2 weeks.
My score is 114 and the current cutoff is 113 for tech, what should we do? How long it take to get PR if we are applying for a non-EEBC option?

rvndrisngh540

Feb 3, 2024
Can Anyone Help me with this?
I have an ECA Certificate from ICAS mentioned equivalency- COLLEGE DIPLOMA(THREE YEARS)
I want to apply for BC PNP but I am confused whether I need to choose post secondary diploma or Bachelors degree? as per CRS and FSWP, they accept College Diploma three years as a bachelor degree and give same points. But in BC PNP, there is nothing mentioned on BC PNP website about it. But on Canada.ca, it is mentioned that College Diploma three years is equivalent to Bachelors degree. Please help me to choose the best option. Thanks in advance.

RV@8177

Feb 2, 2024
Skilled Immigration Skilled Worker - NOC 12200 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers)
BC PNP Invitation date: Nov 28, 2023
File submitted: Dec 7, 2023
Status change: Applied to in process (Feb 21,2024)

Receive a call from IRCC for employee confirmation but i want to holidays. Now i am waiting a call from IRCC for confirmation.

Anyone else in a similar situation in same skilled ? Any lead when i will get any call confirmation, if not coming any call in 90 days what will happened ?

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Skilled Immigration Skilled Worker - NOC 12200 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers)
BC PNP Invitation date: Nov 28, 2023
File submitted: Dec 7, 2023
Status change: Applied to in process (Feb 21,2024)

Receive a call from IRCC for employee confirmation but i want to holidays. Now i am waiting a call from IRCC for confirmation.

Anyone else in a similar situation in same skilled ? Any lead when i will get any call confirmation, if not coming any call in 90 days what will happened ?
Your score please?

myp4444

Aug 2, 2019
Can any one tell me the sequence of stages of IRCC? I have submitted the file after getting state nomination.

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,

Our company has 3 full-time employees. I'm working in Canada under the LMIA with the work permit.

Do you think if they accept me with my employer not having the 5 full-time employees? Is this mandatory or kind of subjective?

Is there anyone has the same experience? I mean someone that is nominated with less than 5 full-time employees?

Thank you for your help.